Could Weidman beat

Weidman would crush him IMO, Palhares would have a subs chance here

Could Cain Velasquez beat Todd Duffee?

Just a fun matchup I was thinking of.

Banworthy.

After seeing Shields beat Palhares on the ground, it's hard not to see Weidman doing the same.. without getting caught of course.

Mate why didn't you put the name in the title, god I hate it when jerks do that.

"Look at myyyyy thread look at meeeeee"

Could the reigning UFC MW champion who beat Anderson Silva twice and every other contender since, beat a guy who isn't even in the UFC anymore and lost to Lombard, Belcher and Marquardt?

I don't know, could Jon Jones beat Wanderlei Silva? Is that the next question?

Ouch.

alanbelcherpoundsrousimarpalhares-ufconfox3-cut.gif

Yeah, Belcher derailed him hard. Still, tapping Shields is an enormous accomplishment, even with all the fouls.

Yeah, Belcher derailed him hard. Still, tapping Shields is an enormous accomplishment, even with all the fouls.

That's true and it is impressive but I really think he wouldn't have if Shields didn't lose his cool from the eye gouging, he was fully in control up to that point.

He could easily do what Lombard did.

He could also probably win by GnP most of the time. Palhares doesn't exactly hang in there when he's getting hit like some of Weidman's best opponents.

I know it's not cool to say that someone is good at BJJ because of strength and not because of their stellar technique, but it happens quite often. Even though he can hang with grappling elites on the mat, he doesn't have anything even close to that level of technique. He makes up for it with ridiculous strength.
You gonna keep your elbows tucked in? He'll just yank your arm out.
You gonna turn your hips? He'll just flatten you out using his strength.
You gonna try to roll when he traps your ankle/foot? LOL, he's squeezing it so tight and quickly, you can't.
Guys like Lombard, Belcher, and Nate are very strong guys who know enough to avoid Palhares's game. Weidman can do it too.

What amazes me is that Dan Miller went 15 minutes without even being in danger of being submitted. And he almost KO'd Palhares after the premature celebration as well.
Miller could have actually won that fight. And Palhares is considerably physically stronger than Miller.

Toquinho would put Weidman in the hospital. Weidman does not want that fight. Toquinho WANTS to go to the ground so Weidman is of no threat.

He could easily do what Lombard did.

He could also probably win by GnP most of the time. Palhares doesn't exactly hang in there when he's getting hit like some of Weidman's best opponents.

I know it's not cool to say that someone is good at BJJ because of strength and not because of their stellar technique, but it happens quite often. Even though he can hang with grappling elites on the mat, he doesn't have anything even close to that level of technique. He makes up for it with ridiculous strength.
You gonna keep your elbows tucked in? He'll just yank your arm out.
You gonna turn your hips? He'll just flatten you out using his strength.
You gonna try to roll when he traps your ankle/foot? LOL, he's squeezing it so tight and quickly, you can't.
Guys like Lombard, Belcher, and Nate are very strong guys who know enough to avoid Palhares's game. Weidman can do it too.

What amazes me is that Dan Miller went 15 minutes without even being in danger of being submitted. And he almost KO'd Palhares after the premature celebration as well.
Miller could have actually won that fight. And Palhares is considerably physically stronger than Miller.

Horn also gave Palhares a tough time on the ground (mounting him and having him in an arm triangle) and Horn was probably the least physical fighter in the ufc at the time (but has fantastic technique)

Could the reigning UFC MW champion who beat Anderson Silva twice and every other contender since, beat a guy who isn't even in the UFC anymore and lost to Lombard, Belcher and Marquardt?

I don't know, could Jon Jones beat Wanderlei Silva? Is that the next question?

Thanks for summing this up better than I could, but I'll give it a shot.

Paul Harris couldn't even beat Shields without eye gouging him, how the hell is he gonna beat the best MW in the world?

The fight goes whereever Weidman wants it to go. Personally, I have Weidman by (T)KO either from standing or just pulping him like Vitor.

Toquinho would put Weidman in the hospital. Weidman does not want that fight. Toquinho WANTS to go to the ground so Weidman is of no threat.

Lol no.

Weidman would fuck that cheating retard's shit up.

Back