Couldn't make the weight, now what?

J Storm**

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So I've been dieting well, small (very small) balanced meals every 2-3 hours for 2 weeks. Been hitting the cardio well and drinking a lot of water.

My 1st tournament is tomorrow and I realize I still won't be able to cut the weight that I want.

So I will go to the weightclass above it :icon_neut

My question is, now that I've been depleting my body for 2 weeks, and I have a day to go w/ 3lbs of leeway, should I:

carbo load so I have more energy tomorrow?

continue w/ the veggies and lean protein, just in higher quantities?

eat whatever the hell i want b/c it doesnt matter?

Personally i would eat whatever i feel will allow me to perform at my best, typically that would be a lean meats, veggies and a complex carb source. If you feel going a carb heavy route will work better for you go with that, just avoid the 'add" weight idea, it'll probably just make you sluggish

I'd tell you to not try anything drastic the day before. Just eat good foods whenever you want, without trying to restrict or gain anything. Of course I'm not talking about eating McDonalds, pizza, etc. But I'd say just eat when you want. Especially since you can hop off the wagon and eat without restrictions...now isn't the time to shake things up on your body.

Back