Cowboy Cerrone Splits From His Striking Coach

He hit his ceiling. It's not his coach's fault and it wasn't the weight class. He just isn't going to get any further than he already has.

I already said he should retire some time ago.

Would like to see him stay at altitude and train with Bang and the Snake.

Lil foot and head movement might make a really big difference if Cowboy wants to keep fighting for a while.

Also he needs specific help dealing with the fact that everybody knows he is a slow starter..... Dealing with the inevitable blitzing

Between 45 fights and how many heavy weight cuts prior to Welterweight
it is safe to say that he is wore out from years of abuse.

The idea of being locked in a cage with PMP has already started to tear him apart psychologically.

Well, Edmond Tarverdyan is currently free.
First lesson: head movement
Second lesson: clinch

Erm
Damn dude I mean fuck.. 95% of my posts are just jokes but now you made me second guess..
Griffin and Felder have pretty good Chins and one is a big boy for the weight class (max)
I don't think him knocking cowboy out is out of the realm of possibility
Maybe more a tko where cowboy turtles up?

Now theres two word you find in a sentence anywhere else. Cowboy and Turtle.

Good move imo. Hopefully this change will get him back on the winning side of things

31.gif

If you listen real carefully you can hear Edmund yelling “Head movement!!! Head movement!!!!”

I dont really have an opinion until i see him fight after training with a new striking coach

Maybe his coaches never changed their strategy and techniques for him to adjust to his age, schedule and damage. I think if you look around the UFC roster you will find a lot of fighters that could most likely benefit from a change in gym, fight camps or fight trainers. I think you can only get so good doing the same things with the same people, it may sound stupid but as a Chef staying in the same kitchen for 10 years is extremely limiting to your skill set, I've found it's best to move around every few years to pick up new skills and put old ones back in to use. I imagine it would be similar in professional fighting and a lot of other things.

Erm
Damn dude I mean fuck.. 95% of my posts are just jokes but now you made me second guess..
Griffin and Felder have pretty good Chins and one is a big boy for the weight class (max)
I don't think him knocking cowboy out is out of the realm of possibility
Maybe more a tko where cowboy turtles up?
Yeah agreed I just don't wanna believe it.

I think it has more to do with PLatinum perry than we all know

He should get Pecos Bill to train him.

Yeah agreed I just don't wanna believe it.

You never know, cowboy suprised me when he pulled the takedown game on Cote, maybe he can show platinum a few tricks

I'm done counting cowboy out to be fair

Cerrones decline is being overstated a bit. The sports passing him for sure slowly but he just lost a close decision to Leon Edwards where he was seriously ill then prior to that destroyed Yancy. As for his loss streak short notice vs Masvidal, close fight with Lawler then Till. It could be a lot worse. Cowboy will be top 15 for a while to go yet.

Sauce:
https://www.bloodyelbow.com/2018/8/...s-with-striking-coach-brandon-gibson-mma-news

What do you guys think? My opinion is that Cerrone’s decline has less to do with coaching, and is more a function of age, crazy schedule, and damage absorbed through the years.
Would be lit asf if he could bring in Cordeiro for this camp, I think Cordeiro could tighten everything up and bring out that killer instinct that we haven't seen from him in awhile. I think this is good for cowboy, I truly do, but he's 35, he's no spring chicken anymore... I just hope he isn't shot, Cowboy's always been one of my favorites. IDEK how someone could dislike the man, he fights anyone and everyone.

no, he's never had good boxing defense.

Cowboy and good boxing go together like Diego Sanchez and good game plans.
Cerrone's been fighting for 15 years and he still can't punch straight to save his life and blocks punches with face.
Somehow, I don't see that changing before he retires.

The fake cowboy who fights every week should retire, his time is up. At this point he will only hurt himself and when he's 50 instead of pretending to be a cowboy he might think he's champ.

Lets be real his hands arent that great and he was awesome at spamming kicks but people figured him out, thats what happen to fighters that do the same thing over and over....ALDO, Big country etc.

Back