Rumored Covington taking a run at Poirier is a calculated move

Is Covington plotting a move to LW should he lose to Usman

• Total voters

Benoitthegr8

Filthy Pensioner
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I’m interpreting this as a set up or back door plan in case he gets tooled by Usman again. Let’s face it, if he takes the L, he’d be in Welterweight limbo almost in a WB/Woodley territory. Realistically he could likely make the cut to 155, LW is a striker heavy division which stylistically bodes well for Colby, and most importantly the story line to fight Dustin would be there. In theory he’d basically waltz into the LW Division, possibly into a title fight, worst case scenario, positioning himself to fight for the LW belt afterwards, presuming he wins.

I hate to admit it, but I enjoy Colby and his low brow schtik that’s so atrocious it’s to the point of being comical, the world needs bad guys. This move appears as Covington castling his chess pieces, he’s creating an escape route and simultaneously putting a way ahead plan in place. Translation, Chaos himself is skeptical of his odds to beat Marty 2.0 from Nebraska, this is a bad look for his confidence going forward. That glorious Masvidal KO has Covington orchestrating 4D moves that would suggest a case of shookmanship of the highest order.
JPEG image.jpeg

Poirier might end up moving to WW and we get this fight anyway. I don't think Colby is going to try his hand at 155 but then again he's going to have to beat Usman twice in a trilogy.

He claims he barely cuts weight as a welter, so yeah, I'm confident he has LW as a plan B if he loses to Kamaru.

on the right, a LW who walks around north of 190, on the left, a WW who barely cuts any weight

a45844ce-be95-11ea-b64b-070a892763db_image_hires_161802.jpg

believable?

No idea what's in another man's head.

But... Colby would probably dominate that division.
He's only 5'9 but has a fairly big frame...
Weird, he kinda seems, taller... like, I woulda guessed about 5'11

they should make 165, 175 div and colvy will be the champ at least once at 165
I honestly don’t understand why Uncle Dana has such an unwillingness and almost disgust with the idea of a 175/165 divisions. I mean 155 is a loaded meat grinder with guys that walk between 190-200, the top 10 is a log jam and most top 10 ranked guys seemingly refuse to fight up the rankings. Then you end up get guys staying active that have to go on ridiculous win streaks just to move up, runs that would easily translate to a TS in other divisions, . The Welterweight divisions differs but is equally as deadlocked, with the top fighter’s willing to just stay idle and not fight. Like LW certain fighters have ludicrous win streaks yet not even get the TS, all the while the champ is actually active, but fighting idiotic rematches.

I honestly don’t understand why Uncle Dana has such an unwillingness and almost disgust with the idea of a 175/165 divisions. I mean 155 is a loaded meat grinder with guys that walk between 190-200, the top 10 is a log jam and most top 10 ranked guys seemingly refuse to fight up the rankings. Then you end up get guys staying active that have to go on ridiculous win streaks just to move up, runs that would easily translate to a TS in other divisions, . The Welterweight divisions differs but is equally as deadlocked, with the top fighter’s willing to just stay idle and not fight. Like LW certain fighters have ludicrous win streaks yet not even get the TS, all the while the champ is actually active, but fighting idiotic rematches.
Usman taking two title defenses by beating Masvidal was very bright for him. Should be removed from his career when evaluating his position in goats..

I’m interpreting this as a set up or back door plan in case he gets tooled by Usman again. Let’s face it, if he takes the L, he’d be in Welterweight limbo almost in a WB/Woodley territory. Realistically he could likely make the cut to 155, LW is a striker heavy division which stylistically bodes well for Colby, and most importantly the story line to fight Dustin would be there. In theory he’d basically waltz into the LW Division, possibly into a title fight, worst case scenario, positioning himself to fight for the LW belt afterwards, presuming he wins.

I hate to admit it, but I enjoy Colby and his low brow schtik that’s so atrocious it’s to the point of being comical, the world needs bad guys. This move appears as Covington castling his chess pieces, he’s creating an escape route and simultaneously putting a way ahead plan in place. Translation, Chaos himself is skeptical of his odds to beat Marty 2.0 from Nebraska, this is a bad look for his confidence going forward. That glorious Masvidal KO has Covington orchestrating 4D moves that would suggest a case of shookmanship of the highest order.
View attachment 879818

Him and Poirer are good buddies they're just helping each other out same with Jorge they're promoting together

View attachment 879818
Could colby even make 155? I doubt it hes not a giant ww but certainly not small.

He claims he barely cuts weight as a welter, so yeah, I'm confident he has LW as a plan B if he loses to Kamaru.
Have we ever seen his weight fight night? Im assuming he walks into the cage around 182-185 and walks around about there. Usman is even bigger but I cant see colby making 155 otherwise I think he would have been moving in that direction the second khabib retired as no one at 155 right now could handle his wrestling.

Even if he beats usman, the fight is still there with Dustin, and maybe for another belt if Dustin is champ as well

No idea what's in another man's head.

But... Colby would probably dominate that division.
He's only 5'9 but has a fairly big frame...
Weird, he kinda seems, taller... like, I woulda guessed about 5'11
I don't see him beating Charles or Islam even Chandler and Gaethje are tough fights, he's not that good we saw him barely 48-47 RDA

maybe I just think if he was confident he could make the weight he would already be at lw.
Ya maybe. He's probably just talking about Dustin to get some attention since Dustin has a spotlight on him since the Mcgregor fight.

Back