Could UFC make an example out of Jon Jones

I think that there is a method to jones madness and that madness is likely him wanting the "biggest contract in mma" and I'm fine with that goal

As for the UFC making and example..sure ghead UFC. They won't but it would be a historic thing in mma to see.

Lol at the UFC "firing" Tito. It was a little more significant on both sides

Implying that Ben Askren has proven himself to anything close to the level of Jones.

Implying that Ben Askren is definitely one of the best WWs in the world and Dana didn't give two shits about trying to sign him.

LHW tourney and strip Jones...Give him gatekeeper treatment and no #1 contender bouts until he grows up would suit me fine! Have a real man as champ...

This will be the chain of events once the UFC has decided they've had enough of his antics:

1) They strip him of the belt and the ppv cuts.

2) If he's still not willing to fight the new champion, they'll stick him in the prelims and let him fight out his contract against promising prospects while the new champ builds a name for himself (this will happen quickly once DC and Alex fight each other).

3) Dana turns up the volume. Calls him a coward and a duckard and reminds everyone about how outspoken he was about his dirty eyepoking techniques which btw, was the only reason he ever won a single fight. He suspects letting Jon know that he was serious about coming down hard on the cheating is one of the many many reasons he chose to tap out and leave with his tail between his legs. And seriously, who didn't see Gustafsson kick the shit out of him? Dana vividly remembers Jon laying on the stretcher with blood coming out of his eyes, ears, mouth and nose; kicking and screaming and praying to God; while Gustafsson was doing sprints up and down the corridor looking for Jon so he could finish the job.

4) Jon leaves for Bellator to fight a now 50 years old Tito for scraps. One or two journos dares to question Dana's decision but are quickly shut down: "Jon Jones?! You mean the dirty dirty scumbag guy who wouldn't defend his belt? Who is he fighting? Tito fucking Ortiz is who he is fighting!! When we cut Tito he'd won one fucking time in his last eight fucking fights!!"

5) Jon's fans tries to make him a martyr but the sharks are all over them, trolling them so hard a Jones fangirl is dying by the ban hammer every minute or so. Those who remain on Sherdog are demoted from the heavies to Worldwide MMA Discussion, where they rage 24/7 out of sight out of mind.

6) Jon loses his first fight.

7) End of career.

Last edited:
because they cant make him do what they want...remember UFC 151?

If that situation comes around again, I think the UFC will keep the event, strip Jones of the title and have two other guys fight for the belt at the event.

Jones got away with it once. He will not be able to make a practice of it.

He's a selfish, materialistic legacy guy. Once it looks like his long title reign could be interrupted, he may reconsider.

And how the fuck would they justify that? By saying he won't fight a man he already defeated.

For not fighting the #1 contender. Boxing champs have been stripped for not making a mandatory defense many times.

haha typical sherdog emotional female type who is actually a male

Implying that Ben Askren is definitely one of the best WWs in the world and Dana didn't give two shits about trying to sign him.

You don't know how to use the "implying" statements... lol.

But anyway, you could say that Ben Askren is definitely one of the best and some people would take it as true but it would still not compare to the statement that Jon Jones is and should remain the undisputed champ at LHW barring his losing a fight or going inactive for a long ass time. Ben Askren has dominated a significantly lower tier organization, sort of like Jake Shields did. Jake Shields was given a shot in the UFC and he proved that he was good but not nearly as good as he looked coming in. Jon Jones has already dominated at the very highest level. It's a bit difficult to say that the Askren situation would be comparable to dropping Jones below someone else in the rankings without it being based on the outcome of a fight. I mean, seriously.

They would lose more money cutting jones, then if they just paid him more.

re the Tito analogy, Tito flat our refused to fight the clear number 1 contender for an extended period of time. And the UFC didn't do anything to him other than set up a mini-tournament (which was effectively derailed when Randy upset Tito). Then they kept working with Tito (including 2 stints on TUF) for years after that even after he stopped winning fights. Doesn't sound like much downside to me.

Personally, I want to see Jones fight both Gus and DC. I don't really care which one is first.

I think that this is just contract stuff. The UFC has set up a system where their fighters are independent contractors. Yet Dana seems confused whenever these guys don't do exactly what he wants.

I don't like "champions picking their fights". But Dana seemed to feel that giving Chael Sonnen a title fight at 205 made a lot of sense. Jones seems to think giving DC a title shot makes sense.

I guess I have to say that Jones seems the more credible of the two

i don't want them to fire him. but i wouldn't mind it.

This HAS GOT to be the dumbest OP I've seen in a long time.

Just make an example and strip the title.

thumbnail_31607.jpg

Wow...this OP is just,wow...

Fuck thinking right?

Back