Cowboy Cerrone Splits From His Striking Coach

Well I hope he finds someone who can bring out the killer in Cowboy.

Hope they had a prenup

'Split'

Gibson doesn't wanna be associated with him after platinum knocks his head off

Bad for business

Hopefully he'll learn better striking defense from a new coach...

Still has Greg Jackson?

This is weird considering Perry recently joined JW. I could see Jackson and Wink cornering Cerrone since he is a longtime guy, but still a bit weird. I think Cerrone has been spending more time at his BMF Ranch though.

The Elephant in the room is that this card is not PPV worthy. I'm usually the guy who hates the constant complaints about watered down cards, but the Fox show this weekend was better than this PPV is.

I don't mind the main and co-main, but the rest is pretty Fight Night-ish.

Edit: LOL. I didn't even post this in the right thread. I meant to post it in this one.
http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/ufc-227-lets-address-the-elephant-in-the-room.3805435/

This is why I shouldn't do mid-day bong hits on my 6 hour break from work. lol

Last edited:
I wonder if Cerrone will just stay at the ranch and train primarily there and stay away from jacksons. Quite odd knowing how close the fighters are from Jacksons. *Cerrones Ranch is only 30 minutes from jackson*

The Elephant in the room is that this card is not PPV worthy. I'm usually the guy who hates the constant complaints about watered down cards, but the Fox show this weekend was better than this PPV is.

I don't mind the main and co-main, but the rest is pretty Fight Night-ish.

Are you lost?

Still has Greg Jackson?

This is weird considering Perry recently joined JW. I could see Jackson and Wink cornering Cerrone since he is a longtime guy, but still a bit weird. I think Cerrone has been spending more time at his BMF Ranch though.
Not 100% sure, but I thought I heard that Perry is going around trying out different gyms and won't be at JW for this fight.

His coach was seduced by Platinum Mike Perry's black belt, registered as deadly weapons hands.

Not going to lie... at this point of his career it won't matter. But maybe it will give him the mental edge to bang one more time...

That guy need a gameplan\Defense oriented coach at this point.

He still got some solid tools, been doing this for long enough now.

'Split'

Gibson doesn't wanna be associated with him after platinum knocks his head off

Bad for business
Perry couldn't knock out Felder or Griffin. Not to mention Gibson has a much longer history with Cerrone. Not sure if this is some kind of tongue and cheek response.

I would love to see Cowboy liver-kick Perry senseless and then knock that shaved eyebrow right off of his face, followed by an announcement of his happy upcoming retirement.

I doubt that he'll retire at this point, so hopefully I will have to settle for the Platinum KO.

Perry couldn't knock out Felder or Griffin. Not to mention Gibson has a much longer history with Cerrone. Not sure if this is some kind of tongue and cheek response.

Erm
Damn dude I mean fuck.. 95% of my posts are just jokes but now you made me second guess..
Griffin and Felder have pretty good Chins and one is a big boy for the weight class (max)
I don't think him knocking cowboy out is out of the realm of possibility
Maybe more a tko where cowboy turtles up?

TS is probably right, but diversity can't hurt either.

It's too bad he doesn't get back with Dwayne. That could really help him out at this point in his career

~DaViD~

Back