Couture-Toney predictions

Yeah I have to agree. I thought Paulie's was the best answer too.

I like Rashads answer better.

Former UFC light heavyweight champion Rashad Evans

“(Toney’s) inside fighting capabilities could serve him well given Randy Couture’s clinch game. Look at the Frank Mir and Shane Carwin fight – most of the damage was done to Frank Mir against the cage. But if you get a guy like James Toney who knows how to strike off the cage, and who makes a living with inside fighting … I think that could lend some promise to James Toney. It could be a short night if a guy like James Toney lands one of those shots on the inside. He’s definitely the best true boxer out there in the UFC.”

haha at greg haugens response. dude thinks couture will lose strictly because toneys boxing. this might be true but i cant take anything he says seriously after what he said about julio cesar chavez and we all saw the result of that fight.

For all the trash people say boxers talk about MMA, most of them made educated predictions about the fight.

ufc fighters are afraid to pick Toney. They must fear Dana.

Rashad makes the best case for James. If James was fighting a guy with a great double leg takedown that would be one thing but Couture is a greco roman wrestler, he uses the clinch to take guys down and that plays right into Toney's strength. Warr Toney!!!!

There is no way that Toney is stopping Randy's takedowns. He is well past his prime as an athelete. Toney has a one shot chance. I predict a first rd ko via GnP for randy

Rashad makes the best case for James. If James was fighting a guy with a great double leg takedown that would be one thing but Couture is a greco roman wrestler, he uses the clinch to take guys down and that plays right into Toney's strength. Warr Toney!!!!

I see your point but then again I dont. Toney can box good in the clinch but that is when he doesnt have to worry about the takedowns or knees or elbows. Toney has no chance in the clinch with so many variables.

Its good to see veteran fighters on both sides just give the other side props.

Couture is man enough to say he doesnt have elite boxers' skills and isnt going to be stupid enough to try and box with Toney. So I really doubt we're going to see Toney win.

Sorry guys.

Gott alove the "Mayweather talked shit about MMA btu didnt have the guts to come to the Octagon"

Dont hate the man because he makes more money in one fight than the entire UFC roster does the entire year

Back