could Palhares beat hendricks easy?

He still has the ability to beat anyone at WW very quickly and easily given his freakish talent to tear legs off. I sure wouldn't bet on it every time (especially against Lombard), but he does have the ability.

I will say breaking his foot in the middle of the fight didn't help.

I would also note, that every single opponent Palhares has ever had knows EXACTLY what's coming. They base their entire camp off of avoiding that leg lock. Most of the time, they don't get out. It's crazy.

Take Mike Peirce. In my mind, Peirce should have won that fight. It was his fight to lose. But he still got caught very quickly. I view the Hendricks match up exactly the same. I expect Johnny to win, but if he got caught I sure wouldn't be the least bit surprised.

Since Mike Pierce is actually his biggest win, I would point out his main weakenss is top 10 fighters. Whether hes stands with them and gets KOd (Lombard), or goes to the ground and gets tapped (Belcher), he loses to any top 10 guy, every time. Even if he gets his supposedly perfect heelhook on a top ten guy (marquardt) he still loses it and then gets KOd.

Nope. Palhares usually beats himself.

This is a good way to put it, Palhares is one of those guys that destroys people or get's destroyed, he could beat Hendricks easily but he could also be beaten by him easily.

I don't think he could get Hendricks to the ground he'd get KO'd on the feet

I think Hendricks would tko him in the first. Why would he try to grapple with him at all?

This is a good way to put it, Palhares is one of those guys that destroys people or get's destroyed, he could beat Hendricks easily but he could also be beaten by him easily.

I loved his celebration against Miller. That was one of the most hilarious things to witness.

he could lose, but it would be very satisfying to see him crank that leg.

Since Mike Pierce is actually his biggest win, I would point out his main weakenss is top 10 fighters. Whether hes stands with them and gets KOd (Lombard), or goes to the ground and gets tapped (Belcher), he loses to any top 10 guy, every time. Even if he gets his supposedly perfect heelhook on a top ten guy (marquardt) he still loses it and then gets KOd.

Pierce is/was top 10 caliber when he beat him.

Gentlemen, his weakness isn't a label. It's the match up.

Well he could beat anyone easy he has the ability to quickly submit most fighters, whether he would or not is a different story.

Most threads involving matchups (actual or hypothetical) are almost always not worth the discussion when they have words or phrases in the title like; "no chance", "destroy", "easy", ect.

He was knocked out by Marquart and Lombard. Granted the Nate fight was a while back which is why I wavered on going back even further to include the UD loss to Hendo. But point it this guy is not unbeatable. He is capable of losing big. And his losses have come to strong wrestlers with KO power or guys with great TD defense and KO power. Essentially guys with a good chance of keeping the fight on its feet and knocking him out. Hendrix fits that mold. And I am not even a Hendrix fan and I don't know anybody that I would say beats him easy

I certianly think he has the chance to. If he could catch a leg early when they are dry. It would certianly be an intriguing fight. A lot of dander for Johnny early.

No way. Palhares isn't mentally cut out for the upper echelons of MMA.

paul harris - the most controversial fighter in the history of the sport!!!!!

i was thinking since he beat pierce with such ease and hendricks doesnt have amazing bjj def.

Yeah Hendricks has been submitted many times....

Seriously, stop making up shit

Palhares would lose in 10 out of 11 worlds but if he does win it's likely to be in impressive fashion.

Palhares could definitely win. His takedowns are so explosive and usually has no problem taking down experienced MWs such as Hendo or Belcher, and he could just drop down for a leg anyways like he's done on a few of his opponents, if he couldnt get the takedown. Hendricks ground game isn't even close to Palhares so he would have to keep it standing to win.

Hendricks would most likely win, Palhares could lock on a submission early on and have an "easy" win but I wouldn't count on it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back