Could that be considered a 12-6 elbow?

That KO deserves a moniker, a name like the H bomb on bisping, the rashadface and so on.

A name will appear in due time. Lookin forward to it!! As for me, I'm calling it........

The Zombie Elbow

TS, big John gives the diffinitive answer to this on Joe Rogan's podcast. He talks about a time he had to correct Herb Dean on it. 12-6 elbow literally means from straight up above the earth to straight down on your opponent, just like on the clock. There is actually nothing to debate here, it is not a 12-6 elbow. Since Big John wrote the rule I am going to go ahead and take his word for it

No because 12 to 6 combines the fighter's weight along with gravity to produce DBZ earth shaking destructive power.

A 6 to 12 has far less power due to having to overcome gravity without the assistance of the fighter's weight moving in the same direction as the elbow attack, therefore it's legal.

That KO deserves a moniker, a name like the H bomb on bisping, the rashadface and so on.

A name will appear in due time. Lookin forward to it!! As for me, I'm calling it........

The Zombie Elbow
By definition, it's an ass up faceplant elbow. Hard to recall another KO that resulted in ass up + faceplant.

Beautiful strike, probably one of the best elbow KO's of all time now, but taking into consideration Yair was basically inverted?

I'm leaning towards no, technically, because regardless of orientation the elbow didn't come from "straight up" to down. His hand was closer to the side of his own head before he delivered it.

But I won't be surprised if they ban this strike either. Again think about their positioning, hell imagine both guys are on the ground if you have to; it's a downward elbow strike towards the bottom of your opponent's exposed face/neck/chin. I'm glad to see the crumpled zombie be able to get back up again, honestly.

EDIT: "...under the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts, defined as "striking downwards using the point of the elbow" for all the clock warriors out there. Funny shit, for real! Anyways, the strike was away from the Earth sure, but if you're upside down, and your opponent is above you ... you can picture this, I promise.

3NovB.gif
If anything it's a 6-12 elbow. 12-6 would imply the strike was thrown downward. I'm certain you saw the strike and Im also certian you own a clock.

Beautiful strike, probably one of the best elbow KO's of all time now, but taking into consideration Yair was basically inverted?

I'm leaning towards no, technically, because regardless of orientation the elbow didn't come from "straight up" to down. His hand was closer to the side of his own head before he delivered it.

But I won't be surprised if they ban this strike either. Again think about their positioning, hell imagine both guys are on the ground if you have to; it's a downward elbow strike towards the bottom of your opponent's exposed face/neck/chin. I'm glad to see the crumpled zombie be able to get back up again, honestly.

EDIT: "...under the Unified Rules of Mixed Martial Arts, defined as "striking downwards using the point of the elbow" for all the clock warriors out there. Funny shit, for real! Anyways, the strike was away from the Earth sure, but if you're upside down, and your opponent is above you ... you can picture this, I promise.

3NovB.gif
Jeez, are you stupid, or what?

That elbow was clear as day 6:27 to 11:57.

Fucking mouth breathers...

Not illegal, Yair defied gravity and uppercut the fuck out of Zombie with an elbow that would get him KO of the Yair.

I like how Yair pretended he did that on purpose and it wasn't a random miracle.

Wait what time was it in Korea when the elbow happened? Ts may be on to something.

3NovB.gif
Damn that was beautiful

no that is a 6-12 elbow if anything

I agree with TS.

My phone has a clock but it just shows numbers. At exactly 12:06 I held my phone at an angle, and Yair's elbow looked illegal to me.

I've read more tarded shit on sherdog than this...but not much.

Back