Couple fined and threatened with jail for feeding the homeless

We need some type of reservation system for the homeless. Out of sight out of mind. Maybe the Native Americans could be asked to donate some of their land for the purpose.

Normally i would agree that requiring a permit is not an overreach. But earlier in the thread I posted a series of links that show that this particular Floridian city is known for being in a class of its own in terms of corruption and unfair regulations so this could also have been a special case where getting a permit was WAY easier said that done. I still see all sides of the argument as valid but there is also an issue of perhaps having to deal with one of many cities that is simply very badly run.

I agree that many of the homeless can pose serious problems though. I guess it is sort of opposing the local gov't torching down a house to get rid of infestations; I don't think opposing that necessarily is an endorsement to do absolutely nothing about the infestations.

Volusia county is loaded with the homeless, it is a HUGE problem, especially in Daytona. homeless people actively go there. the city tries to make itself less attractive for homeless people to try and stem the influx they get.

Back