International Covid-19 Breaking News v20: U.S. sees spike in cases after protest / increased testing

I know the timeline of his tweets and statements, more or less.
But we were setting up facilities and mobile labs at the beginning of February, long before our president seriously addressed the nation. By the time he addressed us in mid-March, he did have a very extensive plan in place - portions of which had already been acted on.

I don't think we had a travel ban as early as you, but we started testing at airports in early February.

Other than what Trump said, what was done?

if only doctors banded together to pen a letter encouraging people to not go out and riot.

But we were setting up facilities and mobile labs at the beginning of February, long before our president seriously addressed the nation. By the time he addressed us in mid-March, he did have a very extensive plan in place - portions of which had already been acted on.

I don't think we had a travel ban as early as you, but we started testing at airports in early February.

Doesn't seem like he did much but lie about it till he saw it impacting the stock market.

I’m not entirely sure we were doing that at the beginning of February. I couldn’t find anything supporting this.

The intelligence community told him that it was likely going to spread globally and he didn't do anything to warn the American people till the middle of March. He didn't restrict travel from China or Europe till it was already spreading here.

hahaha-liar-meme.png

Btw, it was probably here before the WHO even knew about it:

SEATTLE — In a county north of Seattle, two people who came down with respiratory illnesses in December now have antibodies for the coronavirus.

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/05/15/us/coronavirus-first-case-snohomish-antibodies.html

I don't really think you guys can make the case that Trump handled Coronavirus well. Other than the China travel ban, what was his early (February - mid-March) response?
He handled it like a delinquent teen handles a test they didn’t study for. They’re just spinning it.

Florida reopened early may. Like around may 4. Clearly the spike is from having four people in line at taco bell and not from thousands of people gathering in a way that the people saying it doesn't spread just said it did and then even cite other gatherings while saying this other much larger and much longer gathering isn't the main factor
Ive seen 2 articles saying it wasnt from the protests and instead from bars.

They got their data from asking the infected where they were in the last x days and most said bars.

I thought that was some loose based shit... Every bar or restaurant ive been in Florida during this has a skeleton crew, reduced capacity, and limited bar top openings.

These threads always get too gigantic, but i want to see more info on this...

https://abcnews.go.com/Politics/int...isis-early-november-sources/story?id=70031273

Intelligence report warned of coronavirus crisis as early as November: Sources

As far back as late November, U.S. intelligence officials were warning that a contagion was sweeping through China’s Wuhan region, changing the patterns of life and business and posing a threat to the population, according to four sources briefed on the secret reporting.

Concerns about what is now known to be the novel coronavirus pandemic were detailed in a November intelligence report by the military's National Center for Medical Intelligence (NCMI), according to two officials familiar with the document’s contents.

The report was the result of analysis of wire and computer intercepts, coupled with satellite images. It raised alarms because an out-of-control disease would pose a serious threat to U.S. forces in Asia -- forces that depend on the NCMI’s work. And it paints a picture of an American government that could have ramped up mitigation and containment efforts far earlier to prepare for a crisis poised to come home.

"Analysts concluded it could be a cataclysmic event," one of the sources said of the NCMI’s report. "It was then briefed multiple times to" the Defense Intelligence Agency, the Pentagon’s Joint Staff and the White House. Wednesday night, the Pentagon issued a statement denying the "product/assessment" existed.

From that warning in November, the sources described repeated briefings through December for policy-makers and decision-makers across the federal government as well as the National Security Council at the White House. All of that culminated with a detailed explanation of the problem that appeared in the President’s Daily Brief of intelligence matters in early January, the sources said. For something to have appeared in the PDB, it would have had to go through weeks of vetting and analysis, according to people who have worked on presidential briefings in both Republican and Democratic administrations.

"The timeline of the intel side of this may be further back than we’re discussing," the source said of preliminary reports from Wuhan. "But this was definitely being briefed beginning at the end of November as something the military needed to take a posture on."

Image thing the WHO is more capable than US intelligence.

Did you read your own article complete with anonymous source? Right in the middle it says:
Wednesday night, the Pentagon issued a statement denying the "product/assessment" existed.

Every day we get people turning up shit on Trump, but no one will go on record for this? Sure...

Y’all claimed the covid spikes were from the protests the day after the protests started

I mean I get it the protests were ill advised and certainly now all protests should be cautioned against

But come on
Who claimed that? Nobody believes your Bullshit. Most people called it what it was. Fucking stupid and dangerous.

Months to prepare how ?
Because apparently China wouldn't supress data. And then the experts wouldn't say it's not contagious from human to human. And then they wouldn't say not to wear masks. Because it's easy to fucking say this now in June instead OF january

Doesn't seem like he did much but lie about it till he saw it impacting the stock market.

I’m not entirely sure we were doing that at the beginning of February. I couldn’t find anything supporting this.

Yeah... That's pretty inexcusable. He can't be held completely responsible for its spread, but a president should respond faster to protect his people.
No one had an inkling of the full extent of C-19's potency (or lack thereof) - an overreaction would have been a better sign than a lazy one.

Did you read your own article complete with anonymous source? Right in the middle it says:
Wednesday night, the Pentagon issued a statement denying the "product/assessment" existed.

Every day we get people turning up shit on Trump, but no one will go on record for this? Sure...

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...nce-briefings-on-coronavirus-twice-in-january

President Trump twice received intelligence briefings on the coronavirus in January, according to a White House official. The official tells NPR the briefings occurred on Jan. 23 and Jan. 28.

"The president was told that the coronavirus was potentially going to 'spread globally,' " the official said of the first briefing, which came two days after the first case of the virus was reported in the United States. "But the 'good news' was that it was not deadly for most people," the official said the president was told.

Five days after that initial briefing, the president was briefed again, according to the official. This time, he was told the virus "was spreading outside of China, but that deaths from the disease were happening only in China," the official said. "He was also told that China was withholding data."

The question of what Trump knew about the coronavirus, when he was aware of it and the tenor of those conversations have come under heavy scrutiny, as the administration faces criticism that it was slow to respond to early warnings about the virus. In the time since the president's January briefings, the U.S. has reported more than 1.1 million cases of the coronavirus — more than any other nation. In all, more than 66,000 Americans have died.

Fauci is also on record before congress saying that if we implemented social distancing sooner less people would have it and less people would have died..

It's not that people aren't calling him out for it, it's just that the Republicans in Congress and his supporters are doing their usual head in the sand technique.

Yeah... That's pretty inexcusable. He can't be held completely responsible for its spread, but a president should respond faster to protect his people.
No one had an inkling of the full extent of C-19's potency (or lack thereof) - an overreaction would have been a better sign than a lazy one.

It seems pretty reasonable to me that Trump knew about how serious covid19 was not just before everyone in the country, but almost everyone in the world and simply didn't act on it because it wasn't politically convenient.

Wasting your time

Fauci is also on record before congress saying that if we implemented social distancing sooner less people would have it and less people would have died..

It's not that people aren't calling him out for it, it's just that the Republicans in Congress and his supporters are doing their usual head in the sand technique.
When did fauci recommend it to trump?

I swear this is impossible to make up because no one would believe you.

On June 4, more than 1,200 public-health experts signed a letter saying the protests were “vital to the national public health and to the threatened health specifically of black people in the United States.

but the decision reflects what public-health experts have always tried to do: maximize the health of the population across all aspects of life. And health is about more than simply remaining free of coronavirus infection.

https://www.theatlantic.com/ideas/archive/2020/06/public-health-experts-are-not-hypocrites/612853/

Yep. That letter is going to be hard to live down. Imagine saying health is more than simply remaining free of infection after shutting down so much of society for months, including shutting down hospitals to most non-emergency patients.

It seems pretty reasonable to me that Trump knew about how serious covid19 was not just before everyone in the country, but almost everyone in the world and simply didn't act on it because it wasn't politically convenient.

Meh. If that's your stance, then it's not that as big a deal as you're making it sound. As 'harsh' as covid is, the appropriate response to it is a debatable one in a country with extensive healthcare capacity.
I figure that the prudent thing for a leader to do, would be to assume the worst. You're saying that he didn't have to assume the worst, because he was informed, and took a sort of 'Swedish' option.

His response was still bad, but not as potentially cataclysmic as I assumed.
Cuomo was a right fuck-wit though.

https://www.npr.org/sections/corona...nce-briefings-on-coronavirus-twice-in-january

President Trump twice received intelligence briefings on the coronavirus in January, according to a White House official. The official tells NPR the briefings occurred on Jan. 23 and Jan. 28.

That aint November and he issued his travel restrictions on Jan. 31

So governors failed to issue orders for states - there is no federally mandated social distancing - soon enough and you want to blame Trump and pretend like he had all this info months before you now admit that he actually had it.

sarah_palin_gotcha_sticker_6_cm_round_badge-r21228ed20fde44cdb960a039e5700790_k94rf_307.jpg

Back