Could you beat Anthony Joshuas 100m sprint?

100 x 100m sprints is ridiculous. That's 10,000m total. I don't believe it. He would have tremendous endurance but that was never his strong point.
What's the time frame? 10 years?

Cos I could maybe believe it then

What's the time frame? 10 years?

Cos I could maybe believe it then
Well that's the only way Haye could do it. 10 minutes rest between reps.

Well that's the only way Haye could do it. 10 minutes rest between reps.

It was meant to be 30 seconds rest between sprints, so around an hour total.

It may be a typo and meant to be 10x100. It may have been part of his training, but the final 100 being completed in 13.5s seems unlikely. Even for Usain Bolt that would be a bit much.

Sounds boring too.

It was meant to be 30 seconds rest between sprints, so around an hour total.

It may be a typo and meant to be 10x100. It may have been part of his training, but the final 100 being completed in 13.5s seems unlikely. Even for Usain Bolt that would be a bit much.

Sounds boring too.
It's got to be a typo. As you said earlier Haye doesn't seem the type to outright lie like that. 13.5 is possible if he ran the previous 9 at 13's.

Just proves that Joshua (as are other topboxers) is an A-Level athlete. Theres hardly any 250 lbs NBA or NFL player that would be much faster than this. And after all, boxing has absolutly 0 sprinting involved.

I'm not running 100m. I have people for that.

And yeah, they all beat him.

I'm the only one on here that actually could.

No, that's an impressive time for a guy of his size with no specialized sprint training.

pinklon thomas and jim jeffries could run a ten second hundred yard dash, impressive for guys that size, don't know how that translates to that stupid metric system. Boxers usually embarrass themselves when they do other things. Joe frazier almost drown in a swimming event, i think ali came in last in some sprinting competition and he admits in his bio that wilma rudolph could outrun him.

No, that's an impressive time for a guy of his size with no specialized sprint training.
pinklon thomas and jim jeffries could run a ten second hundred yard dash, impressive for guys that size, don't know how that translates to that stupid metric system. Boxers usually embarrass themselves when they do other things. Joe frazier almost drown in a swimming event, i think ali came in last in some sprinting competition and he admits in his bio that wilma rudolph could outrun him.

I generally don't expect boxers to be that great at running, usually. I like to poke at Tyson Fury's running because it's kind of funny, but it ultimately doesn't really matter as long as he is getting the conditioning (and doesn't care about the long-term health of his joints). Joshua is a freak athlete though. He probably would've wound up competing at a high level in any sport if he hadn't picked boxing.

I generally don't expect boxers to be that great at running, usually. I like to poke at Tyson Fury's running because it's kind of funny, but it ultimately doesn't really matter as long as he is getting the conditioning (and doesn't care about the long-term health of his joints). Joshua is a freak athlete though. He probably would've wound up competing at a high level in any sport if he hadn't picked boxing.

It's funny, too, because as much as Fury looks silly when he runs and Joshua looks like a beast, Fury is much quicker and lighter on his feet in a boxing context. It goes to show that raw measurables like this often don't translate to specific sports. The NHL combine might illustrate this fact the best, with many elite prospects year in year out having terrible totals in many of the tests.

It's funny, too, because as much as Fury looks silly when he runs and Joshua looks like a beast, Fury is much quicker and lighter on his feet in a boxing context. It goes to show that raw measurables like this often don't translate to specific sports. The NHL combine might illustrate this fact the best, with many elite prospects year in year out having terrible totals in many of the tests.

The biggest difference I can think of between boxing and running is that running is far more mechanical. Boxing is fluid and unpredictable.

If I had to guess, I'd bet Fury is the better dancer too.

that's right, joe frazier and angelo dundee have said they don't care how you run just as long as you run. something about using the whole body gives boxers that one of a kind conditioning. now, you wanna see some funny running, look up steve seagal.

Yeah I could imagine him being a real force at rugby. I imagine he might have played the game at school. But more money in HW boxing and he's pretty good at it too.

If Thomas and Jefferies ran 10sec dead for 100 yards that would be the equivalent of 10.93 for 100m. 100 yards equals 91.44m. Joshuas 100m time would equate to 10.54 for 100 yards.

Back