International Covid-19 Breaking News v20: U.S. sees spike in cases after protest / increased testing

A study into the effect of the protests looked at 315 cities across the US between May 15 and June 20, and using 'Safegraph' (an anonymised population movement dataset of 45m smartphone devices), found that social distancing increased in the overall population of the counties that had cities with large protests, in comparison to control counties that did not (contrary to the general decline in distancing). More people were staying at home in those counties during the protests, and until about a week after when the social distancing started to decline. The significance of this -they contend, is that the decrease in social distancing by the protesters is more than offset by the overall increase in social distancing by the wider population choosing to stay at home and avoid public places during the protests.

Furthermore, they found no significant divergence in covid case growth between protest and non-protest cities for the 3+ weeks following the onset of the protests (they were almost the same prior), concluding that whilst possible that there was covid spread amongst the protesters, this had little effect on the entire population in the protest counties for the sample period.

Last edited:
Imagine being so dumb you go out to protest in the thousands during a deadly pandemic while criticizing the 10 people protesting stay at home orders. Then when the George Floyd protests are over you go back to criticizing the SAH protests like nothing happened.

Oh gee, I wonder why some states saw a spike in COVID cases. It must've been the 5 people protesting because they couldn't work.
actually, its Trump’s poor leadership that caused the spike.
If it werent for him, there wouldnt even be Covid.

Who gives a fuck. End this stupid shit already, open everything up. If its this widespread, it's going to be impossible to contain anyway, all of these idiotic politicians are just fucking everything else up with these draconian and illegal lockdowns.

Get ready for another spike after the weekend because you know Merica loves fireworks and freedoms

Yeah... That's pretty inexcusable. He can't be held completely responsible for its spread, but a president should respond faster to protect his people.
No one had an inkling of the full extent of C-19's potency (or lack thereof) - an overreaction would have been a better sign than a lazy one.
There was a reaction. Pretty sure we were locked down for months. SO you think a single human can stop a virus? I bet you dont even blame China do you? Its all Trumps fault?

Who gives a fuck. End this stupid shit already, open everything up. If its this widespread, it's going to be impossible to contain anyway, all of these idiotic politicians are just fucking everything else up with these draconian and illegal lockdowns.
If you get it, you get it. Just get this shit over with ffs. Take a bath in the shit.

So why are cases in Arizona and Texas out of control ?

It's almost like it has little or nothing to do with the protests ...

I don't really think you guys can make the case that Trump handled Coronavirus well. Other than the China travel ban, what was his early (February - mid-March) response?
February to mid-March was when all the Democrats were telling everyone to go out and enjoy the nightlife and Asian neighborhoods and don't e racist like that terrible Donald Trump. Trump was screwed no matter with this situation. Had he acted earlier he would have had the Democrats yelling about how it proved Trump was a racist and because he did not act sooner everyone is still pissed and calling him terrible because he acted so late in the game.

There was a reaction. Pretty sure we were locked down for months. SO you think a single human can stop a virus? I bet you dont even blame China do you? Its all Trumps fault?
To be crystal clear though, that was the work of governors, not Trump and in fact, it was done in spite of Trump's protests.

just some "lighthearted" reading on how medical personnel are dealing with covid around the nation..

i just finished seeing a couple patients in FL at different hospital systems.. sounds like they are about get inundated very quickly with covid patients..

my buddy's ICU in L.A. is exploding and they have noticed patients becoming covid positive while in the hospital

i'm also getting bombed with emails and texts to see if i wanna work in AZ, FL, NC, TX or CA and see COVID patients..

Get ready for another spike after the weekend because you know Merica loves fireworks and freedoms
and Freedom Dogs!!
tenor.gif

Shut the fuck up and stop being retarded.
My president responded a shitload quicker than Trump. Dithering wasn't a requirement. And, whether or not a single human could have stopped the virus, it is a president's responsibility to do what he can to protect his people.
And if I were American, I'd probably be voting for Trump, you cock-wobble. Criticism is not condemnation.

February to mid-March was when all the Democrats were telling everyone to go out and enjoy the nightlife and Asian neighborhoods and don't e racist like that terrible Donald Trump. Trump was screwed no matter with this situation. Had he acted earlier he would have had the Democrats yelling about how it proved Trump was a racist and because he did not act sooner everyone is still pissed and calling him terrible because he acted so late in the game.

Not for a second would I try to claim the dems did a good job. I think Cuomo's response was one of Planet Earth's worst. He actively condemned his fellow Americans to death. And the democrats definitely played up the politicisation of C-19 - characters like De Blasio, Cuomo and Pelosi have, quite frankly, behaved like subhuman scum. They are the misty shit in the toilet water that is humanity - but that does not change the fact that Trump should have responded better.

And Biden's 'xenophobic' criticism of the travel ban was, obviously, retarded.
But would you really expect any better from him, given the circumstances?

Last edited:
Back