Could Tim Sylvia win the Bellator championship?

He could if he trained his way down to 250 lbs, but he's too lazy.

Can Sylvia even get motivated enough to make 265 anymore? He's a disgusting 300+ lbs. in his last several fights.

Not champ IMO! But better fighter than colossus and Prindle who will headline an event. For them

If Kongo couldn't win, how can Sylvia?

that's a pretty silly way to look at it, im pretty sure they would have different opponents...and that every fight is different...

No, I don't think so. Minakov would destroy him, in my opinion.

Of course, this is MMA, so you never know, but yeah.

He could compete in Bellator's HW division though, and win. I mean, if James Thompson can headline an event, anything's possible.

Sylvia vs. Thompson at Bellator's second PPV.

Sylvia vs. Thompson at Bellator's second PPV.

I think I'd take the Colossus at this point, simply based on him taking fighting seriously.

Sylvia is really just a rung or two above Bob Sapp right now in terms of his mental game.

I think he has the ability to be competitive, but I don't think he would win a tourney. After watching Abe Wagner destroy him, I kinda lost faith in the big fella.

I was just thinking since UFC pretty much has said they will never welcome Sylvia back, Do you think he has potential in Bellator? would he win the Strap or a Tourney? I mean everyone on here says Bellator has the weakest HW division so how bout it?? thoughts?

He'd probably be competitive against some guys, but I can't see him winning 3-4 straight.
The 1-trick, striker only guys might successfully blitz him, but he also might smother them for 15 minutes - cage or floor.

Even Prindle has a good chance against Sylvia nowadays (the amount of hate-ish that Prindle gets is really undeserved)

I think you're overrating Prindle and underrating Sylvia.
Prindle's tough as hell and fine on his feet, but can't keep a fight standing to save his life and Sylvia knows how to get to the ground. Good chance of a Sylvia - Pudz rerun.
If you're into the whole mmamath thing abe wagner got annihilated in bellator.

Well, yes, but you're also picking his worst outing in 5 years.
He's fought better guys than Wagner and done better since then, too.

Can Sylvia even get motivated enough to make 265 anymore? He's a disgusting 300+ lbs. in his last several fights.

Probably.
He fights at his normal walk weight (300-310) when he can get away with it.
Sometimes when he's tried to cut, he missed a bit (270-275). However, both fights went forward - and he probably knew that would be the case, so I'm not sure how hard he tried. In a case where he truly had to hit 266, I suspect he'd do better.

Last edited:
timmy at 265 not fat timmy 321 vs kongo ill watch

No. He would besmirch somebody like Prindle...and on a good day, maybe get to Lavar and Martinez but the Eastern Europeans would smash.

He's supposed to be in a 4 man tournament this summer - also w/ Wes Sims, Travis Fulton, & Jon Madsen.

Heard about this. If it actually goes down and he makes weight and wins then Bellator should pick him up. I've got Madsen though.

He fights at his normal walk weight (300-310) when he can get away with it.
Sometimes when he's tried to cut, he missed a bit (270-275). However, both fights went forward - and he probably knew that would be the case, so I'm not sure how hard he tried. In a case where he truly had to hit 266, I suspect he'd do better.

His last contracted heavyweight fight (also one of the biggest promotions he has been in outside of the UFC) he missed weight by six pounds. That is not "a bit".

Back