Could Rampage's Throw Have Potentially KO'ed Or Injured Bader?

Arkridge

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
RAMPAGE-SLAM-BADER.gif

What do you think?

My opinion, if Rampage could've lifted him a bit higher, it could've been bad. He landed directly on his neck. He probably would've been KO'ed/Neck damage.

Last edited:
I'm surprised he wasn't injured from the actual throw.

Image not showing.

If you're talking about THAT throw, he should have been cut on the spot.

SLAMPAGE.gif

Sure, that could have ended up very bad. I don't know what Bader was thinking with trying to brace with his arm though. Could have had a Shogun/Coleman 1 incident on top of a neck injury.

That was a very dangerous move. It could have been much worse, luckily Bader didn't get injured. Seeing it again, I'm still amazed he went on to win the fight from that.

Could have broke his neck......horrible way to land.

Image not showing.

If you're talking about THAT throw, he should have been cut on the spot.

youre allowed to spike if theres rotation. Legal

RAMPAGE-SLAM-BADER.gif

whats illegal are straight down pile drivers

How it didn't hurt Bader is beyond me. Similar to Fedor surviving the Randleman suplex.

Holy shit.. Looking at that gif I forgot how brutal that was, shit looks straight out the wwe. Bader looks like he could've fucked up his neck and his arm

Yeah.

Right when it happened me and my friends were like "Man...Rampage looks like shit so he basically just tried to break Bader's neck with that throw".

Coulda been bad, the way he kinda landed on his head with all the weight coming down.

Y'all had been complaining Rampage hadn't slammed someone in years, so what does he do? He slams a guy and y'all still complain, damn.

Brutal, though, and Bader's lucky he survived.

I had completely forgotten about that one :eek:

Legal or not, I'd say it's a bit irresponsible. Even in a sport where
you repeatedly punch a grounded opponent in the face pretty regularily.

A KO is one thing, a broken neck is another. That could've potentially
ended the fight, and in the worst case, Bader's career.

Yeah.

Right when it happened me and my friends were like "Man...Rampage looks like shit so he basically just tried to break Bader's neck with that throw".

Coulda been bad, the way he kinda landed on his head with all the weight coming down.

ya man I'm sure he tried to break his neck lol

youre allowed to spike if theres rotation. Legal

RAMPAGE-SLAM-BADER.gif

whats illegal are straight down pile drivers

can you quote the rule? or tell me where to look exactly? Not doubting, but i'd like to read it for myself

It was so awesome to see Rampage get a real slam in the UFC. Unfortunately he fucked up his already injured knee with that throw and couldn't do much else afterward.

Back