Cowboy should retire (RESPECT THREAD)

KillerIsBack V2

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Firstly, this is not like when you retarded casuals go off on a prospect or champ after his first or second loss.

With out counting the 30 boxing and kickboxing fights he offically had cause I dont know shit about them or all those street fights I heard about so I don't count or care about those. Cowboy is now 36 and a half with exactly 50 pro MMA fights under his wear n tear, with an aggressive style.

So many beautiful memories on the just bleed shrine from a genuinely nice guy. Time to hang em up my friend.

The guy already has a crazy life style as it is. He has went surfing and rock climbing on the same night after a weigh in...

2966280_0.jpg

You should retire from this forum. Please.
200w.webp

But bro, neither you nor me want him to end up like BJ now, even when hendo retired he had less fights.
Just watch that highlight and cherish the memories.

Cowboy just isn’t as good as Gaethje. Cerrones’ career has always come in peaks and troughs, it’s not like this is the first time he’s been finished.

You'r probably right, Cerrone is a great fighter but he make so much fights and so much war, I don't want to see a news in ten years that he died.

He need to think about retirement, for real, in any case he's a fucking legend of the UFC no doubt on that.

You should retire from this forum. Please.

Also, cowboy spends his money the second he makes it. Thats why he fights so often. Not just because he loves it so much. Because he burns through his paychecks.

He should drop to 145 imo...dont @ me

I opened this thinking it was going to be a genuine thread then it started off with calling us retarded casuals, not really a great start lol, to have the title respect thread then to diss the fans on the forum kinda contradicts lol

Anyway in regards to him retiring though, unless he wants to then I don't really see why he should, he's still bringing us great fights and people love to watch him, in fact look at the respect his opponents have for him too, he brings something unique to the table which people like.

He is only 36, people often forget that because of how it's mentioned with him and being around so long yet his opponents have been 31 (Gaethje), 32 (Iaquinta), 35 (Tony), 34 (Masvidal) etc.. and people don't talk about them retiring, there's not really that much difference, in fact Lawler is older than him (37) and he's also one of his opponents too only a year and half or so ago.

If he retired now, I wouldn't think it was too soon - but he doesn't look like shit when he fights. It's not like BJ Penn or Diego Sanchez where you're just seeing him get hurt time and time again, Cowboy is pretty much always in there so long as he doesn't face a pressure fighter.

That said, he's had 50 fights and is in his mid 30s, like you say, so if he did hang it up now, there's nothing to be ashamed of, he has had a hall of fame worthy career.

Ugh, he'll be back. This happens to Cowboy every couple years, then he goes on a run.

Streaking Cerrone, until the RDA fight.

WW Cerrone, until he met the dangerous strikers.

Dad Cerrone, until he met LW's new killers.

He'll have another kid and be known as Double Dad Cerrone and go on another LW run until he runs into a young prospect or some shit, or 165 will get made and he'll be known as Right Weight Cerrone, go on a run, and then get ran over by a wrestler or some shit.

Idk. He ain't getting a belt, but he'll be fine lol.

If he retired now, I wouldn't think it was too soon - but he doesn't look like shit when he fights. It's not like BJ Penn or Diego Sanchez where you're just seeing him get hurt time and time again, Cowboy is pretty much always in there so long as he doesn't face a pressure fighter.

That said, he's had 50 fights and is in his mid 30s, like you say, so if he did hang it up now, there's nothing to be ashamed of, he has had a hall of fame worthy career.

Pretty much nailed it.

"You think you could beat khabib?"... "I think you'd be suprised, i think he'd fuck you up, i really do"

Strangely enough he'd be one of Khabib's toughest tests. Great striking, reach, decent chin and excellent submissions off his back to keep Khabib guessing. Problem is, hes not good enough to make it to a LW title shot to begin with.

As a fan thinking about his well being - he is still a top 6 LW to me behind Khabib, Tony, Conor, Gatheje, Poirier - I wish he'd take fights that are less dangerous for his health.
I wish he'd take some fights against grapplers more often, maybe against Lee if he returns to LW now.
He is good enough to hang with the top 3 guys - I think he won the first round vs Ferguson. There is no need for him to retire just be smarter with the short notice matchups vs dangerous strikers who can leave a permanent damage on him.

If he can still beat the likes of iaquinta then he should not retire. Plus its hard to retire when your spending as fast as its coming in.

Back