Cowboy broke Perry's arm

It's a stupid thing to say, but doesn't bother me that much. Nor should Ray care.

Bud, fighters have been talking trash since the beginning of combat sports. Scratch that, athletes in all kinds of sports talk trash. It is and always be part of competition. Not every single competitor talks trash, but there will always be competitors who will use it and so you will always have to be able to deal with it in some way if you want to compete.

You sound like "talking trash" allows you to say anything you want.
This is incorrect. And most of those who DO talk trash know it.
It's not "blabber whatever you want".

And Ray...I don't know if he cares, but to say something like this about a fighter, who probably missed the fight due to family conditions, is absolutely below the belt.
And since Perry would never fight Ray, it's not even a "trash talking"...it's just running a very dirty mouth

Also, you know Cowboy talked mad shit about his former camp and what is now Perry's camp on JRE, right?

Examples of "mad shit" pls

It's a stupid thing to say, but doesn't bother me that much. Nor should Ray care.

Bud, fighters have been talking trash since the beginning of combat sports. Scratch that, athletes in all kinds of sports talk trash. It is and always will be part of competition. Not every single competitor talks trash, but there will always be competitors who will use it and so you will always have to be able to deal with it in some way if you want to compete.

Also, you know Cowboy talked mad shit about his former camp and what is now Perry's camp on JRE, right?
I kinda agree. But most fighters that talk that much shit are actually skilled. Mike Perry fucking sucks and shouldn’t be shit talking anyone imo.

You sound like "talking trash" allows you to say anything you want.
This is incorrect. And most of those who DO talk trash know it.
It's not "blabber whatever you want".

And Ray...I don't know if he cares, but to say something like this about a fighter, who probably missed the fight due to family conditions, is absolutely below the belt.
And since Perry would never fight Ray, it's not even a "trash talking"...it's just running a very dirty mouth

Examples of "mad shit" pls

No freedom of speech allows you to say anything you want.
Do things cross the line? Sure. Should you get mad over it? Nah. That's exactly what your opponent is trying to accomplish. Also, they are just words. They only hurt if you let them. It's not like someone you love is saying them. So why would you care some dude you don't care for is trying to insult you?

I don't know if all he said during the podcast is in this. But most should be in here, I think.

I kinda agree. But most fighters that talk that much shit are actually skilled. Mike Perry fucking sucks and shouldn’t be shit talking anyone imo.

Why should only skilled fighters talk trash? If Perry doesn't like the aftermath of him losing when he talked a lot of trash, he will learn and adjust. If he doesn't care about the aftermath, then he'll just keep talking trash. Either way, it doesn't bother me.

@2:05

He said he felt it pop on the way down and strted tearing it like a chicken wing! Was some bad blood for sure. I don't think he meant to break it. It was just the way he grabbed it mid slam all upside and awkwardly. probably would have broken anyone's arm. Either way, Perry tried to fight through it a bit and eventually tapped so. It happens. Their madmen these fighters.

sure was a wild end to a fight though.

No freedom of speech allows you to say anything you want.
Do things cross the line? Sure. Should you get mad over it? Nah. That's exactly what your opponent is trying to accomplish. Also, they are just words. They only hurt if you let them. It's not like someone you love is saying them. So why would you care some dude you don't care for is trying to insult you?

I see that people still struggle to understand the "freedom of speech" concept.
While freedom of speech grants you, theoretically, do say whatever you want, you will also face the consequences of certain things you say.
Hate speech is another concept you should look for, for example. Explicit language.
Even here, in this forum - freedom of speech, but people still get dubs and get banned. Do you see the point?

Let me be clear: I do accept that trash talk is a part of our sport.
But since they say what they say, even though that is "all business" as Conor said after getting beaten - they should face ALL the consequences of what they say, just like they mean it from the very start.
And yes, I will look on them differently. And no, it's not "necessary" to talk trash. It's Mike Perry's personal choice because of who he is. And he gets what he deserves for that, and by that I mean karma.

I don't know if all he said during the podcast is in this. But most should be in here, I think.

I need cliffs pls. I cannot listen for it for more than a minute

Perry looked humble in the aftermath. Dude's a tough SOB.
Glad Cowboy got the W and I really hope he manages to go on one last run.

I see that people still struggle to understand the "freedom of speech" concept.
While freedom of speech grants you, theoretically, do say whatever you want, you will also face the consequences of certain things you say.
Hate speech is another concept you should look for, for example. Explicit language.
Even here, in this forum - freedom of speech, but people still get dubs and get banned. Do you see the point?

Did I say there were no consequences? I see you have trouble understanding what I said and you just want to argue every single point.
Did Perry use hate speech? Did Perry post anything against the rules on this forum? So are those relevant to this discussion?

Let me be clear: I do accept that trash talk is a part of our sport.
But since they say what they say, even though that is "all business" as Conor said after getting beaten - they should face ALL the consequences of what they say, just like they mean it from the very start.
And yes, I will look on them differently. And no, it's not "necessary" to talk trash. It's Mike Perry's personal choice because of who he is. And he gets what he deserves for that, and by that I mean karma.

Uhm, in most cases they talk trash to the guys they are about to face. So they actually signed a contract to face the consequences.

Bud, look on them however you want. You only have yourself with it if they annoy you.

Sorry, I can't be fucked.

J
https://www.bjpenn.com/mma-news/ufc...thdrawing-from-ufc-denver-because-hes-scared/

As of what he said about Cerrone, I don't find anything specific now but I do remember that some stuff he said about him changing camps was really something he should've kept in private.
Talk trash about him as a fighter, but don't enter his dirty laundry

No, this is NOT how it works. This is how it works in WWE.
This is not a street fight. It's a sport.
It's not Cerrone breaking his arm on purpose. But it is indeed a karma

What sports are you talking about? Trash talk has always been a part of sports. The good thing about combat sports is they can actually settle it in a fight and hopefully after the dust settles everything is squashed.

Damn, that sucks.

He should have tapped sooner, Cerrone was hyper-extending it for a good few seconds.
He didnt help himself with that slam, that arm was gone

Did Perry use hate speech? Did Perry post anything against the rules on this forum? So are those relevant to this discussion?

These examples were to show you that "freedom of speech" is not as monolith as you imagine.
It doesn't mean that these examples are applicable to Mike Perry.

In Perry's case, what he said was morally incorrect. In other words, what he said described him as a retarded D-Bag. And the reaction to retarded D-Bag is supposed to be adequate.

Uhm, in most cases they talk trash to the guys they are about to face. So they actually signed a contract to face the consequences.

Again - stop with the childish view that a full contact sport is the same as two people fighting on a street.
The fight itself IS NOT a consequence to what they say to each other. Don't act like a WWE fan

Bud, look on them however you want. You only have yourself with it if they annoy you.

Annoys me? Well - idiots, D-Bags annoy me. No matter where I see them - on the TV , on the street.

Remember - all I said in the ogirinal post, that Perry pretty much got what he deserved (if you can understand it).
If they act in a certain way, it's exactly the way they're going to be seen. That's it

The good thing about combat sports is they can actually settle it in a fight and hopefully after the dust settles everything is squashed.

Another child that believes that a sanctioned full contact sport encounter is something that "settles the trash talk".
Please switch to WWE. Adult world is not for you yet

These examples were to show you that "freedom of speech" is not as monolith as you imagine.
It doesn't mean that these examples are applicable to Mike Perry.

In Perry's case, what he said was morally incorrect. In other words, what he said described him as a retarded D-Bag. And the reaction to retarded D-Bag is supposed to be adequate.

Again - stop with the childish view that a full contact sport is the same as two people fighting on a street.
The fight itself IS NOT a consequence to what they say to each other. Don't act like a WWE fan

Annoys me? Well - idiots, D-Bags annoy me. No matter where I see them - on the TV , on the street.

Remember - all I said in the ogirinal post, that Perry pretty much got what he deserved (if you can understand it).
If they act in a certain way, it's exactly the way they're going to be seen. That's it

I never said or implied it was monolith. You assuming what I imagine is a logical fallacy.

Lol, it's people fighting for money and fame of being "the baddest man". You can call it a sport, but to pretend it's above base emotions is just willfully ignorant.

Yes, he got what he deserved by the street rules you look so down on. Not sure why you have a problem putting it in those terms.

I never said or implied it was monolith. You assuming what I imagine is a logical fallacy.

In this case, you shouldn't have even used "freedom of speech" in the first place, because, as I mentioned, it's meaningless in this case.

Lol, it's people fighting for money and fame of being "the baddest man". You can call it a sport, but to pretend it's above base emotions is just willfully ignorant.

Nothing is above base emotions, still we're talking about adults here. Adults that their careers depend on it.
Believe it or not, but grown up men on their job rather do put emotions aside than don't.

Yes, he got what he deserved by the street rules you look so down on. Not sure why you have a problem putting it in those terms.

Because it's simply incorrect.

I tried to cliff it as best I could, but Cerrone said quite a lot.

-Cerrone wanted to go back to 155.

-Perry's opponent gets injured, wants to fight Cerrone, and the UFC asks Cerrone to fill in.

-Cerrone calls Perry about filling in as a courtesy since they're now teammates.

-Cerrone ended up not getting the fight and he thought that was the end of it; he wanted to go back to 155.

-Cerrone says he has nothing against Perry.

-Cerrone thought that it wasn't right for Perry to call him out, seeing as he'd only been with JacksonWink for a couple of months, and that it wouldn't be right for Perry to have this particular training camp with JacksonWink due to how much inside info the camp has on Cerrone.

-Wink thought that Cerrone was the one who called out Perry (lie) and implied that he'd clear things up.

-Wink called Cerrone the next day and said if he doesn't have Perry then he doesn't get paid, and since Cerrone only pays Jackson then they're going to choose Perry over him.

-Wink said that Cerrone wasn't welcome in the gym and that the team had a meeting over it (lie).

-Cerrone says Wink is disloyal, and that his taking over the gym has turned it into a puppy mill; he laments over what the gym has become given that he knew what it used to be (with Rashad, GSP, etc.).

-Cerrone says the disloyalty is his biggest issue given that he's been there for over 10 years and stuck around even after all the "big pros left" following the merger with Wink.

-Cerrone says that back when Jackson owned it, not just anyone could turn up to a "pro class", and now any "bum off the street" can spar/roll around with Holly for just $25 (day rate).

-Cerrone responds to Wink's criticism that he doesn't show up at the gym anymore, and that it's due to Wink letting anyone in off the street into pro classes, which turn into fights (instead of being just sparring).

-Cerrone says when it came time to choose, Greg didn't stand up for him, but offered to go to Cerrone's ranch, in spite of Perry being trained at JacksonWink to fight against Cerrone.

-Cerrone says that he doesn't train with Wink because it's a cookie cutter style that isn't personalized for anyone.

-Cerrone says that if you're a coach, you can coach a class, regardless of your experience or how new you are to the gym.

-Cerrone says the main wrestling coach of JacksonWink is a receptionist to their upstairs chiropractor, with the credentials of a junior assistant coach at a college and got fired for selling the kids steroids; Cerrone also said that this coach just watches videos on YouTube and tries to teach things that don't work, and that they don't drill anymore, they just go live, and he questions why they're surprised when fighters get hurt.

I tried to cliff it as best I could, but Cerrone said quite a lot.

-Cerrone wanted to go back to 155.

-Perry's opponent gets injured, wants to fight Cerrone, and the UFC asks Cerrone to fill in.

-Cerrone calls Perry about filling in as a courtesy since they're now teammates.

-Cerrone ended up not getting the fight and he thought that was the end of it; he wanted to go back to 155.

-Cerrone says he has nothing against Perry.

-Cerrone thought that it wasn't right for Perry to call him out, seeing as he'd only been with JacksonWink for a couple of months, and that it wouldn't be right for Perry to have this particular training camp with JacksonWink due to how much inside info the camp has on Cerrone.

-Wink thought that Cerrone was the one who called out Perry (lie) and implied that he'd clear things up.

-Wink called Cerrone the next day and said if he doesn't have Perry then he doesn't get paid, and since Cerrone only pays Jackson then they're going to choose Perry over him.

-Wink said that Cerrone wasn't welcome in the gym and that the team had a meeting over it (lie).

-Cerrone says Wink is disloyal, and that his taking over the gym has turned it into a puppy mill; he laments over what the gym has become given that he knew what it used to be (with Rashad, GSP, etc.).

-Cerrone says the disloyalty is his biggest issue given that he's been there for over 10 years and stuck around even after all the "big pros left" following the merger with Wink.

-Cerrone says that back when Jackson owned it, not just anyone could turn up to a "pro class", and now any "bum off the street" can spar/roll around with Holly for just $25 (day rate).

-Cerrone responds to Wink's criticism that he doesn't show up at the gym anymore, and that it's due to Wink letting anyone in off the street into pro classes, which turn into fights (instead of being just sparring).

-Cerrone says when it came time to choose, Greg didn't stand up for him, but offered to go to Cerrone's ranch, in spite of Perry being trained at JacksonWink to fight against Cerrone.

-Cerrone says that he doesn't train with Wink because it's a cookie cutter style that isn't personalized for anyone.

-Cerrone says that if you're a coach, you can coach a class, regardless of your experience or how new you are to the gym.

-Cerrone says the main wrestling coach of JacksonWink is a receptionist to their upstairs chiropractor, with the credentials as a junior assistant coach at a college and got fired for selling the kids steroids; Cerrone also said that this coach just watches videos on YouTube and tries to teach things that don't work, and that they don't drill anymore, they just go live, and he questions why they're surprised when fighters get hurt.

Thank you very much.
Didn't find some trash talk @Dr Hannibal Lecter was talking about...

Back