International Covid-19: Several European countries suspend AstraZeneca vaccinations over blood clot fears

GoldenWolf87

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
Breaking News on Coivd Vaccines! While 8 European Nations has suspended the vaccinations over blood clot fears the investigation is still ongoing.

Canada meanwhile has approved the vaccine and has not stopped the vaccine. In some areas of Canada they are telling people to get vaccinated.

The reactions to the AstraZeneca has spooked enough to make the govs halt the vaccinations. Yet the French and EU regulators dont want to halt the vaccinations. Probably they haven't seen the data. Austria also halted the use after one of the nurses died.

Covid-19: Several European countries suspend AstraZeneca vaccinations over blood clot fears

Austria earlier announced it had suspended the use of a batch of AstraZeneca vaccines after a 49-year-old nurse died of "severe blood coagulation problems" days after receiving an anti-Covid shot.

Other countries, including France, have said they will continue to administer the vaccine, citing the EU drug regulator's ruling that the AstraZeneca jab was still safe to use.
Based on what data do they have that the vaccine is safe to when such things are happening? i wonder how many more cases like these would happen before the vaccines and other covid vaccines start being questioned for their safety?

I heard that on the radio four hours ago here in Montreal.

It happened to three people spread across three different countries, out of millions of doses.

Based on what data do they have that the vaccine is safe to when such things are happening? i wonder how many more cases like these would happen before the vaccines and other covid vaccines start being questioned for their safety?

Did you forget to log into a sock puppet before posting this?

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03...trazeneca-rollout-due-to-blood-clots/13241462

European authorities pausing the rollout of the AstraZeneca vaccine after a small number of people developed blood clots is an "overreaction", according to one leading Australian scientist.

"You can't ignore these events, but I think it's an overreaction," Peter Collignon, an infectious diseases expert from ANU, said.

He said generally there were around 100 cases per 100,000 of blood clots in the general population and that the rate of blood clots from people who had received the AstraZeneca vaccine did not appear to be higher than that.

Professor Collignon said in any mass vaccination program, some people were going to have health issues that were not necessarily a consequence of receiving the vaccine.

"So we are going to see everything from heart attacks, to strokes, to pulmonary embolism, and we need to keep an eye on it but generally, this doesn't seem to be above what you would expect given that millions of doses have been given out," he said.

Professor Collignon said there was no evidence of increased blood clots in the phase 3 trials of the AstraZeneca vaccine.

TS is afraid of needles. He's obsessed with this topic

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-03...trazeneca-rollout-due-to-blood-clots/13241462

European authorities pausing the rollout of the AstraZeneca vaccine after a small number of people developed blood clots is an "overreaction", according to one leading Australian scientist.

"You can't ignore these events, but I think it's an overreaction," Peter Collignon, an infectious diseases expert from ANU, said.

He said generally there were around 100 cases per 100,000 of blood clots in the general population and that the rate of blood clots from people who had received the AstraZeneca vaccine did not appear to be higher than that.

Professor Collignon said in any mass vaccination program, some people were going to have health issues that were not necessarily a consequence of receiving the vaccine.

"So we are going to see everything from heart attacks, to strokes, to pulmonary embolism, and we need to keep an eye on it but generally, this doesn't seem to be above what you would expect given that millions of doses have been given out," he said.

Professor Collignon said there was no evidence of increased blood clots in the phase 3 trials of the AstraZeneca vaccine.
Probably an overreaction. Yes, a low number. Probably best to not give this to anyone with preexisting conditions like heart disease or high blood pressure. I will def turn this vaccine down. But for the healtly and young it should be a good option.

Probably an overreaction. Yes, a low number. Probably best to not give this to anyone with preexisting conditions like heart disease or high blood pressure. I will def turn this vaccine down. But for the healtly and young it should be a good option.

Herein lies the problem, though. It's those people we're in lockdown for. The vulnerable. So if they can't get jabbed, we never leave lockdown because "think of the vulnerable".

On topic, this will blow over quickly, it's a small number of people in a huge amount of people that have been jabbed.

Herein lies the problem, though. It's those people we're in lockdown for. The vulnerable. So if they can't get jabbed, we never leave lockdown because "think of the vulnerable".

On topic, this will blow over quickly, it's a small number of people in a huge amount of people that have been jabbed.

Touch em with jabbsss

They are taking away our Jabbes!

Anyway I think it should be clearly established if those blood clots are really directly caused by the vaccine and what are patient conditions tjat could trigger it.

It may be a rare but I just cant take that lottery

Big tech and government putting in work.. this is the biggest trending thing on twitter and i see it all over...

Obey you sheep

I agree it’s a small amount and will be ignored soon.t

the vulnerable should have been locked down or given specific times to do things like shop the whole shotgun approach to this pandemic has been so hamfisted and dumb

I agree it’s a small amount and will be ignored soon.t

the vulnerable should have been locked down or given specific times to do things like shop the whole shotgun approach to this pandemic has been so hamfisted and dumb

Fucking over thousands to save hundreds. It's ridiclous. At the beginning of the pandemic, in the UK, supermarkets were doing the first 2-3 hours as OAP's only and then everyone else after that. Not sure why they stopped doing that.

Fucking over thousands to save hundreds. It's ridiclous. At the beginning of the pandemic, in the UK, supermarkets were doing the first 2-3 hours as OAP's only and then everyone else after that. Not sure why they stopped doing that.
Yeah that doesn’t make sense. They were doing that for stores and what not and then they stopped. Guess the rules for thee only works if you’re really screwing over everyone as hard as possible

"The EMA’s safety committee is reviewing the issue but said that there was currently no indication that vaccination has caused these conditions, which are not listed as side effects. It said that the information available so far showed that the number of thromboembolic events in vaccinated people was no higher than that seen in the general population.

Phil Bryan, vaccines safety lead for the UK’s Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency, said, “More than 11 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine have now been administered across the UK. Reports of blood clots received so far are not greater than the number that would have occurred naturally in the vaccinated population.” He added that the agency was keeping the issue under close review but that available evidence did not confirm that the vaccine was the cause.

Disease related clotting
Commenting on the decisions, Stephen Evans, professor of pharmacoepidemiology at the London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine, said, “The problem with spontaneous reports of suspected adverse reactions to a vaccine [is] the enormous difficulty of distinguishing a causal effect from a coincidence.” He highlighted that covid-19 disease was very strongly associated with blood clotting and that there had been hundreds, if not many thousands, of deaths caused by blood clotting as a result of covid-19."

Covid-19: European countries suspend use of Oxford-AstraZeneca vaccine after reports of blood clots

Big tech and government putting in work.. this is the biggest trending thing on twitter and i see it all over...

Obey you sheep

3 people out of hundreds of thousands isn't a pattern though and that few people could genuinely have had issues with blood clots whether they got the vaccine or not.

Back