Could Rampage's Throw Have Potentially KO'ed Or Injured Bader?

It was so awesome to see Rampage get a real slam in the UFC. Unfortunately he fucked up his already injured knee with that throw and couldn't do much else afterward.

He said in an interview, he wanted to give something back to his Japanese fans because Bader was making the fight boring, and he used a lot of energy to do the slam.

He broke the fall with his arm. A higher throw distance could have possibly caused injury to his arm, similar to what happened to Shogun in the first Coleman fight. But Fedor got slammed from a higher distance and with greater velocity by Randleman and still survived, so there's no guarantee. Bader is a big strong guy who's used to being tossed around, he could probably handle it. Frankly, it's receiving strikes standing that gives him the most trouble.

SLAMPAGE.gif

Sure, that could have ended up very bad. I don't know what Bader was thinking with trying to brace with his arm though. Could have had a Shogun/Coleman 1 incident on top of a neck injury.
IMHO, it worked for him in that instance. Potentially risky, yes, but if the impact had been on his head, he could have been knocked out. So considering that he didn't get knocked out or injured and went on to easily win the fight, it clearly worked for him.

SLAMPAGE.gif

What do you think?

My opinion, if Rampage could've lifted him a bit higher, it could've been bad. He landed directly on his neck. He probably would've been KO'ed/Neck damage.

Sure it could have KO'd or injured him.

Do I have an issue with the technique? Nope. Fighting in general is not beneficial to your health. There are very real consequences to stepping into that cage. You either accept them as a possibility or do not engage such activity.

The way this sport is heading though, we're going to see more rule changes that ultimately make fights less realistic as we progress. I hope it doesnt happen, but it sure seems like we're going in that direction regardless.

MMA today is a watered down version of what it once was.

I was more suprised he didn't break his arm.

Do I have an issue with the technique? Nope. Fighting in general is not beneficial to your health. There are very real consequences to stepping into that cage. You either accept them as a possibility or do not engage such activity.

The way this sport is heading though, we're going to see more rule changes that ultimately make fights less realistic as we progress. I hope it doesnt happen, but it sure seems like we're going in that direction regardless.

What rules in particular? I haven't heard anything recently about proposed changes

He landed so awkwardly I was surprised that he didn't get hurt.

You complain about the dangers fighters face, then complain about "watered down" MMA. Must be a conspiracy of some sort.

Potentially injured? How could you potentially injure someone from throwing them on their neck?

That slam looked nasty... especially when you see how Bader's arm beant and that he landed on his head.

Even more amazing that it was all Bader from then on in the fight.

You complain about the dangers fighters face, then complain about "watered down" MMA. Must be a conspiracy of some sort.

Spoken like a true UFC shill.

sarcasm alert

I wouldn't mind seeing headbutts and knees to a grounded opponent back on the menu, though, in all seriousness. I was watching Kerr destroy Fabio Gurgel and Paul Varelans last night and I got all nostalgic.

Spoken like a true UFC shill.

sarcasm alert

I wouldn't mind seeing headbutts and knees to a grounded opponent back on the menu, though, in all seriousness. I was watching Kerr destroy Fabio Gurgel and Paul Varelans last night and I got all nostalgic.

Don't blow my cover.

youre allowed to spike if theres rotation. Legal

RAMPAGE-SLAM-BADER.gif

whats illegal are straight down pile drivers
I heard a commisioner say it's only illegal if you have your opponents arms tied up and are in control of how he lands.

Back