Could you aid a murderer?

Bay Area

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
So let's say a Hannibal Lector type serial killer offers you a job. The job is to drive him to a "victim's" house, once a month. You are to drive him to a location, wait outside while he commits his henious atc, and drive him home.

Hannibal is a billionaire, and he will pay you a salary of $300,000, full benifits, 401k, stock options, vacation. You will be employed under his company, so everything is legal. He will give you a luxery car of your choice, and also buy you a 5 bedroom house, fully paid for, under your name. The job is a contract for 5 years, with the option of extention after the 5 years.

Notes:

You never have to come into work, or do any work for that matter, other than drive him once a month. The rest of the month is yours. The drives are about 15 minutes to and from. The waits outside the house average 1 hour.

You will never get in trouble with the law. Hannibal has judges and politicians in his pocket.

You cannot break the contract. If you do, he will spare no expense to have you killed, if your reason for breaking it is unsatisfactory.

He tells you up front that the purpose of the job is to drive him to a location, so he can commit murder. You will more than likely hear about his crimes the following day in the news. He likes to brag about what he is going to do, on the rides over to the houses

He tells you that if you turn down his offer, he will more than likely retire from being a serial killer.

Will you take the job?

Intelligently discuss.

hanniballecter.jpg

I don't want to have that kind of lifestyle that all that money would afford, so no.

Very well thought out concept. I'm too tired to intelligently discuss it with you, but for obvious moral reasons my answer is a confident and resounding no.

Maybe if I could screen his victims or choose them myself so I could use him in a vigilante type manner, but other than that, no.

tough choice. if it weren't for him bragging about his kills, it would be an easy yes for me. i don't think i'd be able to live with graphic images in my head, though. it's not a morality thing, more like it would lead to me having psychological damage

said serial killer would kill you for having knowledge of his crimes. so no.

a serial killer wouldn't quit because he couldn't find a chauffeur, nor would he trust a stranger with his dark secret, nor would he let you live after you learned about his plans and turned him down.

if this is merely a moral question, then no, I wouldn't help him murder people for any amount, let alone $300k.

Ummm, what you describe is not legal anywhere, despite what you claim.

As a sworn LEO, no I would obviously not do it.

No way. Imagine if you were a few minutes late to pick up the Dr. He would eat your face off before you could get him to the destination. Imagine the Dr. on a snickers commercial, the part before he gets to eat a snickers bar.

What if i murdered him and stole his identity?

Given the scenario, there really is no downside considering you would never get in legal trouble

So yeah probably, that's good money for once a month.

a serial killer wouldn't quit because he couldn't find a chauffeur, nor would he trust a stranger with his dark secret, nor would he let you live after you learned about his plans and turned him down.

if this is merely a moral question, then no, I wouldn't help him murder people for any amount, let alone $300k.

Considering the detail put into the scenario.. I'm pretty sure this is just a moral question.

No way. Imagine if you were a few minutes late to pick up the Dr. He would eat your face off before you could get him to the destination. Imagine the Dr. on a snickers commercial, the part before he gets to eat a snickers bar.

Then don't be late? Lol.

Not the serial killer in my Op. He doesn't care if you know his secret. He is above the law.

So let's say a Hannibal Lector type serial killer offers you a job. The job is to drive him to a "victim's" house, once a month. You are to drive him to a location, wait outside while he commits his henious atc, and drive him home.

Hannibal is a billionaire, and he will pay you a salary of $300,000, full benifits, 401k, stock options, vacation. You will be employed under his company, so everything is legal. He will give you a luxery car of your choice, and also buy you a 5 bedroom house, fully paid for, under your name. The job is a contract for 5 years, with the option of extention after the 5 years.

Notes:

You never have to come into work, or do any work for that matter, other than drive him once a month. The rest of the month is yours. The drives are about 15 minutes to and from. The waits outside the house average 1 hour.

You will never get in trouble with the law. Hannibal has judges and politicians in his pocket.

You cannot break the contract. If you do, he will spare no expense to have you killed, if your reason for breaking it is unsatisfactory.

He tells you up front that the purpose of the job is to drive him to a location, so he can commit murder. You will more than likely hear about his crimes the following day in the news. He likes to brag about what he is going to do, on the rides over to the houses

He tells you that if you turn down his offer, he will more than likely retire from being a serial killer.

Will you take the job?

Intelligently discuss.

hanniballecter.jpg

only if he promises that no girl will ever friend zone me.

Back