Could Volk (5’6”) make 135??

Rebel_LioN

Silver Belt
@Silver
Reaction score
I would love to see him go down and fight everyone at bantamweight.

Do you guys think anyone could give him trouble at 135? He and Peter Yan would make a solid fight.

I have the same respect for Volk as I did with Frankie Edgar back in the day because he and Frankie both always fought taller and bigger opponents.

Not healthily imo.
Volkanovski isn't that muscular in relation to his frame, he's just got wide ribcage and super thick bones.

People need to realize that when you go down, the fighters get faster and tend to be able to compete at an even higher pace.

Cejudo beats him at 135 and 145
spit-take.gif

Well played sir that was hilarious.

Height does not always dictate weight class. 5'6" Frankie could make 135, but 5'6" Sherk would die making 145 and 5'6" Chad Mendes is too swole for 135. 5'6" Volk is wide with buff Orangutan arms; he also can't make 135.

I would love to see him go down and fight everyone at bantamweight.

Do you guys think anyone could give him trouble at 135? He and Peter Yan would make a solid fight.

I have the same respect for Volk as I did with Frankie Edgar back in the day because he and Frankie both always fought taller and bigger opponents.

He weighs 165lbs on fight night at FW and there's few guys heavier than him in that division. He's short, yes, but he's a tank and his reach and ability to fight long with kicks makes up for it. There's no reason for him to even attempt to make 135lbs. If anything, he'd move up for a super fight.

Back