Could Rampage's Throw Have Potentially KO'ed Or Injured Bader?

i1DKNjAlRpjfP.gif

Ha who are those two?

I want to watch the full fight. They could have ruined the Matt with that spiking and probably ruin the whole event lol

Ha who are those two?

I want to watch the full fight.

Two guys who competed on TUF 16. Josh Samman and Kevin Casey. Again this is not illegal because Kevin could have let go of the armbar to prevent landing on his head.

Two guys who competed on TUF 16. Josh Samman and Kevin Casey. Again this is not illegal because Kevin could have let go of the armbar to prevent landing on his head.

Thanks for the info I will look that up.

That's probably the worst way Bader could have landed.

That shit would blow most people's rotator cuffs right off.

Looked like a deliberate attempt to spike, which is illegal under the URMMA.

Looked like a deliberate attempt to spike, which is illegal under the URMMA.

Bader has to know how to protect himself in that position. He actually made the position more dangerous for himself.

It's like pro rassslin, you have to learn how to fall and protect yourself.

Sure, that could have ended very badly. I remember fearing the worst for Bader's arm watching it live.

Rampage is so weak/listless/all of the above he can't even do a proper slam anymore.

Bader said two things in this regard:

Before the fight:

"I'm a couple-time All-American," Bader said of his NCAA Division I wrestling past. "If he thinks he's just going to come in there and pick me up and slam me, that's just not going to happen."

After the fight:
I knew he was waiting for something because he was a little to relaxed right there with his hands and he was just waiting for me to knee the head and he caught me, he's a strong dude, so he picked me up and slammed me right on my head and I was out of it honestly for a little bit. But, I just recovered and that's what it's about, just staying in there and battling and that's what happened."

Ah. He must've recovered pretty quickly. A little higher off the ground and he probably would've been out.
Exactly!

It would have been the perfect ending for Rampage's career in the UFC to leave on such a high note.

Exactly!

It would have been the perfect ending for Rampage's career in the UFC to leave on such a high note.

I know man. He's one of my favorite fighters of all times. I was so pumped when I saw Bader begin to lift off the ground. Pride Rampage would've had no trouble putting him out with that. People grow old. Lol.

In posts #1 and #5 of this thread you don't get the full visual experience from the fight that night. You know... it's a slow-mo gif.

The live action is below. Once I saw that on the tube I believed Rampage had just won the fight PRIDE-style, aka Arona. Major props to Bader for having the heart to rise up and win the match. It ended up being one of those maneuvers in MMA history that looked worse than it actually was.

rampage-slams-ryan-bader.gif

I know man. He's one of my favorite fighters of all times. I was so pumped when I saw Bader begin to lift off the ground. Pride Rampage would've had no trouble putting him out with that. People grow old. Lol.
Same here, Rampage was the one that made me begin to follow mma religiously.

Age and knee problems together with mileage took their toll :(

Would a rolling piledriver aka Canadian destroyer be illegal? Not that it would ever happen In MMA.

When I saw that slam I thought Rampage might have won the fight right there, it would have been so fitting being back in Japan.

Legal in Pride if I'm not mistaken.

Sure it was legal, but the guy said nobody could do a piledriver move without the help of the other person.

I'm pretty sure Nogueira didn't want to get piledrove into the ground like a nail.

Back