Could Velasquez Become Heavyweight GOAT?

In time perhaps, he is on his way to the top as we speak. Of course if he loses tonight everyone will say he is just overrated like they always do.

You arent even capable of correctly naming Fedors opponents, so go back in line and climb up the knowledge ladder before anything else.

lol, Im naming them all just fine man. If you mean spelling, yeah, might be a missing or wrong letter here or there, but the guys are spot on.

Ive watched all his fights except for the 3 Russian rings matches at least once, if not two or 3 or more times. You should do the same.

He is the best hw ever, and top 2 or 3, if not 1, all time, but he took easy fights and didn't defend his title nearly enough. This is true. Don't be mad.

Get on the ladder baby, Im on the fuckin rocket!

Edit: If anyone knows where to watch those Rings Russia fights, in box me! Curious to see them, high quality appreciated but not needed, ha!

Last edited:
lol, Im naming them all just fine man. If you mean spelling, yeah, might be a missing or wrong letter here or there, but the guys are spot on.

Ive watched all his fights except for the 3 Russian rings matches at least once, if not two or 3 or more times. You should do the same.

Get on the ladder baby!

If you don't even know who I meant...lol

Fugita? Fajita? Choi Hung Man? You sure know your MMA...

Werdum
Barnett
Cormier
Hunt
Overeem

Those are some guys Fedor didn't even get to fight. Werdum also beat Fedor.

Fedor fought Hunt

Barnett screwed their fight by pissing hot

Overeem off roids probably would have gotten KTFO'd (his defense is pretty bad and that chin doesn't hold up against the haymakers a guy like Fedor threw though for the first three minutes it could be bad for Fedor).

Cormier would've been a very interesting fight.

Yes its absolutely essential we all know Hong Man's proper name as he was such a big boost to his ledger right!?!?!

Do you think Fedor forced that fight?

Have a thought crossed your mind that somehow someway the organization was catering to the fans? Do you know that Japanese fans wanted to see freak shows, humans that are different from the norm in terms of weight and height? Yes and you can even say that black peopel are away from the Japanese norm like Rampage said about his first fights and how he was looked at by the Japanese fans.

Beside that, Hong Man Choi was a somewhat decent K1 fighter and won some fights (some of them with the help of the judges to get him to the 16 men tournament for TV ratings in Japan).

It's hard to beat Fedor who barely fought top 5 opponents. UFC champs have to fight them pretty much every time they have a defense.

Do you think Fedor forced that fight?

Have a thought crossed your mind that some how some way organization is catering to the fans? Do you know that Japanese fans wanted to see freak show, humans that are different from the norm in terms of weight and height? Yes and you can even say that black peopel are away from the Japanese norm like Rampage said about his first fights and how he was looked at by the Japanese fans.

Beside that, Hong Man Choi was a someway decent K1 fighter and won some fights (some of them with the help of the judges to get him to the 16 men tournament for TV ratings in Japan).
Wtf are you even talking about???

So because Japanese fans like seeing a big stiff idiot being lead to slaughter means it's a legacy enhancer?

no.

Fedor is the GOAT for sure. But Cain has the tools to be the GOAT, oneday. He has alot of years left and he could definately do it, and if he wins tonight thats and then retains the belt for a timelength like GSP or Anderson then yes he will be the GOAT.

Are we still going to argue about Fedor's legacy? Though I don't see any real Fedor hate on here. All the belligerents were short term I guess.

As far as comparing divisions, I hear some people on here claim Pride had prime Nog, Barnett, and Werdum...

Werdum is in his prime now, Barnett is finally back in the UFC and doesn't look too bad for the years, Nog is old but still a good fighter, and then you have guys like Cormier who I wonder if Fedor could EVER have beat. This Heavyweight Division is the best MMA HW division ever. I think Velasquez IS like a young hungry Fedor so; he should be pretty dominant, though he has massive, skilled, determined Heavyweights in his division that Fedor just never had to really worry about, like Bigfoot and dos Santos. Not that I don't think "Prime Fedor" wouldn't have put Bigfoot down like Cormier did.

I never bought the "new breed" of giant HW's were too much for smaller faster HWs and Cain is proving that again today. Could he go undefeated for a decade? Yeah but I seriously doubt it. Not only that, but I don't think he has to in order to eclipse Fedor's record. To do that I just want to see him dominate his division for a good three or four years. That would be something! If he beats Barnett, Werdum, the next up and comer (maybe Jon Jones), and continues to do so in exciting fashion (remember, Fedor was exciting!), then he should take his place along Fedor in the GOAT discussion.

If he beats JDS and manages to defend a few more times he'll be on his way

So what was the point of that rant? Or is all you have, pointing out the improper spelling of a no name fighter as grounds of MMA knowledge ???

What is your point of accusing me of something - which you know I did not write - and I calling you on it why you are asking what my point is?

My first post in this thread was about your initial post how you compare fighters in different points of their careers to make an argument for Cain being HW GOAT. This argument is flawed, because the win over the consensus No 1 in Big Nog in 2003 is different to the Big Nog of 2010. Very different.

Are we still going to argue about Fedor's legacy? Though I don't see any real Fedor hate on here. All the belligerents were short term I guess.

As far as comparing divisions, I hear some people on here claim Pride had prime Nog, Barnett, and Werdum...

Werdum is in his prime now, Barnett is finally back in the UFC and doesn't look too bad for the years, Nog is old but still a good fighter, and then you have guys like Cormier who I wonder if Fedor could EVER have beat. This Heavyweight Division is the best MMA HW division ever. I think Velasquez IS like a young hungry Fedor so; he should be pretty dominant, though he has massive, skilled, determined Heavyweights in his division that Fedor just never had to really worry about, like Bigfoot and dos Santos. Not that I don't think "Prime Fedor" wouldn't have put Bigfoot down like Cormier did.

I never bought the "new breed" of giant HW's were too much for smaller faster HWs and Cain is proving that again today. Could he go undefeated for a decade? Yeah but I seriously doubt it. Not only that, but I don't think he has to in order to eclipse Fedor's record. To do that I just want to see him dominate his division for a good three or four years. That would be something! If he beats Barnett, Werdum, the next up and comer (maybe Jon Jones), and continues to do so in exciting fashion (remember, Fedor was exciting!), then he should take his place along Fedor in the GOAT discussion.

Great Post and thanks for this. This is hardly a Fedor hate thread as I have all of his Pride DVDs and a signed Card from the LEAF collection of him.

What is your point of accusing me of something - which you know I did not write - and I calling you on it why you are asking what my point is?

My first post in this thread was about your initial post how you compare fighters in different points of their careers to make an argument for Cain being HW GOAT. This argument is flawed, because the win over the consensus No 1 in Big Nog in 2003 is different to the Big Nog of 2010. Very different.

Your firrst post was a good one. It would've been easier to take you more seriously if you didn't lower yourself to point out the improper spelling of a fighter's name though when really I'm sure you knew who he meant.

No need to make things personal.

Fedor fans are the same people that say Big Nog was washed up when Cain fought him but count Mark Coleman as a top tier win for Fedor.

Nope i don't see how ppl think cain did better in his win over JDS then JDS win against cain. He put cain to sleep, cain floored JDS but couldn't finish him. He endured an ass whoopin cuz he refused to be finished, unlike mr valasquez who was put to sleep in the first. JDS surprised me n how durable he was and how much of a tank he had especially after being rocked. JDS lost that fight because he didn't respect cain's power plain and simple. He's used to eating punches look at all his fights, i think it got to his head and may of gotten to over confident in his jaw wont happen again. If he doesn't knock out cain its gunna look alot like his fights with big country and carwin. Where he stayed on the outside stuffed takedowns and tee off on the feet and yes folk he can stop cains takedowns, even after he was rocked he did a dam good job against one of the strongest wrestlers in the division

Back