News Court McGee vs Claudio Silva added to UFC Fight Night Event, May 22nd

Gio

Wendy Belt
Staff member
Senior Moderator
Reaction score

Here's the lineup for the May 22nd UFN card so far, with McGee vs Silva as the latest addition:
  • Rob Font vs. Cody Garbrandt
  • Yan Xiaonan vs. Carla Esparza
  • Felicia Spencer vs. Danyelle Wolf
  • David Dvořák vs. Raulian Paiva
  • Denys Bondar vs. Victor Rodriguez
  • Rodrigo Nascimento vs. Alan Baudot
  • Justin Tafa vs. Jared Vanderaa
  • Joshua Culibao vs. Yilan Sha
  • Sarah Alpar vs. Stephanie Egger
  • Yancy Medeiros vs. Damir Hadžović
  • Court McGee vs. Claudio Silva

Last edited:
I expect an ugly fight here if it stays on the feet

Court could win if it stays on the feet.

Silva could easily sub him but Silva’s striking looked pretty novice to me.

Claudio Silva is the answer to the question of what happens when a BJJ guy spends zero effort working on his striking or wrestling, and just devotes himself entirely to BJJ.

I'm done even trying to predict the outcome of this guy's fights. On paper court should be able to keep it standing and outstrike him, but Silva keeps finding ways to get it to the ground.

I think the card needs a lil bit more help. Maybe add a couple more bouts in the higher weight classes like WW or MW imo.

McGee should take this, silvas best chance is to clinch smother and submit early. The longer it goes, the less likely he is to catch Court.

What a horrible card so far though

court mcgee is that fighter that you always want to be successful and exciting but you know that just him even being in the octagon is a victory in and of itself. so good for him, hope he looks good.

Hope Court does well.

Cody-Font is going to be a hell of a fight. Rest of the card is pretty rough but curious to see how Xiaonan does.

Card looks awful so far.

I have a weird hatred for Claudio Silva, dunno why really. Rooting for McGee but he probably loses this via UD.

Dvorak Vs Paiva is a decent scrap too imo.

But yeah, this is not a good card overall. Hopefully this more international contender series they seem to be doing this year can re-invigorate the roster a bit.

I feel like this could be a knife fight but with socks full of porridge instead of knives.

<mma4>

Yea, card is kinda cringe but has a great main.

the one guy I’d bring attention to is Bondar. Making his ufc debut and has looked like a killer overseas. Have another potential bantamweight contender in him

Shit card on paper......probably gonna be wild and enough CTE to go around x3.

Back