International Covid-19 Breaking News v20: U.S. sees spike in cases after protest / increased testing

i'll just throw out the obvious...right to assemble and free speech...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson_v._Massachusetts

Individual rights do not trump the health and safety of society as a whole, and there have been plenty of court cases that set precedence for that. Limiting the size of public gatherings during a pandemic, or enforcing social distancing mandates during such gatherings, is not a violation of your right to assemble. Of course having said all of that, there have been more protests during this pandemic than there have been in this country in half a century, so what are you even talking about? On top of all that, the majority of the instances of gatherings being dispersed or shut down had nothing to do with the pandemic, and were instead about law enforcement and the federal government cracking down on BLM protests, yes?

Your freedom of speech is not at risk. Being banned from Twitter has nothing to do with your freedom of speech. Having to wear a mask inside Wal-Mart has nothing to do with your freedom of speech. Those are not First Amendment issues.

...it won't be "permanent"...just a few hundred years or so of another dark age...which would be permanent for my lifetime

I'll ask you for a citation here, but of course you have none, because your statement isn't based on fact. It's actually just a theory of yours. A theory about Government conspiring to take your rights away from you.

A...conspiracy theory.

Thanks for proving my point, bud.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jacobson_v._Massachusetts

Individual rights do not trump the health and safety of society as a whole, and there have been plenty of court cases that set precedence for that. Limiting the size of public gatherings during a pandemic, or enforcing social distancing mandates during such gatherings, is not a violation of your right to assemble. Of course having said all of that, there have been more protests during this pandemic than there have been in this country in half a century, so what are you even talking about? On top of all that, the majority of the instances of gatherings being dispersed or shut down had nothing to do with the pandemic, and were instead about law enforcement and the federal government cracking down on BLM protests, yes?

Your freedom of speech is not at risk. Being banned from Twitter has nothing to do with your freedom of speech. Having to wear a mask inside Wal-Mart has nothing to do with your freedom of speech. Those are not First Amendment issues.

I'll ask you for a citation here, but of course you have none, because your statement isn't based on fact. It's actually just a theory of yours. A theory about Government conspiring to take your rights away from you.

A...conspiracy theory.

Oh shit, dershowitz posts here

I've selected the overarching points in your argument that first need to be addressed. We can go into the details after we have a common understanding of where the stasis point between our minds exists. If you feel something has been obtusely swept aside, feel free to make a point of it.

Limiting the size of public gatherings during a pandemic
"the pandemic" is propaganda...chicken little, sky is falling, mass hysteria...the usual media/government brainwashing

there have been more protests during this pandemic than there have been in this country in half a century, so what are you even talking about?
i'm talking about gatherings being illegal at this time...going over to hang with the homies can technically get me a ticket

Your freedom of speech is not at risk. Being banned from Twitter has nothing to do with your freedom of speech.
it sure feels like i can't speak my mind about taboo issues without the mob coming for me...especially recently

is your argument that governments have not taken away rights from people throughout history? would a citation be necessary to acknowledge totalitarianism? i'd say this is common knowledge

your point hasn't been proven at all

Last edited:
"the pandemic" is propaganda...chicken little, sky is falling, mass hysteria...the usual media/government brainwashing

This is a worldwide issue with information coming from everywhere, including international organizations, local and national governments, national, private, and university laboratories, all the way down to local hospitals and medical care facilities, and individual people suffering from the illness. If you're going to call it "propaganda" you're going to have to expound on that a bit. Which aspect is propaganda, why do you feel that way, who's responsible for the propaganda, and what is their motive?

i'm talking about gatherings being illegal at this time...going over to hang with the homies can technically get me a ticket

And again, individual rights do not trump the health and safety of society as a whole, and there have been plenty of court cases that set precedence for that. You may argue that whatever mandates you're referring to are an overreach, and that there's a better way to ensure public safety if you'd like. Governor Whitmer here in Michigan was lambasted for her social distancing mandates with people talking about how she was some tyrant who wanted to control the population. Of course that turned out to be a load of bullshit as well, and she relaxed measures once the infection curve had been flattened. She didn't send out the secret police to keep people in their homes while she transformed into Governor Hitler.

it sure feels like i can't speak my mind about taboo issues without the mob coming for me...especially recently

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with "the mob" not coming after you.

"Freedom of speech, also called free speech, means the free and public expression of opinions without censorship, interference and restraint by the government."

If the government starts censoring your opinions, then you can start talking about your First Amendment rights being trampled.

is your argument that governments have not taken away rights from people throughout history? would a citation be necessary to acknowledge totalitarianism? i'd say this is common knowledge

Of course that's not my argument. My argument is that you have no proof that such a thing is happening, or is going to happen in this country. I'm afraid the mere existence of totalitarianism doesn't prove your theory that our government is planning on stripping us of our First Amendment rights. You actually need some proof.

The part that I really don't understand about people who believe this is some massive government conspiracy to control people is...what's the endgame? What does the government gain from you sitting at home, not contributing to the economy? The answer is "nothing". Do you want to know what the wealthy, powerful elite of the world want from you? They want you to live your life normally. Do you know why? Because that's how they became wealthy, powerful elite to begin with. They don't struggle with the status quo—they thrive on it. They stockpile the wealth of the nation like Scrooge McDuck while the majority of the country struggles to make ends meet.

how obtuse...is it deliberate?

i'll just throw out the obvious...right to assemble and free speech...aka hang out with the homies and talk some trash...aka the right to basic human life. a basic understanding of totalitarianism throughout history would more than substantiate the claim

"nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky"...it won't be "permanent"...just a few hundred years or so of another dark age...which would be permanent for my lifetime
Is your name supposed to be ironic ?

This place can get hyperbolic but your shit is on another level

".it won't be "permanent"...just a few hundred years or so of another dark age...which would be permanent"

That's a whopper by any measure lol

Is your name supposed to be ironic ?
just a colloquial expression to express genius

This place can get hyperbolic but your shit is on another level
it may be beyond your comprehension

".it won't be "permanent"...just a few hundred years or so of another dark age...which would be permanent for my lifetime"

That's a whopper by any measure lol
not really

Last edited:
just a colloquial expression to express genius

it may be beyond your comprehension

not really
The same shit happened in 1918. Read a history book. Responses from lay people and governments largely mirrored today’s. There was no “hundred years of darkness.” Acting like fools and not following basic measures may lead to some series shit if states get overwhelmed though.

The same shit happened in 1918. Read a history book. Responses from lay people and governments largely mirrored today’s. There was no “hundred years of darkness.” Acting like fools and not following basic measures may lead to some series shit if states get overwhelmed though.

Just put your mask on and go back to sleep. You guys are lost causes.

Just wear a mask and stand six feet back and you’ll make it until the vaccine comes in early 2021. Just a little longer, friend.

I remember seeing a guy named @SBJJ post here on the reg. Then he went to get his hair did when the restrictions where lifted and three weeks later he never posted again. Don’t be like @SBJJ. Don’t go the Herman Caine route.

Feel free to make a point of anything you believe has been unfairly excluded.

This is a worldwide issue with information coming from everywhere, including international organizations, local and national governments, national, private, and university laboratories, all the way down to local hospitals and medical care facilities, and individual people suffering from the illness.
yes, a cold/the flu has always been a worldwide issue coming from everywhere, including international...

If you're going to call it "propaganda" you're going to have to expound on that a bit. Which aspect is propaganda, why do you feel that way, who's responsible for the propaganda, and what is their motive?
the level of threat/seriousness and the totalitarian response to it

as history has continually shown, the powers that be want more power, more control over the general human population...who are these powers? i don't know exactly...for one, probably the super wealthy business owners on the top of the social human hierarchy who control the rhetoric of the media..."the elite"

And again, individual rights do not trump the health and safety of society as a whole, and there have been plenty of court cases that set precedence for that. You may argue that whatever mandates you're referring to are an overreach, and that there's a better way to ensure public safety if you'd like.
yes, hence the existence of prisons. the health and safety of society as a whole can indeed outweigh individual rights. the problem of course exists in how to ultimately determine when the "health and safety of society as a whole" should outweigh individual rights...but you've already acknowledged this point regarding possible overreach, etc.

I would contend the response to the corona-cold has indeed been an elaborate overreach.

Freedom of speech has nothing to do with "the mob" not coming after you.
Yes, it does.

"Freedom of speech, also called free speech, means the free and public expression of opinions without censorship, interference and restraint by the government."

If the government starts censoring your opinions, then you can start talking about your First Amendment rights being trampled.
"the government" is ultimately the people. there is the law, and the law of the land.

if mob rule/social justice is not curtailed by "the government," then they are one and the same

Of course that's not my argument. My argument is that you have no proof that such a thing is happening, or is going to happen in this country. I'm afraid the mere existence of totalitarianism doesn't prove your theory that our government is planning on stripping us of our First Amendment rights. You actually need some proof.
"the proof is in the pudding"

i've already pointed out the current cultural milieu regarding the censorship of free speech and a lack of curtailment by "the government" is indicative of the loss of free speech

The part that I really don't understand about people who believe this is some massive government conspiracy to control people is...what's the endgame?
a larger hive-mind that is easier to control...a larger population of "useful idiots" so to speak...a larger workforce

What does the government gain from you sitting at home, not contributing to the economy? The answer is "nothing".
i think ordering things online and having uber eats deliver a hot fudge sunday from my mcdonalds one block down does contribute to the economy

Do you want to know what the wealthy, powerful elite of the world want from you? They want you to live your life normally. Do you know why? Because that's how they became wealthy, powerful elite to begin with. They don't struggle with the status quo—they thrive on it. They stockpile the wealth of the nation like Scrooge McDuck while the majority of the country struggles to make ends meet.
yes, exactly, they want you to live your life "the new normally"

it's simply a forced cultural revolution on a world-wide scale...changing the rules of the game

it's just the perpetual game of the thrones..."the elite" are trying to take over the world...and our technology has finally gotten enough reach to make it a viable possibility now

If I had the power to do so, yes. You’d be stinky like a kid getting disciplined but ultimately you’d thank me. Even if you’d never admit it to yourself.

@heloder

What is your take on this? Should I be stripped of my bodily autonomy and be forced to receive state sponsored injections from Bill Gates? Or is that just a bullshit conspiracy theory?

except you could go outside and actually see some sick people in 1918 regularly...read a history book

except you could go outside and actually see some sick people in 1918 regularly...read a history book
There was lock downs and social distancing in 1918. Mask mandates as well. It all depended on where you were. Americans were actually strict with one another about wearing masks then because not doing it was seen as acting against the war effort.

<6>

Last edited:
Look man, I know you’re a kook but if you go back a few versions of this thread you’ll see @Wadtucket and @SBJJ up in them acting hard saying they were doing things against protocol and then suddenly... nothing and neither were banned. Ask Herman Caine how fast life can sneak up on you. Just hold out another half year or so and we’ll be in the clear. Vent on here if you need to but stay safe irl.

Just wear a mask and stand six feet back and you’ll make it until the vaccine comes in early 2021. Just a little longer, friend.

I remember seeing a guy named @SBJJ post here on the reg. Then he went to get his hair did when the restrictions where lifted and three weeks later he never posted again. Don’t be like @SBJJ. Don’t go the Herman Caine route.
Fake news

Look man, I know you’re a kook but if you go back a few versions of this thread you’ll see @Wadtucket and @SBJJ up in them acting hard saying they were doing things against protocol and then suddenly... nothing and neither were banned. Ask Herman Caine how fast life can sneak up on you. Just hold out another half year or so and we’ll be in the clear. Vent on here if you need to but stay safe irl.
Oh look another return of the living dead poster...

Holy shite.

@Wadtucket and @SBJJ really sacrificed themselves for the herd immunity cause?

RIP to those brave warriors, bar hopping millennials owe them a great debt of gratitude.

Back