Cowboy didn't take a dive, but he didn't come in the fight with the 'Eye of the Tiger'

Dessyboy

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
I don't think Cowboy took a dive, but he definitely didn't come into the fight with the 'Eye of the Tiger'. I think that's the fairest way to sum things up

I think his main priority was to not get seriously hurt so he can enjoy his last big payday with his family.

Cowboy has taken bigger hits and fought back.

giphy.gif

UFC chosen wisely the man for the job.

He’s a Skinny white bob sapp these days

I don't think Cowboy took a dive, but he definitely didn't come into the fight with the 'Eye of the Tiger'. I think that's the fairest way to sum things up

I think his main priority was to not get seriously hurt so he can enjoy his last big payday with his family.

Cowboy has taken bigger hits and fought back.

So he took a dive is what you are saying?

Just got beat by a far superior fighter, mate

Nothing he could have done about it

I wish Cerrone could have 2 minutes alone in a cage with all the sad Sherdog fucks who have been dragging his name and character through the mud for the past 18 hours.

I don't think he took a dive, he's got $9 million to his name... If he had WON that fight, he'd get even more in the long run, and we all know (as the most fucking active fighter in the UFC) -- he's not afraid to fight lol.

I think he is a great active fighter in the sport, and people that can fight 4X a year SHOULD. As a fan, it makes me happy.

Also, his slow starting ability is one of his biggest downfalls. Literally 6-7 of his losses were first round losses.... no secret, no lie, no dive, no coverup, no conspiracy.

...but... He didn't obtain all those crazy records by being some bitch, so stop shitting on the guy.

Pretty disappointed In his "fire" after all that hype.

Would have loved a couple of rounds, but that headkick was pretty hard, and clean on the chin.

His attitude after was straight out creepy no doubt. He got brain damaged, got his nose broken, and generally got trashed in big fight that could have won him lots of dolars.

Yet he was all smiles, looked gratefull, or something.o_O

I don't know if he took a dive. I also don't think it would had mattered. He is a shot fighter and isn't beating anyone in the top ten probably ever again.

That said people who acted like taking a dive is unheard of simply don't know the history of combat sports. Many of Tyson's fights were fixed. That doesn't mean his opponents would have had beat him other wise.

A fighter who has no chance and is past their prime is the perfect person to take a dive. They see it as win win since they knew they had no chance anyway, and the fix is for people who want to make money on the round or time of the stoppage not that they thought they would lose the fight. Also to make sure that their fighter looks good. It's easy for a skilled fighter to avoid a knock out if they turtle up and don't engage. The fix solves this.

Also, if you think that the mob still doesn't run Vegas and combat sports then you quite simply don't know anything about how Vegas or combat sports or really works.

Back