Could Price be the new Wlad?

Nexxus six

White Belt
Reaction score
Hear me out here. Does he have the size/power/skills to overcome his less than stellar chin if he boxed smarter? People completely wrote off Wlad after Sanders and Brewster destroyed him, similar to Price's 2 losses to Thompson.

The Sanders KO had much to do with Wlads shitty gas tank at the time. I mean, yeah, Sanders smacked him around but Wlad definitely gassed out.

Price just can't take a shot.

Watching Price/Thompson 2 I felt like Price had the absolute worst gameplan coming off of a K.O. loss and he gassed out as much as anything. Maybe he got scared? I still think Price could beat some good fighters.

I think Wlads chin being shit is kind of an overrated thought.

Anyone can go down in the HW divisions, and IMO Wlad has shown no signs of being easily hurt as others.

Amazing how big he wouldve been for UK boxing. Good looking HW Olympic KO artist, too bad

The Sanders KO had much to do with Wlads shitty gas tank at the time. I mean, yeah, Sanders smacked him around but Wlad definitely gassed out.

Price very obviously gassed in the second fight, he was taking hits because he was too tired to even lift his gloves.

No, he could not be the new Wlad, he will get smashed up, when he again decides to step his competition up.

He doesn't have the same tools at his disposal that Wlad, much less to work with. With that being said I do believe he will improve and make a new for himself in the division, but he won't become the next Wlad.

I don't think Wlad's chin is that bad. Not great but not that bad. Price however, his chin is glass. It's terrible. The only way he'll get a world title is giving him guys that he can take out easily. I think Chisora would KO him.

I don't think Wlad's chin is that bad. Not great but not that bad. Price however, his chin is glass. It's terrible. The only way he'll get a world title is giving him guys that he can take out easily. I think Chisora would KO him.

He should fight the loser of Fury/Chisora after another tune up or 2. Makes sense and would be a fun, marketable fight

Are you being sarcastic? Sanders annihiliated Wlad in 2 rounds and almost finished him in the first it had literally nothing to do with Wlad's stamina that was the Ross Puritty and the Brewster fights. Sanders straight up annihilated him.
Price gas tank is much worse than Wlad's or at least it was vs Thompson.

To your question Price isn't as athletic as Wlad nor is that that good of a boxer. He is slower, might have worse stamina, doesn't have nearly the same jab, doesn't have the same left hook, doesn't control distance that well, handles pressure even worse than Wlad and no he won't be the next Wlad.

Anthony Joshua is the most promising young HW prospect

Nope.

I hope you weren't asking this seriously

Back