Could we get a ban on advertising?

RJ Green

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
There's a lot of quality stuff out there, but I'm sure we could all share it among ourselves?

It's great we get 'real grapplers' posting on here, it's not-so-great when 3/4 of what they're posting is some tired-ass bullshit DVD set or link to their youtube videos.

Either that or you guys should start charging every time someone makes a thread.

It could be a problem one day but I don't think it's gotten to an annoying point yet.

If it became too much at some point I'm sure it could easily be handled by creating a specific subforum for it.

There's a lot of quality stuff out there, but I'm sure we could all share it among ourselves?

It's great we get 'real grapplers' posting on here, it's not-so-great when 3/4 of what they're posting is some tired-ass bullshit DVD set or link to their youtube videos.

Either that or you guys should start charging every time someone makes a thread.

just don't click on the link. None of us pay to be on the forums, it's a free service from sherdog, it doesn't really bother me much

There is already a ban. I leave some of the higher quality material in place when it's from posters who are respectful and don't spam the forum. E.g., Kesting, Scully, Gerbil.

Danthewolfman, on the other hand, I've been leaving because I think in small doses he adds a nice comic value to the forum, although he has been spamming too much recently and I need to start deleting some of them.

It is a balancing act, and I agree that it needs a bit more policing. Currently there is a sort of unholy confluence that is clogging up the main page.

i think people just shit to help their blogs or fb is worse, not calling out sbj on this or anything

At least the Syndicate DVD ads are gone.

XOK8E.png

Most of the content posted here by pros/instructors is valuable to the forum. As long as the content is free, without overt solicitation, and posted in a way that is designed to educate/instruct, I'm all for it. If content is hidden or teased with an obvious intent to divert traffic to some personal commercial enterprise, that's a totally different story and IS against forum rules. I certainly do not feel that most of the regular contributors to instructional content on this forum are even close to the line where I get concerned about rules violations. I think most of them are dedicated grapplers and teachers who enjoy sharing their knowledge. If they get some street cred, public recognition, and extra gym or youtube traffic because of it, so be it.

i guess i should have said soliciting or something so as to not misconstrue legitimate instructionals with self-promotion. F12 is lucky to have as much legit, free content and discussion from overqualified folks as we do, so it's even more grating when people are posting and bumping as a blatant cash grab.

except wolfman. that's just hilarious. now that einarr is gone i don't even know what else we're supposed to do...

i guess i should have said soliciting or something so as to not misconstrue legitimate instructionals with self-promotion. F12 is lucky to have as much legit, free content and discussion from overqualified folks as we do, so it's even more grating when people are posting and bumping as a blatant cash grab.

except wolfman. that's just hilarious. now that einarr is gone i don't even know what else we're supposed to do...

I think it was his seminar link which nobody commented in and Dan kept posting a new video every couple of days to bump it.

Then after about three or four he just said 'Happy new year' and bumped it again. His combat grappling thread was the best but I think that got deleted from f12.

Edit: Here they are, guest appearance from Einnar too 'Free turd! Get it while it's still warm!' lol

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f12/happy-holidays-my-1st-mma-catch-seminar-free-right-here-2891911/

And the one that got deleted from f12:

http://forums.sherdog.com/forums/f11/learn-amazing-takedown-cage-wall-combatives-defense-stuff-thought-somestrikerslike-2910275/

Last edited:
o that reminds me, if anyone is looking for a decent gym to train MMA, BJJ, Wrestling, Kick Boxing or whatever in the Lincolnshire/Yorkshire area give me a pm! New gym has opened ;)

Just don't open the thread, dummy!
And FREE EINARR!!

Last edited:
I don't think 10 posts from Dan a week where he shows his work is less valuable to me than 20 posts celebrating Einnar talking about his feelings.

So which gentleman/scholar will be the one to split the difference between the high quality content I've come to expect from contributes to a free forum and simple self promotion (which Jason, Stephen, Jeremy, Holt, Roy...) do none of?

I support Sherdog grappling becoming a blog where only certified badasses are allowed to start threads and all comments are invisible until approved.

Last edited:
I don't think 10 posts from Dan a week where he shows his work is less valuable to me than 20 posts celebrating Einnar talking about his feelings.

So which gentleman/scholar will be the one to split the difference between the high quality content I've come to expect from contributes to a free forum and simple self promotion (which Jason, Stephen, Holt, Ari, Roy...) do none of?

Whoa whoa whoa there.

Don't go putting Ari's name anywhere near those dudes.

Back