Cowboy Cerrone Details Near Death Experience While Cave Diving in Mexico

Video or it didn’t happen. You KNOW he had a GoPro so let’s see it...

Every scuba diver knows not to go in overhead environments without overhead training. This guy is striving so hard for people to say, “oh donnyboy, you live on the edge!” that he’s gonna add himself on the list of Darwinism.

Every scuba diver knows not to go in overhead environments without overhead training. This guy is striving so hard for people to say, “oh donnyboy, you live on the edge!” that he’s gonna add himself on the list of Darwinism.

If you have less than 1000 dives you shouldn’t do cave diving. Even with that you need about 100 hours of training

If you have less than 1000 dives you shouldn’t do cave diving. Even with that you need about 100 hours of training
This isn’t entirely accurate. I’m a certified full cave diver and instructor. If you’re already open water and advanced open water diver you can get certified at an Intro to Cave level within a week.
Again, what he did was downright stupid and shouldn’t be bragging about how he “escaped death”. Some other idiots will hear his story and try to cave dive themselves without training and get themselves killled.

I know I'm a little late for this but...

tenor.gif

I like Cowboy, but I feel no sympathy for the extreme sports folks.

Don't do unnecessarily dangerous shit, and you won't have near death experiences caused by said shit.

Jumping from buildings, walking on edges of tall structures, gliding with those tiny wings, kayaking in dangerous rivers... fuuuuuck that.

You asked for danger, you get danger.

I think you've been misinformed. Cave diving is NOT an extreme sport and is not dangerous (if properly trained). There's no big adrenaline dumps or "chasing the rush". One of the biggest killers is not getting proper training. Before you enter the cave there's a big fucking sign that says so. He chose to ignore it for the sake of trying maintain his status as Joe Extreme Sports. Not only could he have killed himself but his buddy, too. Pretty stupid when you have a family to feed.

Living life is great taking risks and all that, but fuck going cave diving is all I'm saying in the end.

This isn’t entirely accurate. I’m a certified full cave diver and instructor. If you’re already open water and advanced open water diver you can get certified at an Intro to Cave level within a week.
Again, what he did was downright stupid and shouldn’t be bragging about how he “escaped death”. Some other idiots will hear his story and try to cave dive themselves without training and get themselves killled.

Cave diving is tech if you pass the skull and cross bones. I have over 100 dives with lots of cents including master. I badly want to take Tec 40 CCR but instructor thinks I need more experience. I’m planning to get side mount CCR so I can do cave diving.

Cowboy is an adrenaline junkie who is actually addicted to do dangerous activities. I’m a fan of his, but cave diving is one is the most most dangerous activities you can do.

I think you've been misinformed. Cave diving is NOT an extreme sport and is not dangerous (if properly trained). There's no big adrenaline dumps or "chasing the rush". One of the biggest killers is not getting proper training. Before you enter the cave there's a big fucking sign that says so. He chose to ignore it for the sake of trying maintain his status as Joe Extreme Sports. Not only could he have killed himself but his buddy, too. Pretty stupid when you have a family to feed.

Many highly experienced and trained cave divers die. There are caves that are very dangerous. But what you are saying is true. People say the same thing about me going shark diving. It is safe. Sometimes a shark might get confused and attack. But I have enough experience and training that driving to work is more risky.

Leaving your house is risky. If you want to sit at home and be boring good luck with that. When you are 80 you will regret it. Nothing beats seeing a shark up close

Glad he didn't win the stupid prize on this one.

Rides life like a mad bull. Donald fucking Cerrone

Don't do unnecessarily dangerous shit, and you won't have near death experiences caused by said shit.

Jumping from buildings, walking on edges of tall structures, gliding with those tiny wings, kayaking in dangerous rivers... fuuuuuck that.

Honest question:

What are your thoughts on scuba diving?

There are some places humans weren't meant to go.

I hear you, but MMA is about the most extreme sport.

I hear you, but MMA is about the most extreme sport.

No it's not. It's a dangerous sport, but chances for instant death are really really low.

I'm talking about shit like base jumping, climbing without equipment, creeking, even bull fighting :D

Honest question:

What are your thoughts on scuba diving?

I have no idea to be honest. I don't really know much about scuba diving and what it means. Is it diving in normal areas or ones that have skull and bones signs in front of the cave ?

I hear you, training and experience is everything. But in these sports even the best of the best die.

Again, I'm not here to tell anyone what to do, Cowboy is an adventurous cat and he likes to risk his life. He's a lot braver than me. A LOT.

My point was, when something happens to these types of people, I am not surprised... motherfuckers :)

<Dylan>

You wanna squeeze through tight, dark, dirty places filled with water?

Back