Cowboy vs. Henderson

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by joshbish, Jan 9, 2015.

1. joshbish

joshbish Blue Belt

I'm about as excited for this fight than I've been in a while. I Benson seems to be declining slightly, but Cerrone taking this kind of fight with two weeks out? SICK!

Cerrone is on a historic run right now. He doesn't give a fuck about anything but fighting and getting paid. This is the kind of fighter I like...one that doesn't dodge anyone and who will jump in at a moments notice. I am all in with any PPV that this dude is on.

This all being said, do you think that giving that he has just come off of a 3 round decision fight, that he will be ready to go after only 2 weeks? I mean, I know these dudes are in top physical shape, but the amount of training that these guys do between fights, fight prep, weight cuts, etc...Doesn't your body need more time to recuperate?

2. Arm Barbarian

Arm Barbarian Titanium Belt Platinum Member

Hopefully fighting back to back in 2 weeks won't take it's toll on him.

Would be awesome to see him finally break that Bendo curse and get another shot at the title. Dude has certainly put the work in. One of the most RELIABLE fighters in the UFC. He always shows up to his fights, and comes to scrap.

3. tracksuitfan

tracksuitfan Blue Belt

If he wins this he's a real title contender no doubts.

4. VladimirLemon

VladimirLemon Orange Belt

Yeah man this is going to be an awesome fight!
    My cousin bought me tickets to fly from Florida see it with him in Boston a few weeks ago and I was stoked enough about Henderson V Alvarez but bam!
    Outta nowhere Cerrone steps in, I have been a huge Cerrone fan since the WEC days.
    I am stoked! Hoping for a Cerrone headkick.

5. Reach4theSky

Reach4theSky Playin' a riddim

He'll be fine. Firstly the guy is in phenomenal shape and it was pretty obvious that he didn't take much or any damage in his last fight.

That being said, can he beat Bendo?...Tough call. But if he loses it won't be because of the short time between fights.

6. Jblizzle

Jblizzle Red Belt

Cowboy is going to get his revenge Rampage style and Im going be there to watch it live

7. DyinHawaiian

DyinHawaiian #FEELTHEBERN

Where you at Georges? Where you at motherfucker?!
    Hoping for this.

I'm a Bendo fan too but Cerrone deserves a big win and a bonus to go with it.

8. jmd69

jmd69 Brown Belt

I'm rooting for Cowboy all the way!

9. Bmartin89

Bmartin89 Purple Belt

Hope Cerrone avenges those losses

10. Tilley

Tilley White Belt

I hate to wish misfortune on anybody competing at this high a level, but I do hope Cerrone comes out unscathed. That would mean he'd have to win rather quickly without taking any damage.

I then hope he steps in to Face Matt Brown in Colorado. The general consensus is that the UFC was waiting on Lombard to decide if he was up for it, or not, but being that the fight is just 9 days away, they may wait for that, too.

You can say "He'll get killed against Brown" but I'd be willing to be that Cerrone doesn't think that, and I'd also be willing to be that Cerrone would jump at the opportunity of that fight, providing he is not injured in the fight.

11. CerebralKnievel

CerebralKnievel Silver Belt

What are you talking about? Cerrone is not fighting at WW.

12. ALAN PARTRIDGE

ALAN PARTRIDGE NO LONGER REGISTERED

I'll be excited if Cowboy wins

13. linvillegorge

linvillegorge Silver Belt

I think Cerrone would take the fight in a heartbeat, but the UFC would be stupid to let him. Cerrone is a legit title contender and fan favorite at LW. Why would they risk putting him in there with a WW? It just wouldn't make sense.

14. Tilley

Tilley White Belt

You're telling me you know for a fact that Cerrone doesn't like getting money thrown at him?

He is fighting a guy who's next fight will be at WW, as well, so why not? Especially if he dominates him.

It is a win-win for both.

Brown wins: He beats the hottest 155lber in the world. He puts a stamp on the entire "There are weight classes for a reason" argument. He loses, and he lost to the hottest 155lber in the world. Making his last two fights against the WW who is most on fire and the LW who is most on fire. Not bad.

Cerrone wins: He beats one of the toughest outs in the 170lb division. He gets his 3rd fight(and 3rd payday) under his belt a month and a half into the year, and a good start for a FOTY run. He loses and he loses to one of the toughest outs of the weight division above his normal weight division. His streak ends, but not at 155. He was still at least one fight away from a title eliminator anyways, with Nurmagomedov being next in line, so he would have some time to get in a fight against Melendez, or another top foe.

Neither of these guys are stupid, and it is very winnable for BOTH men, with a guaranteed paycheck for both, as well. I imagine being it on short notice for both, as well, the UFC will 'take care of them' in the form of some sort of sign on bonus.

15. aModerateThreat

aModerateThreat Brown Belt

cerrone gets rassled for 5 rounds straight. ben thakes a UD

16. WAR3MTA3

WAR3MTA3 Orange Belt

Cerrone with a flying knee to KO Benson.

17. Loisaida

Loisaida Green Belt

He should be fine. He took basically no damage in the Jury fight. But he has run himself into the ground before.

18. jordanpink19

jordanpink19 Blue Belt

Your post is so out of left field. That would be absolutetly idiotic of cowboy to do

19. El Fernas

El Fernas Red Belt

Cerrone doesnt seem to me like the type of guy that could fight and do great at WW, even Bendo looks bigger than him at LW, and some say that he will not do that great there because of the size difference, not interested on watching Cowboy do that....

Fighting Bendo?? Yes, Please!!

20. Son of Sonnen

Son of Sonnen Brown Belt

Hard to imagine a scenario that would put Notorious as second fiddle on that that Boston card, but here we are. Cerrone has completely upstaged McGregor by taking this fight.

Looking more forward to this fight than any of the others up until we hit the Weidman/Vitor fight.