Violence/Genocide: Do not condone violence or genocide on a person or group of people. You are free to attack a person or groups ideas but you are crossing the line when calling for violence. This will be heavily enforced in threads with breaking news involving victims.

International Covid-19 Breaking News v20: U.S. sees spike in cases after protest / increased testing

Discussion in 'The War Room' started by PainIsLIfe, Jun 29, 2020.

1. Big Brain you poor fools

there's a small minority in the human species that isn't as easily brainwashed

2. irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

You get the results yet?

3. method115 Titanium Belt

Yea it was negative. It was a self administered test and I didn't like that. I do feel I went in far enough with the qtip but I don't know just didn't feel right. Results came back the next morning though so that was nice.

Grant Me Revenge and irish_thug like this.
  4. AnGrYcRoW I've done .... questionable things .

The irony of this post <{anton}>

Grant Me Revenge and irish_thug like this.
  5. TheComebackKid Titanium Belt

Alrighty then. Good talk.

Big Brain, all caps and 86'd like this.
  6. andnowweknow The Giant On Whose Shoulders You Stand

Some overexaggerate, some think there isn't even a virus. As far as I'm concerned, as long as you fall reasonably in the middle somewhere to the point where you acknowledge that some people get fucked sideways by COVID-19, it makes sense as precaution and respect to wear the mask indoors around other people and especially around at risk elderly people.

Wearing a mask while driving alone, or walking alone outdoors seems ridiculous.

7. ShinkanPo 神官ポー

This shit has been politicized so much from the start.

My country is no exception the groups of people who opposed the lock downs all thru out when Duterte ordered things shut are the same people hammering Duterte now to close everything again after Duterte mentioned that they still have to think and create a plan if they will shut everything down again since severe cases are rising.

8. ShinkanPo 神官ポー

I wear a mask even when alone outdoors. I still try to avoid groups of people as much as possible.

Things seems to be getting bad in our area in the next couple of weeks.

9. all caps Gold Belt

That is depressing and the opposite of nature. Never try to go up against nature.

Big Brain likes this.
  10. heloder Blue Belt

Well if you insist on arguing your case, then I am more than willing to hear you out.

Which basic rights and freedoms are you referring to, and what proof can you put forth to substantiate your claim that the aforementioned is at risk of being taken away permanently?

11. shockaholic12 Brown Belt

As someone who has been working in a bubble for a month where I get the nasal swab every 4 or 5 days, I find it somewhat hard to believe people could properly administer their own reliably. Did your eyes water a lot? Doctor told me that’s the sign they did it well.

They go SO far and then twist and twist and twist. You can hear the tip scraping in your ears and feel it in your teeth..then they swab the other nostril. Swabbing around each one for like 10 seconds. I’ve got a pretty good pain tolerance but I’m not sure I could do it well on my own.

JDragon and irish_thug like this.
  12. irish_thug Meme Mod Staff Member Senior Moderator

You still feeling off?

13. method115 Titanium Belt

exactly what my wife said about the experiences

Nope in fact the day I went to get tested I felt great. It was only the two day prior to that.

irish_thug likes this.
  14. andnowweknow The Giant On Whose Shoulders You Stand

I'm never around other people outdoors. I run a lot but in a pretty rural area.

Better safe than sorry is the proper approach to this. It is a highly transmissible virus, regardless of whether one thinks they will be fine if they get it...some won't.

There is a lot of balancing to all of this, a lot of risk vs. reward in what people do. It is not black and white at all because people are going to get on with their lives, it just comes down to doing your business as safely as possible.

15. Big Brain you poor fools

same could be said for the flu
    let's put on a hazmat suit when we go out instead...it's just a minor inconvenience...save lives

the argument simply isn't convincing

16. Big Brain you poor fools

You can’t reason a man out of a position he didn’t reason himself into.

17. AnGrYcRoW I've done .... questionable things .

Well said ( if I do say so myself ) , now if you could only come to terms with the fact it applies to you ...

18. Big Brain you poor fools

but i did reason myself into this position

let's see if your reasoning holds up to examination

19. Big Brain you poor fools

how obtuse...is it deliberate?

i'll just throw out the obvious...right to assemble and free speech...aka hang out with the homies and talk some trash...aka the right to basic human life. a basic understanding of totalitarianism throughout history would more than substantiate the claim

"nothing lasts forever but the earth and sky"...it won't be "permanent"...just a few hundred years or so of another dark age...which would be permanent for my lifetime

20. Grant Me Revenge Omega Effect Belt

It seems the death rates are coming to a head in the states. Canada is trending back up as well so don’t know one spike the football yet. In BC we got down to 1 case a day and now are back up to 50 going Into the long weekend. And I’ve seen groups of foreign tourists here so we are really getting dicked over for the sake of the tourism industry.