Cowboy v Perry first questionable fight I've seen in the UFC modern era

Cowboy won 1st and 3rd round clearly.
He beat the shit out of perry, i don't know what fight the judges were watching
Round 3 he stood on the cage and got pummeled. That looks really bad to the judges

Olivera has been TKO'd only once in his career. He can take a punch. Perry won and i like his do or die attitude but he is a plodding fighter that telegraphs his punches. And what was with the last minute of the fight, Mike Perry playing safe?

When two guys suck and are really stupid it’s tough to say that one guy is lucky that the other sucks and is stupid.

I don't think either suck. They are both limited, albeit exciting fighters. I thought for sure that Perry would KO him in the 2nd, but as I said, he just waited and waited for one punch. Oliveira was wide open for knees when he covered up and Mike was punching his gloves.

Think about it this way: if you fight safely and win a decision, you just get your normal pay. If you have a war and get fight of the night or a good KO you get an extra $50,000.. thats why sometimes guys fight like this instead of playing it safe, its financially viable to throw strategy out the window and just swing to entertain the drunk fans and Dana cageside.

You've clearly never seen Alex Oliveira fight before

He's never been this bad

my only explanation is he's gone full chris lytle

as in my careers not going anywhere so I now want to be known as a entertaining crazy banger

Quit being a whiny bitch and give Perry his credit you bunch of racists.

wtf was that?

he was clearly winning round 1 easily and hurting him badly with the leg kicks
all he needed to do was stay on the outside and pick him apart

looks like he did everything possible to lose rounds 2 and 3 including dropping twice without actually appearing to be hurt and "wobbling" for 2 seconds in the third and then falling onto his back to finish round 3

He put his face out to be hit and felt power and said I’ll stay out here thank you

7e4.jpg

I don't think either suck. They are both limited, albeit exciting fighters. I thought for sure that Perry would KO him in the 2nd, but as I said. He just waited and waited for one punch. Oliveira was wide open for knees when he covered up and Mike was punching his gloves.

It’s semantics I guess. Sucks and stupid. Limited. Call it whatever. They don’t execute very sophisticated game plans.

cowboy gassed

right -- but he gassed because he was doing nonsensical things dancing, throwing wheel kicks, spinning

all he had to do was stay technical and keep throwing 1-2's and attacking the leg

It’s semantics I guess. Sucks and stupid. Limited. Call it whatever. They don’t execute very sophisticated game plans.

Perry is certainly the most predictable fighter in the UFC. Comes forward looking for one punch the whole fight. Throws an elbow or kick a couple times a round.

Back