Television COWBOY BEBOP Live-Action Series - 12/9 Update: Canceled by Netflix

Only saw one episode. It was pretty bad.

<WellThere>

Have bit more faith in One Piece live action as Oda seems involved and ready to stop netflix from do stupid netflix shit, plus big budget

Thought it was ok, nothing great.

"FEEEEEEAAAARRRLLLEEEESSSS!!!"

Good riddance.

Haven't watched it and never will. Glad its been canceled, knew it was garbage when I saw the bad casting

I couldn’t get through the first episode. This just isn’t my thing. I have never liked anime. And apparently my not liking it has more to do with how anime is written than it does it being either a cartoon or live action.

“According to Netflix’s Top 10 site, the series has racked up almost 74 million viewing hours worldwide since its debut – so it got plenty of sampling out of the gate – but it plummeted 59 percent for the week of Nov. 29-Dec. 5.”

“Insiders pointed out Netflix’s renewal rate for scripted series that have two or more seasons stands at 60 percent, in line with industry averages, and, like all Netflix renewal verdicts, the decision was made by balancing the show’s viewership and cost.”

I gave it a C- when it came out, mostly based on the first few episodes. The series ended on…shit. Sticking with my C- grade, and wasn’t looking forward to another season. I wonder what they were planning for Julia lol.

This was bad.

But, sometimes if you try, you fail. Better than not trying at all, I suppose.

remember when they turned light into a lil bitch in the death note movie? netflix needs to stop making villians into a bunch of bitches

It looked bad, but I had planned on giving it a shot later this month when I got some downtime.
No point now if it's cancelled.

Ed was fucking terrible.

Granted I only watched the first episode. It seemed like they wanted to make a good show, and the environment was there, but the characters for the most part were awful.

John Cho as Spike was the best thing about it. He did a good job with what he was given. Hell, I liked Jet too but everyone else sucked ass. Faye was annoying. Vicious looked dumb as shit.

...and then I skipped to Ed's reveal.

Again, Ed was fucking terrible.

I forgot about Ed. I feel bad for that actor, but then again this is probably good for them. Just one bad scene that got panned by everyone. (I didn’t think it was that bad, considering how annoying Ed was.)

Almost all live action adaptations suuuuck. Hell even animated adaptions of graphic novels/comic books suck, for the most part. Just leave the original material be.

Better than not trying at all, I suppose.

This is always my position.

The only time I think it's bad to try is if you're terrible, and your effort prevents someone better from trying.

Back