Economy Countries are starting to hoard food, threatening global trade

There was recently something of a similar thread, but yeah: food security is the most indispensable thing a sovereign nation can possess. What could possibly be more important than the ability to feed your population, especially if and when shit hits the fan? It's the foundation of human civilization itself and number one national security issue.

orig

if the economy crashes nobody will feed anyone but themselves. Whatever resources there is inside a country would be fought over.

The farmers are not angels and in fact nobody is. There will be no charity to such an extend. There will be turmoil and the farmer will most likely flee his farms. No one should expect a farmer coming out and putting 2kg wheat or soy every month at their doorsteps this is just not real life and doing it for 300mio+ people not a chance

Last edited:
I wouldn't even blame nations for this. They tend to enact policy that is popular and gets votes. The reality is that people will scream "We must protect our supply lines!" but when they get to the supermarket and they see local garlic next to Chinese garlic for only 2/3 the cost, they'll buy that Chinese garlic a majority of the time. People talk with their mouths, vote with their wallets, and government knows which one is more important. When it comes time to enact a law/impose a tariff that stops that Chinese garlic from hitting the shelves, they know what the people really want, whatever they say. I mean, hell, we've seen first hand how people react to the prospect of tariffs being imposed recently. If they only knew how many tariffs are already in place, they'd freak the hell out.

High tariffs are fully justified because of the negative externalities Chinese industry creates. I want to see tariffs so high that all imported Chinese goods are the same prices as American made goods, and require all Chinese imports to have the Chinese flag pasted on them and a Surgeon General's warning.

So.. uh

I wonder if people NOW understand why the govt subsidizes farming...

no it’s not. Why do so many urban whites think this? Is bizarre.

trust me, in Gods Country, our land has been passed down since the days of homesteading. Sod houses are our foundation.
Those picturesque hipster farms are not the ones supplying supermarkets and providing ingredients for manufactured food factories. The majority of food consumed in America come from these-
pigs_0.jpg

factory_farm.jpg

854081161001_6045762651001_6045764559001-vs.jpg

not this
cows6_1.jpg

Your homesteading fantasy can only exist as a niche hobby. It can not scale to feed a nation of 300 million.

The Great Plains/Midwest arent your hipster organic farms.

I’m not so sure you know what your taking about. Every country in my area of my state, it’s family farms. Not huge farm conglomerates. That’s hitting big in Wisconsin, Michigan, Minnesota,(especially the Dairy) the south, Florida, and cali. As far as I know.

And that should have been stopped long ago

edit: hog confinement’s have always been in our areas, but people still raise hogs. The new big factory. chicken operations are a sin, and brand new the last 6 years. Run with illegal immigrant labor, and then Illegals bring crime to small towns where we never expected it.

cattle.....shit....everyone has a certain head of cattle in my state. Shit on your shoe, money in your pocket

Doesnt matter what you think or about your little fantasy, essentially all meats come from big factory farms.

https://www.sentienceinstitute.org/us-factory-farming-estimates

i don’t live a fantasy. I can name the family names in then surrounding 5 counties who rare I charge of what aspect of the cattle business.

Some specialize in yearlings, some do the entire thing calving to butchering, but most specialize.

you have no clue what you’re taking about. Sorry guy. This is my specialty

Gonna need more than 5 families for 325 million peopl .

Sorry, math is obviously not your specialty.

i don’t live a fantasy. I can name the family names in then surrounding 5 counties who rare I charge of what aspect of the cattle business.

Some specialize in yearlings, some do the entire thing calving to butchering, but most specialize.

you have no clue what you’re taking about. Sorry guy. This is my specialty
Ok, and a guy living in Maine will think America can feed itself with fresh lobster because of its abundance in his vicinity. Try to look beyond your immediate surroundings and consider what the rest of the population has access to. Subsidized corn is in the majority of packaged foods in our supermarkets for a reason.
b834d1d5688589b582b7ebf6d76c8dcf.png

With your shit head prime minister running things I guess anything is possible.

I'm not a fan of his, but he is doing better now, closing th eborders and the financial package.

Gonna need more than 5 families for 325 million peopl .

Sorry, math is obviously not your specialty.
Ok, and a guy living in Maine will think America can feed itself with fresh lobster because of its abundance in his vicinity. Try to look beyond your immediate surroundings and consider what the rest of the population has access to.
Here's some math to consider:

The Great State of Nebraska has over 6,800,000 cattle. On average each 1,000lbs on the hoof cow will produce about 430lbs of retail beef.

That's over 2,924,000,000 lbs of available beef in one state alone. Almost three billion! American agriculture is capable of producing enough meat to satisfy the needs of the world.

Here's some math to consider:

The Great State of Nebraska has over 6,800,000 cattle. On average each 1,000lbs on the hoof cow will produce about 430lbs of retail beef.

That's over 2,924,000,000 lbs of available beef in one state alone. Almost three billion! American agriculture is capable of producing enough meat to satisfy the needs of the world.

But is it feasible. The waste from so much animal faming would turn Murica into a nation of shit ponds.

But is it feasible. The waste from so much animal faming would turn Murica into a nation of shit ponds.

Cattle manure makes fine fertilizer.

It's not only feasible, we're basically already doing it.

Those picturesque hipster farms are not the ones supplying supermarkets and providing ingredients for manufactured food factories. The majority of food consumed in America come from these-
pigs_0.jpg

factory_farm.jpg

854081161001_6045762651001_6045764559001-vs.jpg

not this
cows6_1.jpg

Your homesteading fantasy can only exist as a niche hobby. It can not scale to feed a nation of 300 million.
To be fair, a family farm can own a combine harvester and practice some very intensive farming. Family farming isn't the same as some idiot homesteading.
Many cows are also initially raised in family farms and sold to larger companies to get fatter.

To be fair, a family farm can own a combine harvester and practice some very intensive farming. Family farming isn't the same as some idiot homesteading.
Many cows are also initially raised in family farms and sold to larger companies to get fatter.
Yeah, there are plenty of family farms out there making a decent living and supplying produce to local markets. My point was that the vast majority of calories consumed in America come from mega agribusiness. It's become a necessary evil to feed our population at a low cost. But this cheap abundant food is the reason we are so fat and sickly in the first place. Perhaps if we paid the unsubsidized true cost of food we would be a fitter, healthier, and hungrier nation.

Yeah, there are plenty of family farms out there making a decent living and supplying produce to local markets. My point was that the vast majority of calories consumed in America come from mega agribusiness. It's become a necessary evil to feed our population at a low cost. But this cheap abundant food is the reason we are so fat and sickly in the first place. Perhaps if we paid the unsubsidized true cost of food we would be a fitter, healthier, and hungrier nation.
I mean there are some family farms that also produce a lot of grains with high tech. I mean they also use pesticides, GMOs, and all that too. They sell their grains to large companies that resell them to supermarkets or to China. They just own 500-1000 hectares instead of 10,000ha and are worth millions instead of billions. @Farmer Br0wn is probably in that category.

But this cheap abundant food is the reason we are so fat and sickly in the first place. Perhaps if we paid the unsubsidized true cost of food we would be a fitter, healthier, and hungrier nation.

I blame the dominant hetero lifestyle and customs of society. It's not like we're a different species or something (?), this is obviously a matter of culture, motivation and will power.

Amazing but true: Boston researchers determined that gay women were more than twice as likely as straight women to be obese, while gay men were 50 percent less likely to be obese compared to their heterosexual counterparts, according to a report published in the American Journal of Public Health.

I blame the dominant hetero lifestyle and customs of society. It's not like we're a different species or something (?), this is obviously a matter of culture, motivation and will power.

Amazing but true: Boston researchers determined that gay women were more than twice as likely as straight women to be obese, while gay men were 50 percent less likely to be obese compared to their heterosexual counterparts, according to a report published in the American Journal of Public Health.
All lesbians I know are fat and ugly.