Could your mom find a better wife for you than you could for yourself?

Sadly, I think my mom probably knows me better than I do, so maybe she could. My love life is a disaster, so I obviously suck at choosing.

How is it a disaster, Matt?

Well, in a nutshell, I traditionally pick women based on superficial things like looks/sexual attraction rather than actual compatible personalities, get attached, and then act surprised when we end up arguing all the time or I get cheated on.

I have a friend that I work with. He tells a story of his grandmother trying to get him to go on a date with one of her friend's granddaughters. He kept blowing her off and saying shit like na, I'm ok. She even told him that the girl saw his picture and said that he was cute and all that stuff.

His grandmother would insist and wanted him to meet her friend's granddaughter. His grandmother insisted that the girl really wanted to meet him. He kept saying no and blowing off his grandmother. I mean you don't want to get with a fat pig that your grandmother might be trying to hook you up with. She even went so far as to try and trick him to meeting this girl. He new what was up and skipped the event or whatever.

Well years later as he is watching TV with his grandmother she points to the TV and mentions that was the girl she was trying to get him with a years ago. Dude looks and it was Jennifer Love Hewitt. Dude could have at least gone on one date with that chick but wouldn't fucking listen to his grandmother. Lol.

Well, in a nutshell, I traditionally pick women based on superficial things like looks/sexual attraction rather than actual compatible personalities, get attached, and then act surprised when we end up arguing all the time or I get cheated on.

Still, it's a better place to be in than not. I'd personally rather be dating 8-10 and having problems, waiting on one that wasn't crazy than settling for girls I found unattractive. They're out there, man. Never settle... but try to weed out the problem one's immediately by looking for dishonestly, neediness, anger, jealousy and space issues, etc.

I have a friend that I work with. He tells a story of his grandmother trying to get him to go on a date with one of her friend's granddaughters. He kept blowing her off and saying shit like na, I'm ok. She even told him that the girl saw his picture and said that he was cute and all that stuff.

His grandmother would insist and wanted him to meet her friend's granddaughter. His grandmother insisted that the girl really wanted to meet him. He kept saying no and blowing off his grandmother. I mean you don't want to get with a fat pig that your grandmother might be trying to hook you up with. She even went so far as to try and trick him to meeting this girl. He new what was up and skipped the event or whatever.

Well years later as he is watching TV with his grandmother she points to the TV and mentions that was the girl she was trying to get him with a years ago. Dude looks and it was Jennifer Love Hewitt. Dude could have at least gone on one date with that chick but wouldn't fucking listen to his grandmother. Lol.

Missed his Mary Jane moment, serves him right to. If my grandma insisted so much I'd feel obligated to meet her once at least.

Missed his Mary Jane moment, serves him right to. If my grandma insisted so much I'd feel obligated to meet her once at least.

I agree. The guy is cool but is stubborn as hell. He is one of those guys that when he gets an idea in his head no one is going to change is mind, even if it is the wrong ass choice.

My mom did good at exposing my bitch ex gf. So yeah i trust her judgement.

Hell no my mom would choose some jesus freak.

dubbed up like a peasant.

God i hate to admit but my mom knows whats best for me most of the time but i still refuse, half the fun is finding the girl, and starting up a connection the rest sucks.

God i hate to admit but my mom knows whats best for me most of the time but i still refuse, half the fun is finding the girl, and starting up a connection the rest sucks.

Only if you find the right girl... ;)

i have a couple of indian friends that had arranged marriages

they are happy

I agree. The guy is cool but is stubborn as hell. He is one of those guys that when he gets an idea in his head no one is going to change is mind, even if it is the wrong ass choice.

I know a guy who is like that as well and I'm sure he'd do something similar, or at the very least if he did meet her unless she looked as great as Jennifer Love Hewitt and had a 10/10 personality to boot he'd find something to complain about. Not the type to want to marry a girl his mom chose for him.

I don't get it to be honest. Its a nice gesture, might as well go on at least one date just to show you tried.

I know a guy who is like that as well and I'm sure he'd do something similar, or at the very least if he did meet her unless she looked as great as Jennifer Love Hewitt and had a 10/10 personality to boot he'd find something to complain about. Not the type to want to marry a girl his mom chose for him.

I don't get it to be honest. Its a nice gesture, might as well go on at least one date just to show you tried.

Hell, you never know you might get some freak in the bed or something. I would have done it just for my grandmother, especially if she was so insistent.

As a side note on how stubborn this guy is. One time he got disciplined at work for coming in late or something. I can't remember why. It was something that you just go in and sign your letter of reprimand or whatever and leave. Well he couldn't let it go. He emailed the head of the department a stupid ass email. His email full of grammatical errors. It was just some ranting and rambling about how the department is unfair and other stupid non sensical shit the head guy doesn't want to hear. We all told him that it was a bad idea. Well the dumb shit sent it anyway. Well he was disciplined again, for the email, and I forgot why the reason they gave but it we all know it was for his email. Maybe it was a chain of command or misuse of email or something. He is that stubborn and maybe a little dumb.

Hell, you never know you might get some freak in the bed or something. I would have done it just for my grandmother, especially if she was so insistent.

As a side note on how stubborn this guy is. One time he got disciplined at work for coming in late or something. I can't remember why. It was something that you just go in and sign your letter of reprimand or whatever and leave. Well he couldn't let it go. He emailed the head of the department a stupid ass email. His email full of grammatical errors. It was just some ranting and rambling about how the department is unfair and other stupid non sensical shit the head guy doesn't want to hear. We all told him that it was a bad idea. Well the dumb shit sent it anyway. Well he was disciplined again, for the email, and I forgot why the reason they gave but it we all know it was for his email. Maybe it was a chain of command or misuse of email or something. He is that stubborn and maybe a little dumb.

Sounds exactly like something my friend would do. He's a fairly competent guy and he's smart but he'll almost never admit he's wrong and has a huge issue with authority and like your friend will make a mountain out of a molehill even when its completely retarded ad he frequently gets into arguments with his employers. He's competent and likeable enough that he keeps his job but I imagine he's not getting employee of the month anytime soon.

Once he was sold these diamond earrings for $35 by my drug dealer neighbors and he swore if they were fake he'd make a huge deal about, ranting on about how his drug dealer/childhood friend would back him up and make a big deal about. I told him to fuck off with that shit, he's not going to cause some fucking gang war across my street for $35.

Back