Could we see Dos Santos - Hunt?

Cotex

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
The current lay of the HW landscape allows for the possibility of this matchup, I think. It would be great for the fans and it either puts JDS 1 fight from a title fight ( or better), or puts Hunt directly in line for a shot.

Thoughts?

It seems even MORE winnable for Hunt now that we've seen JDS get dropped from strikes.

It seems even MORE winnable for Hunt now that we've seen JDS get dropped from strikes.

Definitely... JDS looked the worst we've seen him last night, but I think it was because Cain looked great. I could be wrong though.

Really? I feel the exact opposite. JDS' reach would keep hunt on the outside, I think, allowing him to pick him apart.

Pretty much this, and as bad as Junior's cardio looked Hunt's is worse. Hunt does have a chance though, he's a quality striker. Would be a fun fight.

Imagine if Hunt climbed into the top 5, he's already one of the most loved fighters around.

I would much rather see JDS/Hunt than Cain/Hunt

Junior wouldn't be worried about the takedown. The hands would fly and Hunt would be in trouble. It would look like a closer version of JDS-Big Country.

This is a fight I could get behind. But just please give me the Barnett-Mir fight I've been begging for for the last 5 years.

Funny thing is about this fight, if it was for the belt, I'd want Hunt to win.
No belt on the line, I want JDS to win.

Pretty much this, and as bad as Junior's cardio looked Hunt's is worse. Hunt does have a chance though, he's a quality striker. Would be a fun fight.

Imagine if Hunt climbed into the top 5, he's already one of the most loved fighters around.

I agree he definitely has the puncher's chance, and it would be an amazing co-main event on a ppv , or a great free fight. Fireworks would be guaranteed.

No that fight would be ugly the only thing we'll be seeing is a lot of JDS going for the TD no chance he'll want to go about standing with Hunt.

This is a fight I could get behind. But just please give me the Barnett-Mir fight I've been begging for for the last 5 years.

Also agreat proposed fight. Have an all HW card with those two matchups, Cain-Overeem/ Silva winner, Werdum- Struve, Big Big Country- Carwin or Travis Browne.

I've been hoping for this for quite some time. Hunt beats JDS standing.

That would be a terrific fight for Hunt, not such a great one for JDS. As excellent a striker as Hunt is, he's the only non-top 5 guy I see as having a chance at JDS, while JDS is the only top 5 guy I see Hunt as having a chance of beating. If I were Hunt I'd beg for this fight but if I were JDS I'd try for someone lower risk, higher reward.

JDS vs Hunt would look nothing like JDS vs Cain since JDS would not forget about his defense due to being afraid of a takedown.

But I would give Hunt a chance since he has a lot of strength and his striking is just as good, if not better.

Great fight. Hunt just better have a good plan against Struve or it may NEVER happen.

Back