Cowboy is being too hard on himself

High Altitude

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
Cowboy showed great JJ, almost got the submission, almost knocked him out and I don't think there is anything else he could of done when Jury didn't want to fight.

When your opponent doesn't want to fight and is willing to run away, what are you suppose to do?

Jury should be shelved for 9 months and put on the undercard. No one who performs like he did should be rewarded with quick turn around fights and main card status.

I agree Cerrone is too hard on himself when he doesn't finish. He put on a clinic.

Punishing fighters for doing what they can to survive once they realize they're out of their league is retarded.

In related news. Dana needs to stfu about fighters not trying hard enough to finish, danas not a fighter. His criticism of Hector was asinine.

Jury got what he deserved for his post fight comments following the Diego fight, and Cerrone showed everyone once again that he's one of the most talented and toughest fighters in the game.

In related news. Dana needs to stfu about fighters not trying hard enough to finish, danas not a fighter. His criticism of Hector was asinine.

Well, Dana is a loud mouth chump who has control of the microphone, and always seems to speak whatever comes to mind, so idiotic statements like that are sadly expected.

rather have that than the jury crap

He's just upset because he never got an OTN bonus lol.

dana is a casual fan

I agree. It's not Cowboy's fault Jury was running away. Berkman was doing the same thing at times as well.

I agree Cerrone is too hard on himself when he doesn't finish. He put on a clinic.

Punishing fighters for doing what they can to survive once they realize they're out of their league is retarded.

2 different schools of thought with Cerrone and Jury.
Jury isn't a real fighter he is really talented skilled cerebral athlete. Which is great except for when they meet there match they like you said go into live to fight another day mode.

Cerrone on the other hand is instinct fighter also skilled but his core is to fight. That means Fight or die most people can't understand it but that's a real fighter. He will never think to run away same thing as he said about kicking Jury. He said " I was kicking him to say f you and break his legs or my own legs" I understand his mentality even if it doesn't make sense to injure yourself when this kind of person gets that chemical released inside there is no stopping. Happens to very few people I seemed to have found out from being an athlete for almost 50 years.

All and all I agree thee are many reason he should not have done it but he stayed with in the rules and stopped when he had to.

He's just upset because he never got an OTN bonus lol.

yeah, the dude wanted a war to give the fans a show and get a bonus check but the opponent just wanted to survive.

Man, definitely not a fan of Jury or Burkman after those fights.

the only funny thing in the burkman fight was when the ref asked if he wanted to continue and burkman said "yeah I'm okay, I'm just having a bad weekend"

Wouldn't criticize Burkman too much. He too someone out of his league just to come back to the UFC. What was he supposed to do, get himself knocked out? At least he offered some entertainment by taunting Lombard and occasionally landing counters.

The matchmakers should be blamed for this more.

I agree. Although if it wasn't for the end of the round ass kicking thing, I'm sure people would be whining about how Cerrone should have been able to finish, needs to learn how to cut the ring and blah blah blah.

Agreed, but he was also being really harsh on Jury for not engaging.

I was disappointed Myles didn't go for it I picked Cerrone but thought it'd be a close one.

Wouldn't criticize Burkman too much. He too someone out of his league just to come back to the UFC. What was he supposed to do, get himself knocked out? At least he offered some entertainment by taunting Lombard and occasionally landing counters.

The matchmakers should be blamed for this more.

I agree. He did eat some fucking heavy shots like sandwiches and did throw some good bombs, I'll give him that.

Well, Dana is a loud mouth chump who has control of the microphone, and always seems to speak whatever comes to mind, so idiotic statements like that are sadly expected.

not sure why people listen to his opinions - he breaks news and his opinions are whatever suit the UFC's interest

Cowboy showed great JJ, almost got the submission, almost knocked him out and I don't think there is anything else he could of done when Jury didn't want to fight.

When your opponent doesn't want to fight and is willing to run away, what are you suppose to do?

Jury should be shelved for 9 months and put on the undercard. No one who performs like he did should be rewarded with quick turn around fights and main card status.

And I think you are being too hard on Jury. He did his best, Cerrone is a beast and terrifying opponent to fight against. He didn't do amazing, but I am certainly he did his best. I am not his fan and I rooted for Cerrone but gotta give him respect. Its a tough sport

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Santos FC 1912
Back