Could Romero Be The GOAT Middleweight?

LockardTheGOAT

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
He's beaten everyone put in front of him except Robert Whittaker (and Whittaker himself is a beast, and it was a close fight anyway), and that includes names like Jacare, Weidman, and now Rockhold. What major name is there left at Middleweight other than avenging his loss to Whittaker? Mousasi is gone and Bisping is too scared to ever fight Yoel. There's a rematch with Jacare because of how close their first fight was, and obviously the aforementioned rematch with Whittaker, but otherwise Yoel already rules the roost.

To do what he does at his age is even more incredible. Could Yoel Romero be the Middleweight GOAT? Is there any Middleweight in history that you don't think he could beat? I believe he beats who everyone considers the MW GOAT, Anderson Silva, quite easily. He'd beat everyone Silva beat as well. Hell, he'd beat everyone that Silva lost to, too! He already destroyed the guy that ended Silva's reign and finished him twice, hahaha!

If he beats Robert, then he has a case.

If Rob beats him again, then you could also argue that Whittaker > Silva. (based on level of competition)

Their rematch is huge in the course of MW history

Last edited:
Impressive record. Has beat some of the best around. But the guy still has a way to go and already getting old. We will see in the Whitaker rematch...

His age will catch up to him first.

His run has been impressive and exciting to watch, but I just don’t think he would have enough time to seriously be considered in that conversation.

At this point in time I kind of view him a bit like I viewed Shane Carwin. A buzzsaw working their way up the division, but you wish they were younger because it sorta felt like it wouldn’t last.

It’ll sure be fun watching how it plays out though!

There's a possibility and lol at people saying his age will catch him, there are certain fighters in this woorld who were not affected by age based on their abilities.

GOAT cheater.

Anderson Silva has:

• Fight of the Night (Four times)
  • Submission of the Night (Two times)
  • Most Knockout of the Night Awards in the UFC (Seven times)
  • Most consecutive title defenses (10)
  • Most successful title defenses (10)
  • Most finishes in UFC title fights (9)
  • Most finishes in the UFC (14)
  • Most finishes in the UFC Middleweight division (10)
  • Most consecutive wins in the UFC (16)
  • Longest win streak in UFC history (16)
  • Highest significant strike accuracy in UFC (67.8%)
  • Most knockdowns landed in UFC History (17)

Romero is nowhere close to being MW GOAT.

You don't automatically become GOAT by being able to beat the GOAT, either. Has nothing to do with that.

Time is not on his side. Even if he beats Whitaker he would have to make several title defenses before you start talking about GOAT Middleweight

GOAT cheater.
tenor.gif

Anderson still has the much better resume. So it's anderson

Anderson Silva - 10 MW title defenses

Yoel Romero - 0 MW title wins

That is all

He'd have to cut his cock off and send it to USADA. Then, I'd go with their ruling and match him with cyborg.

Anderson

I do believe Romero would be in his top 3 hardest fights without question.

This forum is bonkers. Yoel's wins:

Fights a glass chin Rockhold who was 1-1 in his previous two fights, getting KO'd stiff in one and bounced around in the other.

Whittaker - young, strong, good streak - loses to him, gets rocked in this fight.

Weidman - was KO'd and beaten savagely for the first time in the fight before facing Yoel.

Jacare - should have been a draw.

Machida - coming off a stoppage loss where he has his shit pushed in before getting choked out.

Kennedy - cheated big time in this fight, several times - even got to take a longer rest than the other fighter.

His biggest wins are all against guys who were coming off huge losses.

As crazy as it seems that someone could surpass the great Anderson but if Yoel beats Whitaker he would definitely be in the conversation.

But that means you must start talking about Yoel being the goat aswell.

If Yoel beats Whitaker then we have the following in the goat conversation......

Anderson
Jones
Fedor
Aldo
Gsp
And now Romero

I think so. His failed test still rubs me the wrong way though.

I can't recognize Silva as GOAT cause I feel he's juiced throughout his career. He himself said that steroid users tend to be long term users.

Pretty early to put anybody above Anderson at this point, unless you wanna talk about steroids but then Yoel is disqualified too. Regardless though, Yoel is gonna have to pretty savagely avenge his loss to Whittaker before any GOAT talk could happen. Even if he does, he can't have very long left at the top. He's what, 42? He's a time bomb, and one day very soon that's gonna catch up and we'll see him get his shit stuffed in by some young hungry guy.

I thought he lost to Jacare and did lose to Whittaker who was injured. I'm going with Whittaker as greatest ATM. No one will do what Silva did so he's GOAT. Romero would be like 47 to even defend that much.

Back