International Covid-19 Breaking News v20: U.S. sees spike in cases after protest / increased testing

Look man, I know you’re a kook but if you go back a few versions of this thread you’ll see @Wadtucket and @SBJJ up in them acting hard saying they were doing things against protocol and then suddenly... nothing and neither were banned. Ask Herman Caine how fast life can sneak up on you. Just hold out another half year or so and we’ll be in the clear. Vent on here if you need to but stay safe irl.
You're mentally ill man, I'm literally going to Sweden on Saturday

Land of the Free

the level of threat/seriousness and the totalitarian response to it

With all due respect, what do you know of the seriousness of Covid-19? This is a new pathogen whose closest genetic relatives had a fatality rate in excess of 30%. And while Covid-19 may not have a CFR that high, it has proven to be vastly more contagious. Pandemic response isn't (or at least shouldn't be) a reactive process, but rather a proactive one (which we've learned the hard way).

In case there are any more "but the Flu" bros out there, this is obviously a far deadlier threat than the seasonal Flu, and should be treated far more seriously. It's killed well in excess of 600,000 people in just a few months, sickened millions more, and is not even remotely done.

I'm sure others have made note of the fact that similar measures were taken in 1918 during that pandemic, and in case you haven't noticed, the US wasn't plunged into two hundred years of Totalitarianism after the fact.

as history has continually shown, the powers that be want more power, more control over the general human population...who are these powers? i don't know exactly...for one, probably the super wealthy business owners on the top of the social human hierarchy who control the rhetoric of the media..."the elite"

You're speculating that "super wealthy business owners" or "the elite" are behind this utterly worldwide propaganda campaign about this pandemic.

Without proof, this is a conspiracy theory, whether you'd like to admit it or not.

Yes, it does.

"the government" is ultimately the people. there is the law, and the law of the land.

if mob rule/social justice is not curtailed by "the government," then they are one and the same

Not only is this not true, but you're actually arguing against your own point. If the government stepped in to curb the freedom of expression of "the mob" that you refer to, that would actually be a violation of their First Amendment rights.

If you say something and someone, or a group of people, disagree and shout you down, that's not a violation of anybody's freedom of speech. If you post something on Twitter or Sherdog, and those organizations delete your post, that is not a violation of anybody's freedom of speech. If you work for CNN and you say something and they fire you, that is not a violation of anybody's freedom of speech. If you earn your living on YouTube and you post a video of you saying something and YouTube takes your video down and bans you from their platform, that is not a violation of your freedom of speech.

a larger hive-mind that is easier to control...a larger population of "useful idiots" so to speak...a larger workforce

A conspiracy theory again.

i think ordering things online and having uber eats deliver a hot fudge sunday from my mcdonalds one block down does contribute to the economy

To an extent, yes, the economy isn't completely shut down, but as evidenced by the recent GDP numbers, the economy has taken a massive blow over the last six months, and that does not help the "wealthy elite"

yes, exactly, they want you to live your life "the new normally"

it's simply a forced cultural revolution on a world-wide scale...changing the rules of the game

it's just the perpetual game of the thrones..."the elite" are trying to take over the world...and our technology has finally gotten enough reach to make it a viable possibility now

Again with the conspiracy theories which you provide no proof of. "The elite" are trying to take over the world? They've already taken over the world. That's why they're "the elite". They're sitting on hundreds of billions. They own the debt of the everyman. They're in the pockets of politicians. They own most of the wealth in the world's stock markets. What exactly do they stand to gain by you wearing a mask to Applebees and staying six feet away from Steve?

As I said before, they gained their wealth and their power through the exploitation of the status quo. They already won. Do you really think you going back to work, going to the bar in the evening, buying a car, going on a vacation is somehow sticking it to them? You're working for them every single day of your life. They own the banks, they own the companies that you buy your shit from, they own the car companies, the insurance companies, and they own the airlines and the cruise ships. And they are the ones getting the tax breaks and bailouts from the government. They don't need a pandemic to "take over the world" and they don't need to change the rules of the game. They're doing just fine.

@heloder

What is your take on this? Should I be stripped of my bodily autonomy and be forced to receive state sponsored injections from Bill Gates? Or is that just a bullshit conspiracy theory?

There have been several other instances of mandated vaccinations, which led to the eradication of several horrible diseases. I'm not an epidemiologist, and no one person should be determining whether or not a vaccine should be made mandatory.

There have been several other instances of mandated vaccinations, which led to the eradication of several horrible diseases. I'm not an epidemiologist, and no one person should be determining whether or not a vaccine should be made mandatory.

That's a yes. When the vaccine is available and the media starts pumping out headlines about how we'll die unless we vaccinate you'll be on board. You will support a policy that forces me to either vaccinate or be kicked out of society.

That's a yes. When the vaccine is available and the media starts pumping out headlines about how we'll die unless we vaccinate you'll be on board. You will support a policy that forces me to either vaccinate or be kicked out of society.

So do you believe that vaccines should never be mandatory?

So do you believe that vaccines should never be mandatory?

I can't see myself ever doing that. But if I did it would have to something with a significantly higher death rate than <1%. It would have to be something without such a clear agenda behind it.

I truly hope the best health for all but I kindly ask..when the vaccine does come and you and your covidiot ilk are up in arms with refusal...could you guys be as so kind to get the fuck out of populated countries so the rest of us can move on with our life, put the pandemic behind us and watch our life’s bounce back to forward motion?

Sincerely ,
the civilized world

I truly hope the best health for all but I kindly ask..when the vaccine does come and you and your covidiot ilk are up in arms with refusal...could you guys be as so kind to get the fuck out of populated countries so the rest of us can move on with our life, put the pandemic behind us and watch our life’s bounce back to forward motion?

Sincerely ,
a bunch of dumbass idiot sheeple who are about to repeat the worst periods in history all because theyre too lazy to learn it

Ftfy

Huh. Hadn't heard about this.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/v...s-march-in-berlin-anti-lockdown-protest-video

Up to 17,000 people, including libertarians and anti-vaccination activists, have marched in Berlin to protest against Germany's coronavirus regulations. Many flouted guidance on wearing masks and physical distancing as they accused the government of 'stealing our freedom'.

While Germany had initial success in containing the virus, infections are rising and its R number has risen above one.

There was lock downs and social distancing in 1918. Mask mandates as well. It all depended on where you were. Americans were actually strict with one another about wearing masks then because not doing it was seen as acting against the war effort.

<6>
you sidestepped the part about actually being able to see sick people in real life commonly...while ironically also giving credence to the concept of public health as a tool for political propaganda

With all due respect, what do you know of the seriousness of Covid-19?
i know that i've met people with the flu exponentially more often than people with the corona-cold

This is a new pathogen whose closest genetic relatives had a fatality rate in excess of 30%. And while Covid-19 may not have a CFR that high, it has proven to be vastly more contagious. Pandemic response isn't (or at least shouldn't be) a reactive process, but rather a proactive one (which we've learned the hard way).
you've sidestepped, once again, my position that the seriousness/level of threat is imagined...a tool of propaganda. you've accepted details before examining the factual nature of the larger issue at hand... you've put the cart before the horse

In case there are any more "but the Flu" bros out there, this is obviously a far deadlier threat than the seasonal Flu, and should be treated far more seriously. It's killed well in excess of 600,000 people in just a few months, sickened millions more, and is not even remotely done.
the sky is falling

I'm sure others have made note of the fact that similar measures were taken in 1918 during that pandemic, and in case you haven't noticed, the US wasn't plunged into two hundred years of Totalitarianism after the fact.
and others have pointed out that sick people could be regularly and commonly seen in everyday life during the 1918 pandemic...unlike today

You're speculating that "super wealthy business owners" or "the elite" are behind this utterly worldwide propaganda campaign about this pandemic.

Without proof, this is a conspiracy theory, whether you'd like to admit it or not.
"birds of a feather flock together"

you don't need a formal conspiracy when interests converge

Not only is this not true, but you're actually arguing against your own point. If the government stepped in to curb the freedom of expression of "the mob" that you refer to, that would actually be a violation of their First Amendment rights.
"actions speak louder than words"

is your argument that physicality and verbality are one and the same?

If you say something and someone, or a group of people, disagree and shout you down, that's not a violation of anybody's freedom of speech. If you post something on Twitter or Sherdog, and those organizations delete your post, that is not a violation of anybody's freedom of speech. If you work for CNN and you say something and they fire you, that is not a violation of anybody's freedom of speech. If you earn your living on YouTube and you post a video of you saying something and YouTube takes your video down and bans you from their platform, that is not a violation of your freedom of speech.
sure doesn't smell like freedom

"the world can be a cruel place to an honest man"

what if you discuss something taboo in a public university and lose your job or student status over it? what if you are arrested for public obscenity for saying taboo words as a stand-up comedian?

what if you lose a lawsuit for wrongful termination because your argument doesn't align with the mob's narrative?

A conspiracy theory again.
the common man will sidestep all critical thought contrary to the mob... it is probably some deeply embedded evolutionary survival mechanism... outside of collective = bad = death

To an extent, yes, the economy isn't completely shut down, but as evidenced by the recent GDP numbers, the economy has taken a massive blow over the last six months, and that does not help the "wealthy elite"
"you have to crack a few eggs to make an omelet"

"you need money to make money"

it takes the most energy to first get the ball rolling

Again with the conspiracy theories which you provide no proof of. "The elite" are trying to take over the world? They've already taken over the world. That's why they're "the elite". They're sitting on hundreds of billions. They own the debt of the everyman. They're in the pockets of politicians. They own most of the wealth in the world's stock markets. What exactly do they stand to gain by you wearing a mask to Applebees and staying six feet away from Steve?
"and nine, nine rings were gifted to the race of men, who, above all else, desire power."

more power and control obviously

more for them, less for you

As I said before, they gained their wealth and their power through the exploitation of the status quo. They already won. Do you really think you going back to work, going to the bar in the evening, buying a car, going on a vacation is somehow sticking it to them? You're working for them every single day of your life. They own the banks, they own the companies that you buy your shit from, they own the car companies, the insurance companies, and they own the airlines and the cruise ships. And they are the ones getting the tax breaks and bailouts from the government. They don't need a pandemic to "take over the world" and they don't need to change the rules of the game. They're doing just fine.
sounds like they are conspiring together

"the problem with ambition is that it implies you are not satisfied"

you can never completely win when you're the donkey chasing the carrot..."the elite"/humans want to win more...let's go to mars and win there, a neurolink in your brain for another win, alexa in your home for the two-point conversion

"knowledge is power"

Last edited:
@Big Brain not sure where you’re getting the see sick people regularly from. In what region? As I said it was a world wide issue and each region acted differently. There were quarantines, bans on large public gatherings, etc then as well.

@Big Brain not sure where you’re getting the see sick people regularly from. In what region? As I said it was a world wide issue and each region acted differently. There were quarantines, bans on large public gatherings, etc then as well.
obviously in more populated regions...the spanish flu purportedly infected a third of the world's population... bodies were actually pilin' up in the streets (ironically in spite of "social distancing" and wearing masks whose efficacy was questioned in that day as well)

Gotta love people rooting for the state and big business to consolidate every more power. Because that's what is happening.

Back