Cowboy should retire (RESPECT THREAD)

Strangely enough he'd be one of Khabib's toughest tests. Great striking, reach, decent chin and excellent submissions off his back to keep Khabib guessing. Problem is, hes not good enough to make it to a LW title shot to begin with.
I feel the same thing.
Him, Justin G. and Kevin Lee are maybe the toughest tests for Khabib but due to style matchups they are hardly gonna get enough wins to get a title shot.

15 years from now Cowboy will be fighting Max Holloways kids

If he's not ready to retire, then who are you to tell him he should? He may not have looked great in his last fight, but he's done fine over his last few. And that was one of the first times he's ever gotten TKO'd with his face, 'cause he usually crumbles with his stomach. I'm a huge fan, and I genuinely want the best for him. But his chin still hasn't let him down much, yet. Jumping to this already is as premature as Herb Dean.

Cowboy will retire the moment they dont ask him anymore every 2 months. He knows he will never make champion money. Thats why he fights 300 times a year to make up for it.

If the ufc says its enough hell probably fight 5 times a year on bellator

I don’t know why fans think they have a right to say when a man should” retire” . I wonder if they understand that Cowboy earns his money by competing in the UFC. It’s not like he’s been making 50 million dollar paydays and will never run out of money. I’m sure there are a ton of guys who are worse fighters than Cowboy getting paid less than him. Should they all just “retire”?

Someone like Cowboy, who fights for money, not acclaim, is never going to hang them up, at least not of his own volition. It might be the case now, with a son and family, he starts considering it, but i dont see it happening.

Cowboy just beat Hernandez and Iaquinta in 2019. He is too skinny for 170. I would like to see Cowboy vs Poirier next.

Firstly, this is not like when you retarded casuals go off on a prospect or champ after his first or second loss.

With out counting the 30 boxing and kickboxing fights he offically had cause I dont know shit about them or all those street fights I heard about so I don't count or care about those. Cowboy is now 36 and a half with exactly 50 pro MMA fights under his wear n tear, with an aggressive style.

So many beautiful memories on the just bleed shrine from a genuinely nice guy. Time to hang em up my friend.

The guy already has a crazy life style as it is. He has went surfing and rock climbing on the same night after a weigh in...

2966280_0.jpg

Jesus, look at Captain Save-a-Ho here. Shut up!

After that KO he should definitely take some time off.

Retire? That's only up to him.

All this health stuff I get the sentiments and agree 100000% the care of the fighters but we're not doctors, they have doctors there who will say if these kind of things are a risk or not.

Unless the doctors say things like this then I don't really see why we should, Cowboy is only 36, the sounds like he's 70 lol

His opponents are all around the similar age (not far off) and Lawler is even older, Cowboys not 75 lol

You should retire from this forum. Please.

Also, cowboy spends his money the second he makes it. Thats why he fights so often. Not just because he loves it so much. Because he burns through his paychecks.

He should drop to 145 imo...dont @ me

That is not actually true, he comes from a wealthy family. He is not hurting for money, he fights for the thrill of it.

He won't. He's always been delusional about his status as a gatekeeper.

He could have been a great fighter if he had a higher IQ, in or out of the cage.

That is not actually true, he comes from a wealthy family. He is not hurting for money, he fights for the thrill of it.
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2014/1/...eeds-fight-now-broke-money-joe-silva-mma-news

"One of the things we haven't heard a whole lot about with the current generation of big name UFC fighters is problems with handling their money. Donald Cerrone is making it known that he is running through his cash as fast as he earns it."

he might not be on the street begging for change but to continue his lifestyle he loves so much, he needs to keep fighting. unless hes made some serious changes to his approach since his kid was born

"What really happened is I spent all my money, so I'm broke, and I only have one choice but to fight," said Cerrone in an exclusive interview with Examiner.com as a guest on Majority Draw Radio.

"I text Joe [Silva] after my last fight and said, ‘I want a fight ASAP.' He said, ‘How does January 25th sound?' I said, ‘Great!'

"I'm just out of control," explained Cerrone. "It's hard to have money in the bank, want something, and not get it. I just [expletive] buy it. I have no idea what saving money is."

I don't think he should retire just yet. He should definitely stop cutting to 155 though. He isn't getting the belt so why go through that cut?

Cowboy should do whatever the fuck he wants.

Firstly, this is not like when you retarded casuals go off on a prospect or champ after his first or second loss.

With out counting the 30 boxing and kickboxing fights he offically had cause I dont know shit about them or all those street fights I heard about so I don't count or care about those. Cowboy is now 36 and a half with exactly 50 pro MMA fights under his wear n tear, with an aggressive style.

So many beautiful memories on the just bleed shrine from a genuinely nice guy. Time to hang em up my friend.

The guy already has a crazy life style as it is. He has went surfing and rock climbing on the same night after a weigh in...

2966280_0.jpg

i hope he's close to being done, for his own well being. with the damage he's taken during his MANY fights. although i could easily see him falling into BJ Penn territory

Cerrone will probably be one of the toughest fighters in UFC history to convince to stop.

Cowboy just isn’t as good as Gaethje. Cerrones’ career has always come in peaks and troughs, it’s not like this is the first time he’s been finished.
It's the first time he's been KO'd at range in the middle of the cage, where he shines best.

If he doesn't retire, he needs to fight lesser competition. Maybe a guys like Diego Ferreira at 155, or a guy like Zaleski at 170.

Why does Cowboy have the hardest mean mug when Bruce Buffer is introducing fighters but puts on a huge smile on when touching gloves? never understood that shit about him

I'd like to see him in some bare knuckle fights if he leaves the UFC.

Back