Media Court McGee has been given another UFC fight, despite having a 1-5 record on his last 6

McGee would go to a decision with Ngannou, but would also go to a decision with CM Punk. You know its a decision the moment the fight is booked

It's a great true to life story of overcoming your demons. If people going through the same stuff, or some their family members, happen to know and get inspiration from his story, I guess it's not a bad thing. And it's not like Court is fighting on every single card for people to get sick and tired of hearing his story from the commentary
It was pushed all through tuf and then before every single fight he has. Heroin junkies should be shamed not celebrated.

Dana must be banging him

....that is the usual line in these sorts of thread yes?

He's still testing these prospects and doesn't have a huge price tag. Good for him for being able to stick around. Good looking family too. Considering where his life was at one point, he's come a long way.

Bring Nick Ring back for one more fight.

{<redford}

Nick's gotten pretty weird.
When I was on FB like 3-4 years ago, he'd gotten into this right wing Canadian nationalist political thing talking about immigrants and Muslims, non-white people, all kind of weird stuff.
It was subtle compared to the insane and hateful stuff that you read there; however he wasn't wishy washy about it either.

I'm not sure if he was always like that, but my guess is that like many other fighters, getting punched in the head in practice/competition over the years really took its toll.

That said, I never knew him and only "connected" due to the fact that a bunch of people I knew competed at various levels in various combat sports; so again, maybe he was always kinda tweaked a little weird.

It was pushed all through tuf and then before every single fight he has. Heroin junkies should be shamed not celebrated.

But he's not a heroin junkie anymore. He's a great father now who has raised his kids, and has a project that's reaching out to people to overcome addiction.

How can we Make Sherdog Great Again with all this hate and negativity?

Yeah there was that awesome fight he was in, what was it? Since some time back, talk about being a headline line act, its almost as if he changed the game or something?

<{vega}>

Last edited:
Reactions: Gio
I've always like McGee but it's time he hung them up, he's been in the game for such a long time and is always involved in proper gruelling battles, lots of damage.

This has to be the last one, at least in the UFC. I'm guessing it's someone like David Zawada.

But he's not a heroin junkie anymore. He's a great father now who has raised his kids, and has a project that's reaching out to people to overcome addiction.

How can we Make Sherdog Great Again with all this hate and negativity?

I agree. People grow and change. Everybody has a past. If swagger jacker wants to hold something that happened over a decade ago against someone else, so be it. Good for Court for overcoming and turning his life around.

I don't mind it at all. Court is a savage, and this could be his final fight in the UFC.

So who could it be? Robbie Lawler? Mike Perry?

Any guesses?

Doesn't make much sense cus how many guys have gotten shown the door with not as bad a record in the UFC? I almost wonder if your a suck up that u get to keep ur job type thing...not sure

Nick's gotten pretty weird.
When I was on FB like 3-4 years ago, he'd gotten into this right wing Canadian nationalist political thing talking about immigrants and Muslims, non-white people, all kind of weird stuff.
It was subtle compared to the insane and hateful stuff that you read there; however he wasn't wishy washy about it either.

I'm not sure if he was always like that, but my guess is that like many other fighters, getting punched in the head in practice/competition over the years really took its toll.

That said, I never knew him and only "connected" due to the fact that a bunch of people I knew competed at various levels in various combat sports; so again, maybe he was always kinda tweaked a little weird.
nothing wrong in wanting secure borders and criticise religion

Respect this guy. Changed his life 180 after heroin addiction. Not a lot of people could have made it past that.

I always wonder how these guys provide for families after they're done fighting when they never made much to begin with.
(Running/working at/working with) a (gym/training center/fitness facility)

I've worked with a couple of former NFL players over the years. One older gentleman was a museum security guard who had played on the Bears 1963 championship squad.

It's not just money. Pro athletes retire fairly young and many of them are intense, focused individuals. They need to have something to do with their lives.

Yup I used to wait tables with a mountain of a man. I finally asked him what he did before this and he was a linemen in the NFL. Had some knee injuries and couldn't come back but he was in the league like 5 years which is more than most.

nothing wrong in wanting secure borders and criticise religion

Yeah, it ran deeper than that. He seemed pretty much anti-anything that wasn't exclusively Western European in nature. That's a very slippery slope.

Plus, he didn't seem anti-American; and that's really the only border that Canada has, so the "secure borders" argument wouldn't be applicable.

Looks like he's got a family to feed good for him for getting another UFC fight, why you would choose to hate on this is beyond me. Like the guy yesterday claiming Arlovski is paid too much, you guys are haters who will complain about anything.

Back