Couple Noob Westside Questions

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by theNuge, Apr 7, 2008.

1. theNuge

theNuge Brown Belt

I've done lots of Google-Fu searching and searching on this log and I can't find the answer to the following question:

- In the repetition day in the WS4SB program, does working to three sets of max reps with 60 seconds rest in between mean I lift until I fail for three sets?

I also have a question for the guys who've done the WS4SB program before:

- What exercises did you rotate for the max effort days? I'm just trying to get a feel for what other people have done. I was thinking about going from regular bench press to incline bench press and from deadlift to box squat.

2. takeahnase

takeahnase watching the swarm

I did WS4SB. For ME Upper I did Bench, 1 Board Press, Incline Bench and Close Grip Bench. For ME Lower I did PL Squats, Close Stance ATG Squats, Deadlifts and Deadlifts off Plates. Looking back, Squat and Deadlift and Bench and Incline would have been enough probably.

For the RE day, I don't understand your question. I picked a weight and did three sets with high reps the last set being to failure.

3. Donut62

Donut62 Black Belt

You can do it a couple of ways. Read this:

http://www.elitefts.com/documents/repetition_work.htm

I think most people do the second version, two sets of 12-15 reps with the last being taken to all out failure.

I'd pick three of each. Two bench variations and an overhead press, and then deadlifts/rack pulls and front and back squats.

4. theNuge

theNuge Brown Belt

Thanks for responses, guys.

That's exactly what I was looking for.

I'm going to have to start reading Elite Fitness more often...