Could XFC be in trouble?

Leek

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
From XFC President John Prisco's facebook page:

I'm gonna be letting everyone know exactly what is going on with the Promotion XFC. To fighters and fans you will know shortly and I promise I will be 100% honest in my assessment , more information coming shortly. The fighters and fans as well as media will be aware of what the future holds for the company very soon .

https://www.facebook.com/john.prisco.5?fref=nf

This was posted a little while after Scott Holtzman announced he was signed by the UFC. They have announced they have a card coming soon but no specific date or location given. 2 champions have so far walked away & the other 2 haven't fought in almost a year. Maybe a possibility they phase out the US side of their business for Brazil.

I havent even noticed but it seems they are doing way more international events in Brazil and focusing on that instead of US.

now that I think of it doesnt Sapo Santos get all those head kick KO's in XFC Brazil shows?

Maybe they got a better tv deal in Brazil.

I havent even noticed but it seems they are doing way more international events in Brazil and focusing on that instead of US.

now that I think of it doesnt Sapo Santos get all those head kick KO's in XFC Brazil shows?

Maybe they got a better tv deal in Brazil.

That's the case. They were with AXS but they terminated their contract last year. I feel like something happened that prevented them from doing shows in the US. Money constraints perhaps. I hope their next US show isn't cancelled because they have yet to announce a date for it.

XFC 28 is/was supposed to be this fall at the USF Sun Dome in Tampa, FL. Things were put on hold, but I hope for the best.

I tried to get into XFCi, butI'm not their demographic.

My guess is that the deal with "3D" TV people or whatever fell through. In a perfect world they would be on Showtime.

XFC 28 is/was supposed to be this fall at the USF Sun Dome in Tampa, FL. Things were put on hold, but I hope for the best.

I tried to get into XFCi, butI'm not their demographic.

My guess is that the deal with "3D" TV people or whatever fell through. In a perfect world they would be on Showtime.

There are other orgs that are much better and should be on SHowtime instead of them.

I'd put ROC, CFFC, RFA, Legacy. But Showtime isnt getting back into mma.

There are other orgs that are much better and should be on SHowtime instead of them.

I'd put ROC, CFFC, RFA, Legacy. But Showtime isnt getting back into mma.

This weekends card has no business on Showtime.

This weekends card has no business on Showtime.

Their show after is much better. They're just putting on that weak card because they bought xfe and expanded in to central/west penn. Their shows will continue to improve in that market.

XFC was a solid regional show but there'll always be plenty of similar promotions popping up to take their place. A few years ago you didn't know what promotions like RFA or LegacyFC and they've both produced a lot of good talent for the big shows. If XFC drops by the way side there'll be other promotions in their general part of the country that will provide a place for young fighters to get their first big shots in.

I missed XFC and so glad it is returning stateside after being purchased by a group headed by CEO Steve Smith and President Myron Molotky. GREAT NEWS

Not only is the promotion returning to North America, but does so with a deal with the NBC Sports Network to broadcast live events, starting on November 11 with XFC 43.

All XFC events will fall under one of three categories, which are “Young Guns” for up and coming talent, “Tournament Series” for one night tournaments and “Super Fights” featuring the best talent in the promotion facing each other.

I missed XFC and so glad it is returning stateside after being purchased by a group headed by CEO Steve Smith and President Myron Molotky. GREAT NEWS

Not only is the promotion returning to North America, but does so with a deal with the NBC Sports Network to broadcast live events, starting on November 11 with XFC 43.

All XFC events will fall under one of three categories, which are “Young Guns” for up and coming talent, “Tournament Series” for one night tournaments and “Super Fights” featuring the best talent in the promotion facing each other.
That’s a time buy. Just like the new nbc boxing deal. With ring city

I saw their tryouts, not good.

That’s a time buy. Just like the new nbc boxing deal.

I saw their tryouts, not good
----
Starting out again from almost scratch will do that. But missed their women fights got hooked on women MMA watching their shows.

With good money behind them and a platform to showcase their events, they should be great again.

----
Starting out again from almost scratch will do that. But missed their women fights got hooked on women MMA watching their shows.

With good money behind them and a platform to showcase their events, they should be great again.

I hope all the best for them. But if you go in to their public records. They only have 25k as a Public company. Also buying time on a Wednesday for me is a sign that they don’t have the deep pockets to buy prime time hours on nbcsn, which are for Fridays and Saturday a 150k investment for 2 hours. So they are securing tv money, they are betting on sponsors. Again I hope they can re enter the market successfully but is not a clear picture imo.

Last edited:
Back