International Covid-19 Breaking News v17: Russian PM infected

Compared to others, do you think your country did a good job at managing the situation so far

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You can't be serious. You completely ignore my entire post pointing out exactly what you asked for, then you take a qoute out of context in an article where he literally in the next sentence says he agrees with the lockdown and think that is was the right choice, something you disagree with. You can't make this up. Would he then be the communist soyboy you're referring to?

In that qoute you carefully selected, he's talking about how we went from trace quarantine in the beginning, but after it spread enough that wouldn't help because we can't trace the source of the infection because there are too many clusters. That has absolutely nothing to do with anything we are talking about. I'm done with this.
<DCrying>
I never said I'm against the measures he praised

Try again to argue against a strawman, it works out well for you it seems

They aren't all accurate, but the study I read about them was that the very worst of the kits was around 90% accurate, with the best being 99% - 100%.

That means to me, that if you are doing antibody testing as a means to estimate the true number infections in a population, then it's not bad and I assume they will favour the more accurate kits to use.
I pretty much agree. My point is until immunity rates are determined the ab test is only really good for getting a better idea of infection rate.

I pretty much agree. My point is until immunity rates are determined the ab test is only really good for getting a better idea of infection rate.

Yeah. Although with a more accurate infection rate we can start to get a clearer picture of the risk to populations based on infection rates compared to hospitalization and fatality rates. That can be used to drive policy in terms of how to best open things back up again.

Yeah, we should have probably just tried to get as many infected as possible and get those numbers way up.

<LikeReally5>

As counter-intuitive as it may seem, exposing population demographics less at risk (not old people) will shorten the time we have to deal with this as a pandemic. The thing to avoid is overloading health care systems (the point of flattening the curve).

Flattening the curve extends it out into time, it doesn't make the problems go away.

A sewage test in a county also confirmed that infected were like 80 times that of actual cases

In California we now know that a couple of people died who had the virus in early February. That means the virus was here at a minimum of early January. Possibly December. That means the Virus was here unchecked in CA for at least 60/70 or more days. I think at this point it's pretty evident way more are infected than what's being reported
People who don't admit it are the libtards who only care about their Hitler-like hate of Donald Trump and his administration and family.

As counter-intuitive as it may seem, exposing population demographics less at risk (not old people) will shorten the time we have to deal with this as a pandemic. The thing to avoid is overloading health care systems (the point of flattening the curve).

Flattening the curve extends it out into time, it doesn't make the problems go away.
<PlusJuan>

Assuming most people will be infected, it's better if otherwise strong and healthy people get infected first.

Yup, that's the plan.

Yeah. Although with a more accurate infection rate we can start to get a clearer picture of the risk to populations based on infection rates compared to hospitalization and fatality rates. That can be used to drive policy in terms of how to best open things back up again.
Exactly, but there probably isn’t going to be full immunity and we’re a ways away from having a gold standard test, so its not going to trigger a full reversal either. Its going to have to be a strategic reopening regardless.

People who don't admit it are the libtards who only care about their Hitler-like hate of Donald Trump and his administration and family.

You gotta do better than that if you wanna hang in here.

<{clintugh}>

WTF? Thats repulsive.

I would like to think this is a hoax, not actual nurses. Is there any information on this at all? Like who these people are, what hospital they are in, etc?

<PlusJuan>

Assuming most people will be infected, it's better if otherwise strong and healthy people get infected first.

Yep. The current path almost guarantees a strong second wave unless the virus disappears

Exactly, but there probably isn’t going to be full immunity
How do you figure? I don't think anybody knows how long immunity lasts at the moment, but it's reasonable to think full or partial resistance for years based on other viruses.

That video reminds me of an interesting article that came out the other day.
An estimated 4%, or about 150,000, of nurses in the U.S. are Filipino, but in some regions they account for a much larger share of caregivers. In California, for example, nearly 20% of registered nurses are Filipinos. And because they are most likely to work in acute care, medical/surgical, and ICU nursing, many “FilAms” are on the front lines of care for Covid-19 patients.

“Have you seen any Filipino nurses complain? Have you seen any Filipino nurses crying on TV? No,” said Scorp. “Why? While all those other nurses are busy doing videos and getting all the credit, Filipino nurses are the ones risking their lives trying to save Covid patients.”

https://www.statnews.com/2020/04/28/coronavirus-taking-outsized-toll-on-filipino-american-nurses/

Pretty scathing, in some ways. It's obvious that not everybody in nursing is thrilled with the tic-toc movement. But the article is a really deep piece that explores the somewhat complicated history of Filipinos in nursing, and the way they are viewed.

Exactly, but there probably isn’t going to be full immunity and we’re a ways away from having a gold standard test, so its not going to trigger a full reversal either. Its going to have to be a strategic reopening regardless.

Yeah there is no doubt about that. We won't be seeing full reversals any time soon. Really it's just a matter of fine tuning the approach finding the optimum balance between opening up as quickly as possible while keeping the curve below the 'red zone' and protecting the most vulnerable.

I see quite a few places talking about opening up schools within the next couple of months, so we're already seeing the shift happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back