Could The Reebok Deal Be Beneficial To Really Bad Fighters?

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by Frank Edgar, Aug 2, 2015.

1. Frank Edgar

Frank Edgar Purple Belt

There are a few fighters who don't have any sponsors or their sponsors give them training gear or very little money. This is much more common in B-leagues outside the UFC, but if I'm not mistaken, Mac Danzig didn't have sponsors for his last fight.

Female fighters, I would also imagine, must get much less sponsorship opportunities outside of really attractive or popular females like Paige Van Zant or Meisha Tate.

For undercard brazilian fighters and such, would a guaranteed $2000 be better than looking for a sponsor on your own and having to probably split the earnings with a sports agent?

2. Culper

Culper White Belt

I have just not heard any fighters (besides the ones getting the big bucks) say that they are going to be making more money now.

3. Magooglie

Magooglie Steel Belt

Yes. Fighters who have crappy managers and are low on the rankings benefit from the Reebok deal. They also don't need to buy their own shorts and clothes anymore.

4. orangecuse

orangecuse Gold Belt

What do you mean bad fighter? Someone who will be cut in 2-3 fights tops and never return? Anyone who sticks on the roster will have gathered several sponsors over time.

5. juncito

juncito Brown Belt

It's been said that fans should vote with their dollars but Dana could make the fighters fight for free and everyone will still tune in. Personally I don't think we should even give as because even the fighters aren't speaking up. I love the sport and would like the fighters to be well taken care of but at the end of the day who REALLY cares?

6. Cake4Breakfast

Cake4Breakfast Gold Belt

Why don't you think the fighters are speaking up though? zuffa punishes guys who step out of line, forever.