Could You Beat CM Punk in MMA? Poll?

If i had equal time with Duke Roufus, I'd think so. He seems to be able to wrestle for a long time, and while it's not the same thing, he stood out in that regard even in relation to other pro wrestlers, and that can be cardio intensive, so I doubt my cardio stacks up.

I have no doubts I can tool him standing while we're fresh. I have substantially more striking experience(boxed or kickboxed or both from the ages of like 8-18) and I'm a lot younger and more athletic. I dunno what his wingspan is, but mine is about 75" at about 5'11, and I'm just long armed with a narrow, skinny-fat torso, lolol. I doubt he has a reach advantage.

I don't think my power is anything special, and I have no clue if he has any chin, and if his grappling is good, he could grind me out and tap/finish me. I think if I could get equal time with someone like Duke that I'd be good enough to negate his grappling, unless I'm severely underestimating how naturally strong he is.

Just trying to think about this made me realize how much a mystery he really is. I think all MMA fighters in the UFC would obliterate me, even the ones with horrible technique, because they all usually are way stronger or more athletic than we give them credit for, or they have some trait that 99.9999% of the general population has, like godly cardio or something. Punk is a mystery, we don't know if he has any of those traits, he might just be an average, untrained 38 year old, and I'd pick myself over those types any day.

These threads are the worst. You're not an MMA fighter unless YOURE AN MMA FIGHTER. Yeah, CM Punk is a pro wrestler, but he's been training at an elite gym for some time now.

I fucking hate that he's being gloryholed into the UFC, but... Yes, he's better than you.
I know what you mean but many of us also train at world class gym and for a lot longer than two years. This forum has members all the way from basement dwelling neckbeards to pro fighters.

Sure, some of these people are talking out their ass, either lying or have no idea what they're talking about but many guys around here are legit.

Also, by your own rationale: CM Punk is not a real MMA fighter. He's not a pro fighter until he fights pro. Pro fighters run the gamut, too. There are some HORRIBLY unskilled pros competing.

He might be better than YOU but you're mistaken if you really believe none of the folks here are legit.

This is a reasonable topic. I chose to withhold my opinion whether I could beat him or not until I actually SEE HIM FIGHT. That said, I'd like my chances right now but that could all change when (if) we ever see him fight.

He would probably Tyler Durden everyone in here. Skinny guys fight till they're burger.

sYo4ie5.gif
LOL. Holy shit. Amazing.

Back