Could use some help with Windows 10 and a mini computer

Loiosh

Plutonium Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
I have a Terryza mini computer that had to be reformatted.

There's no audio output to my television via HDMI when I try and watch movies.

The only audio output displayed is USB.

I've already updated drivers and as far as I know nothing is hidden.

Help?

Audio%2BOutput%2B-%2BDVC%2BMNGR.jpg

has to be a driver, did you check the manufacturers website to see what drivers are available for the model you have. maybe there is a separate hdmi output driver, or chipset driver. im assuming it being a mini the hdmi output is on the motherboard itself and not a separate vga card, so id definitely look into the manufacturers drivers available for the mini model/motherboard you have.

M>aybe its thirsty ggive it some wayer?

in these situations its usually best to reset the hotdog sensor first.

With monitor and computer both on, unplug and replug HDMI? Had to do that with iPod Touch and HDMI adapter a few times recently since Disney+ froze on the HDTV.

Does this particular HDMI support audio out? In some older units they did not

tv.JPG

Check those things.. make sure the sound is directed to your tv through your hdmi cable..

Have you tried right clicking the audio icon on the task bar and using the troubleshoot sound problems option? The previous set of realtek audio drivers wouldn't work for me after an update and neither would rolling back to even earlier drivers; I ran the troubleshooter and Windows identified some "Realtek Software Components" that I needed and downloaded them.

Something was still off because the speakers had a different name in the OS than normal, but everything at least worked.

If I have two identical machines and one of them has the drivers I need, can I copy them over?

Back