Could UFC make an example out of Jon Jones

They didn't cut A. Silva for ducking. I don't see why they should cut Jones.

Cut him, no.

They could strip him of the title or create an interm belt saying that Jones is rufusing to fight.

They would never allow the #1 p4p fighter in the world to go and dominate other organizations after all the scalps he has collected in the ufc. Dana could never realistically say UFC has the best fighter in the world.

Because that's what Dana cares about... it's why he went after Ben Askren so hard!

i wish people thought critically about things before posting them

A Brief Phone Conversation Between Bjorn and Jones

Bjorn: Welcome to Bellator Jones. We are very excited to have you and we have some great fights lined up.

Jones: You know me, Bjorn. I'll fight anyone, anywhere.

Bjorn: Great. You may not have heard about our latest roster coup, but we signed Gustaffson last week. We'd like to set up a bout between the two of you.

Jones: Alexander Gustaffson?

Bjorn: Yes. The fans are clamoring for a rematch. Our second PPV will be huge with you two as a main event!

Jones: ...

Bjorn: Jon?

Jones: I have always wanted to fight the best and prove myself. that is why i would rather fight Christian M'Pumbu.

LOL at this thread.

Did you grow up playing in the mud, TS? Your brain didn't evolve much since then.

A Brief Phone Conversation Between Bjorn and Jones

Bjorn: Welcome to Bellator Jones. We are very excited to have you and we have some great fights lined up.

Jones: You know me, Bjorn. I'll fight anyone, anywhere.

Bjorn: Great. You may not have heard about our latest roster coup, but we signed Gustaffson last week. We'd like to set up a bout between the two of you.

Jones: Alexander Gustaffson?

Bjorn: Yes. The fans are clamoring for a rematch. Our second PPV will be huge with you two as a main event!

Jones: ...

Bjorn: Jon?

Jones: I have always wanted to fight the best and prove myself. that is why i would rather fight Christian M'Pumbu.

M'Pumbu LMAO.
I think JBJ would of hung up once Gus' name got brought up and called WSOF claiming that Mike Kyle is a great competitor and he wants to challenge himself against the best.

I don't think that they would cut him. He's a valuable asset. But it seems that there are ways to force his hand so to speak.

At the end of the day he is their employee, under contract. If he's insubordinate or refuses to take the fights that the promoter wants him to take then he should be penalized.

I figure the worst thing they could do would be to strip him of his title and make him sit out the remainder of his contract. They could even potentially bring legal action against him.

But where's the money to be made in that course of action?

It's better to work with people and find a way to be profitable rather than be driven by ego and walk away with nobody happy.

I'm not a jones hater or fan but I literally would not care if they cut him. UFC has completely burnt me out I really only care about featherweight lightweight and welterweight. Call me crazy but I prefer to watch Nate Diaz,Bobby Green, Michael Johnson or Donald Cerrone type fighters more than Jones or some other "BiG Names"

Ronda is the Star, Jones is more like a quality co star.
No she's not. Even with her movies people still are interested in seeing JBJ fight rather than Ronda. The only people who think Ronda is great is Dana, other chicks who wanna be fighters, and thirsty dudes who think she's "hot". Ronda is a big fish in a little pond with like 3 other little fish (Miesha, McMann, and Davis). Ronda's notoriety is based off her looks, JBJ's notoriety is based off his fights. Need I say more.

No she's not. Even with her movies people still are interested in seeing JBJ fight rather than Ronda. The only people who think Ronda is great is Dana, other chicks who wanna be fighters, and thirsty dudes who think she's "hot". Ronda is a big fish in a little pond with like 3 other little fish (Miesha, McMann, and Davis). Ronda's notoriety is based off her looks, JBJ's notoriety is based off his fights. Need I say more.

Well seeing how Ronda could easily defeat Jones, I really dont see your point.

They could just put him on the bench for a while to teach him a lesson.

Cut him- No. But I could definitely see them yanking the strap.

Say he refuses to fight Gustafson, they could yank the strap and have Gustafson fight Cormier for the title. And make Johnny boy sit on the bench and fight either the loser of that fight or the winner of Rumble- Little Nog, with the winner of that getting a chance at the New Title holder.

the most marketable star in UFC atm has to be Chris Weidman, anyway no , UFC will never fire him, but they wont't bend over either for him, something tells me all this delaying and stalling is just to negotiate a better deal for himself...

it's gonna be DC now and Gus after, or Gus now and DC after, stop getting your panties in a bunch y'all.

The said thing is most people on Sherdog don't understand that the root of the fight game, promotions and contracts comes from boxing in it's current format.

Putting together fights is only easier for the UFC because its a glorified fight club vs a association.

Dana as a promoter only does whats in the best interest for the UFC. In Boxing you are clearly not going to work with a promoter that's going to screw you if you have other options.

Jones is forcing Dana to negotiate.

This just shows you there needs to be a fighters union and a accepted ranking system and match making.

I'm fine with UFC doing the promoting but controlling the ranking and match making is bullshit.

LOL at this thread.

Did you grow up playing in the mud, TS? Your brain didn't evolve much since then.

I don't know if you're making a Brazilian joke (which I'm not, born & raised in Cali)
It was a simple scenario I thought of. Decided to post and see everyone's reaction. Congratulations you contributed less then anyone else and provided us with a childish joke. Good for you buddy, you must be damn proud of yourself. Hope it made your day.

Well seeing how Ronda could easily defeat Jones, I really dont see your point.
Dude we all know Ronda will destroy JBJ. Having Ronda face JBJ will be a mismatch. Thank God for gender separation in the UFC.

Back