Covering Face to Hide from Media After Losing!

Many a Sherdogger made fun of Colby Covington for doing this after his loss to Usman, but Conor did the same after his loss to Khabib (followed by Zubaira Tukhugov if you include the post-fight brawl)

Discuss

View attachment 719795
Ackmed, shut the fuck up. Literally no one likes you. You have no mates.

Ronda,Conor and Colby put an insane amount of pressure on themselves.

As did I, believe me.
I guess I just always thought of the cuts & bruises that I suffered in a fight as badges of honor & that hiding behind a hoodie & a giant pair of sunglasses was somehow dishonorable to my opponent & the sport.
Maybe I was old school but this is how fighters used to show up for the post-fight pressers & I followed suit:

Sports_Illustrated_41678_19580407-029-2048.jpg

PDeMarco.JPG

henrycooper.jpg

Many a Sherdogger made fun of Colby Covington for doing this after his loss to Usman, but Conor did the same after his loss to Khabib (followed by Zubaira Tukhugov if you include the post-fight brawl)

Discuss

View attachment 719795
Colby also ran out of the cage like a female!

When Conor lost to Nate he was humble. When Colby lost he didn't shake Usman's hand, didn't give him any props and just blamed the referee. Even down to when he declared his jaw was broken he said 'I broke my jaw'. Colby is just an asshole down to his inner core, his gimmick is a outlet for it.

Conor haters (aka Khabih "fans") reaching for anything these days. Fake modesty. Fake piety.
Because Conor fans NEVER make threads over exaggerating Conor's fights and accomplishments or downplaying his losses AKA reaching
<YeahOKJen>

They don't get anymore epic than this cover-up ↓↓↓

uhIoegR.jpg

When you have to do the child molester perp walk you know sh!t went bad...

It's a video, he holds them there much more than momentarily. It's on fight pass or I'd link it

I have footage of @Ackmed doing mean things to puppies.
It's on a subscription streaming service, otherwise I'd link it.
Just trust me.

Who cares if someone covers their face after losing. Like do they owe you something?
Fighters need thicker skin. Thats probably why some of them cut so easily. The last thing i want when watching a fight is to feel embarrased watching a fighter cry like a little biatch. Especially if i have company over. So yes they do owe me something, my $60 usd back.

Conor was in the cage for like 15 minutes after the fight ended getting sucker punched and fighting Khabib's goons. He wasn't hiding.

He covered his face because it was a loss for fight fans since dude wouldn’t engage with him.
015B3CE9-D438-4284-A45C-627BAD8EFB31.gif

I don't understand the urge to covers one's face after a fight. It seems silly to me. A whole bunch of people just watched you fight & saw the blows that you absorbed so why attempt to hide the result of them? IMO there's nothing to be ashamed or embarrassed about.
Back when I was fighting I was a walk-in banger who typically got into wars of attrition with my opponents. This means that I pretty much always came out of my fights swollen up, bruised up & cut up. It's a fistfight. Shit happens. And win, lose or draw I never hid my face after a fight. I wore my war wounds proudly just as the old-time fighters did.
Now before anyone jumps on me I'm not saying that I'm somehow better than the fighters that choose to hide or cover-up these days. I guess I just had a different mindset. I didn't mind looking like a gargoyle with my eye swollen shut or like I'd just had surgery on my face. I enjoyed being a fighter & looking the part didn't bother me.
What would you choose to do? Would you go out uncovered or covered up?
I think people do it if they are visually emotional.. aka crying. No one needs to see that shit!

Anytime a fighter momentarily puts their hands on their face = hiding from media?
Try harder.
Well he did skip the post fight press so you tell me. Was he hiding from the media?
Colby had the jaw excuse. Conrat had nothing broken but his soul lol

Khabib Bless
Not Hiding From The Media Bless

He put his hands up to his face after a loss for a moment. He wasn't hiding from media you know this.
He declined to take questions from the media that day. Conrad was hiding from the media and you know this :D

Khabib Bless
Taking Question Post Fight From The Media Bless

Islam Makhachev got starched by a can in under 2 minutes.

Nothing wrong with face-covering, just find it odd that Colby was attacked for it but not Conor

You're easily the most obsessed poster on this forum.

Back