Media Court McGee has been given another UFC fight, despite having a 1-5 record on his last 6

His middle child looks like it might be fathered by Alex Emelienko.
Speaking of wild nights. I think Court is starting to morph into Johny Hendricks
Meth Rigg was born

Good for him. Court turned his life around. I'm sure training alone gave him something to focus on and pulled him back from the edge. Hopefully he wins

Get another job? Dustin Hazelett did it, so did many others. Hell Mark Kerr sold cars after he retired
Absolutely, plus it's called assumptive risk. And these fighters are agreeing to the terms of their contract. If they're naive enough to think they won't have to do something after then that's on them. Plan ahead ladies and gents, that's not just for fighters but everyone in life

He has only one finish in 16 UFC fights. Kind of weird, even Colby has more finishes. Not a boring fighter, though.

I always wonder how these guys provide for families after they're done fighting when they never made much to begin with.

Purple belt in Brazilian jiu-jitsu under Jason Mertlich
Black stripe red belt in Shintoshi Karate
4th degree black belt in Kajukenbo under John Hackleman

I assume they can always train classes of children/adults
ALso, bodyguards

I've worked with a couple of former NFL players over the years. One older gentleman was a museum security guard who had played on the Bears 1963 championship squad.

It's not just money. Pro athletes retire fairly young and many of them are intense, focused individuals. They need to have something to do with their lives.
I’ve worked with a couple retired NFL players as well. Both won Super Bowls but not as star players. Didn’t have long NFL careers and then got into law enforcement. Some good braddas.

I always wonder how these guys provide for families after they're done fighting when they never made much to begin with.

i don't know how they provide for their families while they're fighting.

Absolutely, plus it's called assumptive risk. And these fighters are agreeing to the terms of their contract. If they're naive enough to think they won't have to do something after then that's on them. Plan ahead ladies and gents, that's not just for fighters but everyone in life

Not only that but with the fame that comes with fighting in the ufc you easily have a higher chance of getting hired than a random dude nobody has ever heard of.

Probably someone like Cerrone, Woodley, or Lawler. Which reminds me, shouldn't Cerrone be getting the boot any day now?

Veteran name/stepping stone/measuring stick for the division.

Probably someone like Cerrone, Woodley, or Lawler. Which reminds me, shouldn't Cerrone be getting the boot any day now?

He's fighting Diego Sanchez, May 8th. Diego's retirement fight.

I think the UFC doesn't want the negative press from releasing a fighter who overcame heroin addiction and now has a project helping others with addiction.

I like the guy, but there are so many fighters released with much better records.

Did you know that Court Mgee used to do heroin? I only mention it cause the UFC broadcast team never do.

Never liked him and it annoys me how they wank on about him being a junky before every friggin' fight. Hope he gets cut.

It's a great true to life story of overcoming your demons. If people going through the same stuff, or some their family members, happen to know and get inspiration from his story, I guess it's not a bad thing. And it's not like Court is fighting on every single card for people to get sick and tired of hearing his story from the commentary

Back